Author Topic: Original Profile  (Read 5483 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Original Profile
« on: September 17, 2008, 01:51:10 AM »
I will take a look at the originial profile the police put out about the Ed serial killer. it is interesting tolook back to see if either of these guys fit that profile.

BUt one thing I did notice. Police at first would not say there is a serial killer. BUt then changed that to there is a person who killed 1 or more of these girls out there.

It turns out, there was more then 1 person, there is 3 people, or more, and it was after Ellie May Meyer was found they annoucned that.

This to me would mean, the killer of Ellie May Meyer spured them on to put out that notice and reward and profile. It is likely then, that whomever killed Ellie May Meyer used the same MO or had the same DNA as some of the others.

I'm sure there is going to be a lot more cases being solved here soon. But I get the feeling no one is going to be confessing to anything.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: Original Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 10:01:09 AM »
Chris; where is the original police profile? where do they usually post/or publicize these?

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 03:18:43 AM »
Yes I will find them and post them when I do.

CraftyGal

• Remember adopt-Don't Shop!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 02:24:27 PM »
I found it...

The RCMP's behavioral sciences unit said they believe:

* The suspect drives a truck, van, or a sport utility vehicle, and is comfortable driving in rural areas. The vehicle is likely in good shape, with a significant amount of mileage.
    * The suspect may participate in outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, camping, and uses his vehicle for them.
    * The suspect may have periodically cleaned the interior and exterior of his vehicle, perhaps at times that are unusual for this particular individual.
    * The suspect likely has a past or present connection to the areas south of Edmonton, perhaps Leduc, Camrose, New Sarepta, or the surrounding communities. He may have lived or worked in those areas, has family or friends in the area, or has used the area for recreational purposes.

Police noted that the profile includes a cooling-off period between murders, but concede that the time between killings is getting shorter.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1119026288859_114435488/

CraftyGal
(edited to fix the font size)

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 03:13:26 PM »

Thanks for the profile. Now I wonder who killed Brianna Torvalson, who was left in the same area as the others, but highly visable, in a driveway, used everyday??  Apparently she was last seen using a phone near the Transit Hotel.

Her family and friends said she would not get in a vehicle with someone she didn't know. She was quite timid...Known acquaintance, or so called friend, or a supposed "good john".?

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 04:37:24 PM »
I find this very interesting because when Bernadette Ahenakew was murdered a fellow STW saw her getting into a white van. She was probably the last person to see her alive. The original profile states a van as one of the vehicles that the Edmonton serial killer most likely drives.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 04:58:44 PM »

Joseph Laboucan has been charged with the killing of Ellie May Myer, a KARE Victim. He was also sentenced for 2nd degree murder, of Nina Courtepatte.

Thomas Svekla was charged with the killings of Rachel Quinney, and Theresa Innes. He was acquitted of Rachel Quinney, and Guilty of the slaying of Theresa Innes.

Meanwhile Leann Benwell was killed.  Two girls from West Edmonton Mall, missing, Kare involved. Brianna Torvalson Killed this year. By WHO??
Both Laboucan and Svekla said others involved.

How many profiles do we really need????

Something stinks, and it isn't me......

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 11:01:37 PM »
Thanks for posting that Crafty.

Well, it looks like 3 profiles were needed. 1 Svleka, 1 Laboucan and one for whomever else is out there. We have killings from 2001 til this summer unsolved that seem related.

CraftyGal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 11:13:35 AM »
Thanks for posting that Crafty.

Glad I could help.

We have women that are street savy, that only got into vehicles of people they knew.  Ergo, the killer or killers is someone that you wouldn't take a second look at.  I found out that there is a fellow, not connected to any social services, that drives a white van.  He lets the STW get in to warm up (winter) and gives out sandwiches and coffee/hot chocolate.  I don't have a name.  I just found out about it Sunday at the Homeless Connect Edmonton event at the Shaw Conference Center.  The woman I was working with mentioned it to me, as she was upset that the Guardian Angels were invited and this guy wasn't.

Anyone else aware of this person?

CraftyGal

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 03:21:43 AM »
I found out that there is a fellow, not connected to any social services, that drives a white van

Dp you have a description? I'm not going to say his charity is not genuine, but I do know there are creeps who hide behind good deeds to commit bad ones.

I hope more can be laerned about him.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 01:01:22 AM »
mauvelilac:

"
The reason I mentioned cab driver I was going through one of the SK's threads for Edmonton and the thought came to me, one of them is a cab driver. Another thing that came to me was Buono and Biachi, the Hillside stranglers so I'm thinking there's two that meet up at the killing spot. There's two killers working together but sometimes independendantly of each other if you know what I mean? In other words, the girls are getting into the vehicle with one guy but are driven somewhere where there's another man waiting. But not always."

This is a theory that has been around for a long time. Someone picks up, and Some times they work in tandem, sometimes apart, but are connected, and  delivers to the killer, and perhaps, anther disposes of the body.There are lot's of old farms, and hideaways in the bush.There may be people who will pay big bucks, to do what they want to a gal. Sometimes resulting in death. These are sadistic homicidal maniacs. They meet in jail, or thru groups, and they are bent, their brain is really messed up.Pain and anguish is there game, torture, a toll, and death is the ultimate sacrifice, and often necrophilia, pursues.

CraftyGal

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 07:00:54 PM »
I found out that there is a fellow, not connected to any social services, that drives a white van

Do you have a description? I'm not going to say his charity is not genuine, but I do know there are creeps who hide behind good deeds to commit bad ones.

I hope more can be learned about him.
[/size]

Unfortunately I don't have a description.  I believe I have seen a couple of vans on 118th everyday, with no identifying marks.  I know that the the women are very wary as they should be.  I often see women at my AA meetings who are trying to get out of the STW.  They are having big issues often with housing and getting help and support for quitting drugs and alcohol.

CraftyGal