Author Topic: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West  (Read 180509 times)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West
« Reply #360 on: November 28, 2010, 10:38:03 PM »

Chris can we unlock this thread for posting again?

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 30, 2010, 11:35:55 PM »
yes unlocked. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone treating each others opinion with respect even if they disagree.

amIam

« Reply #362 on: December 01, 2010, 05:35:43 PM »
Thanks Chris, great to see Kathleen's thread reopened.

amIam

« Reply #363 on: February 06, 2011, 07:47:32 PM »
So very sad to observe Kathleen's thread has become so stagnant since it was locked down..  Almost as if stifled deliberately..jmo.
I have been reading back from day one of the thread..many posters who have info  posted here.  I am working on a compilation from info provided by the posters.
Will provide this as soon as possible.  In the meantime should anyone have anything to offer please do as Kathleen's family needs answers and Kathleen's murder needs justice to prevail.

redbeard

• Author of Cold North Killers, coming March 3, 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 09, 2011, 03:11:04 AM »
Well I just got through reading all 26 pages of this thread trying to figure out the facts to maybe start a profile - but I noticed that all of Perdy's posts have disappeared.  What's the deal with that?

Some issues of extreme importance that haven't come up: WHEN did Kathleen leave the house were the gathering took place?  I understand it was sometime in the evening, but do we have an approximate time?  And how well travelled would the road she walked along be at that time of night?  Would there be cars passing by her for instance?  Did the relatives she was staying with live in the surrounding Middleton Park houses, or elsewhere?  Forgive me if I missed these answers, but they are crucial.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 03:14:33 AM by redbeard »

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 09, 2011, 04:24:28 AM »
Perdy has also been banned.   Her and Woodland basically were banned around the same time. 

RubyRose

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 09, 2011, 08:04:45 AM »
It will be good to see this thread get back on track as it appears now that it will.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 09, 2011, 08:15:21 AM »
It is even hard to get a handle on the route she travelled.   I have read 2 different accounts.  One poster said it takes 10 minutes to walk from Cresswell through downtown Trenton to get to the other side of the bridge to the base/cut through Zellers plaza.   Another poster said it's a 25-30 minute walk.   They are saying the route is not dark and lonely and it's fairly well travelled.   Where Kathleen's body was found was in a grove (dark in there) but houses start half way down that block.  There is a few hundred meters that do not have street lights. 
Kathleen was living with relatives on the base.   I cannot find what time Kathleen left the house party/gathering.   I read that she was offered a ride, but wasn't ready to leave yet. 
The very first article on this thread called the scene National Defense property Canadian Forces Base Trenton......but then others have said it was NOT Military property at the time.    Of course, I had been questioning surveillance and patrols IF it was base property, but I gather it wasn't.

Seeking the Truth

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 09, 2011, 12:56:22 PM »
Too bad Perdy's posts are gone.  I remember she seemed to have a lot of firsthand knowledge back when the murder happened.  I believe her daughter was a friend of Kathleen's.  Or she was a friend of a friend. 

I have also been reviewing the first pages of this thread.  You had people who had lived in Trenton and worked on the base posting and members attacked the information they provided.   :o  I am not sure why this is, but maybe it was because they didn't give you the answers you wanted?  Perdy got banned, Another Trentonian says they are a guest (don't know what this means), and Golanvern stopped posting.  Fortunately Another Trentonian's and Golanvern's posts are still there to check for information.  I don't know that their information would be 100% accurate, but these were people who had direct knowledge of the base and how it worked, the Trenton area and were around when the Kathleen Macvicar murder happened.  Why would you not believe them?  My suggestion is to go back and read their posts and maybe you will find some answers. 

redbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 09, 2011, 03:25:45 PM »
Perdy has also been banned.   Her and Woodland basically were banned around the same time.

Strange though.  I can still read Woodland's posts.

redbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 09, 2011, 03:31:33 PM »
Jobo - Finding the time she left the party I think really is a key bit of info that we need to know.  I mean, it could be anywhere from 9 pm to 5 in the morning when you think about it.  Wasn't a relative of Kathleen's posting on this site for awhile.  I'm sure they would know.

Seeking the Truth

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 09, 2011, 04:40:35 PM »

Strange though.  I can still read Woodland's posts.

Chris banned Perdy and deleted her posts.  By the time he banned Woodland, he had decided not to delete posts anymore as it tampered with the continuity in the threads.  At least this is my view of how it happened.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 09, 2011, 06:06:29 PM »
Redbeard:   Reply #291 has the time Kathleen left the gathering as being 10:30 pm.

Seeking the Truth

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 09, 2011, 06:33:57 PM »
Also check post #302 and #307 regarding whether the property was civilian or belonged to the base.  Golanvern lived there and should be a credible source.

Edited to add, also #300.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 06:35:37 PM by Seeking the Truth »

redbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 09, 2011, 06:47:22 PM »
Thanks Jobo, so we can then assume she confronted her attacker sometime between 10:30 and 11:15 ?  I have also seen mention that the body was moved.  Is there a credible source for this, because the way I am envisioning the murder right now, I would say it is a one or two crime scene deal, not a three parter.