Author Topic: Jami Furnandiz - October 15, 1997 - Age 18 - Missing - Oshawa  (Read 13027 times)

Shwa

• View Profile
Re: Jami Furnandiz - October 15, 1997 - Age 18 - Missing - Oshawa
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 07:05:14 AM »
I would imagine that the first persons they check are those local missing persons when they find remains.  I hope they do!

phsycic dreams

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 08:29:25 AM »
Jami's family was living up north of Oshawa and does anyone know if she could have been hitchhiking up north to see her son or family. I heard she was seen in the Apsley area after she left oshawa with other family.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 12:31:00 AM by Concerned »

Jessica-

• The truth will come to light; murder cannot be hid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 09:07:03 AM »
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/207ufnj.html

Seeing the drawing and Jami's picture is just....there is somthing there.

The only thing holding this back is the height (Although on another board we just witnessed a height discrepancy of 4+inches) so it is possible

No tattoo's (But the UID had also been in the water for months, this could cause deterioration.)

The distance, could she have run away? (I have seen bodies end up in farther places (Only 8 hours away)

Also the age matches up on par.

Thoughts???

art-hu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2012, 04:15:51 PM »
I don't think Jamie would have left her son and family for all those years without notifiying anyone. I really don't think she was planning to run away.  Although there is quite a resemblance there, the height foresure is a discrepancy.
 As we advance in  technology, forensics now should be able to be exact or closer to exact heights ect.  Good eyes Jessica!

n.scott

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2014, 04:40:13 PM »
I joined this site so I could comment on this thread.

Jami was (is) my cousin, and I was 11 when she went missing. I know in my heart that if she's ever found, it won't be alive.
I'm honestly surprised to learn people are still recently talking about her disappearance, but I'm glad to see that they are.
I no longer have anything to do with the paternal half of my family, which is the branch Aunt Connie, Jami and Stefan belong to, but I'll never stop hoping that she gets closure.
I've always had my own theory as to what happened, but until Jami's found it will always be just that: a theory.
I've been thinking about her a lot recently, and I'd nearly forgotten just how much I missed, and still miss, her.
I'm so grateful to learn her memory hasn't been forgotten outside of her family.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2014, 07:39:40 PM »
This disappearance of Jami is truly a puzzle.  Do you think, by chance that Jami was actually in a vehicle with someone she knew?  And things went terribly wrong? 

n.scott

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2014, 10:36:47 PM »
Personally, I'm convinced it was someone she knew. Have been since my mid-teens, and I'm nearly 30 now.
The only way I'll believe otherwise is with proof.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2018, 04:19:30 AM »
n.scott.....have you been reading about the arrest of Adam Strong (45 years old) arrested in Oshawa and charged with murdering Rori Hache?  Well, they have recently discovered DNA of another woman, Kandis Fitzpatrick, who has been missing since 2008, in Strong’s basement apartment.
So....sounds like this creep has killed at least two women.....we need to run Jami’s name by the Durham Police, in case they have missed Jami.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2018, 05:07:40 AM »
I actually just called Durham Region Police Service...1-888-579-1520 ext 5407..and had to leave a message with Det. Darren Short.
Hopefully he gets it and at least looks into it. I noticed one news article says they contacted one of two reported missing women from Durham region, but the article neglected to give names, so I have no idea if Jami’s name is on their desk.

So far, they have found the remains of Rori Hache (18)...2017
DNA of Kandis Fitzpatrick (18)....2008.....this news is unfolding, now.....10 years after the fact.   

So, in my opinion, this Adam Strong, who is now 45 years old...needs to be looked at hard for Jami’s disappearance.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 05:12:06 AM by jobo »