Author Topic: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West  (Read 180240 times)

amIam

Re: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West
« Reply #330 on: October 24, 2010, 05:05:53 PM »
Just one thing...Williams has been cleared of Kathleen's murder. He kept very detailed logs of all his crimes which is why he was charged with so many crimes so fast after his arrest. I think DNA would be a factor in clearing him also.

I have faith that one day Kathleen's killer will be caught. and that Trenton OPP did not know he was striking in the Belleville area (18 km away) and visa versa.

Perdy, do you perhaps have a link that states Williams has been cleared in relation to Kathleen's murder?  I have not seen nor heard that statement given by LE.

There at one time was an MTO sign as you drove along Dundas St. ( Hwy 2) and passed CFB Trenton, it stated:  Belleville 16 kms.  I haven't noticed that in awhile, likely something I just got used to and will check that out next time I pass by.

That link though regarding Williams being cleared of Kathleen's murder would be great though.  If you could find a moment, could you post it??

amIam

« Reply #331 on: October 24, 2010, 05:35:45 PM »
Well first of all Military bases are not cess pools of crime! Not to mention that not all service people are demented serial killers like Russell Williams. I spent a long time in the military and 98% of the people are good decent honest upstanding citizens and the military culture of covering things up ended around the time of the Somalia incidents and when I left was highly frowned upon!

ahwhatheappendtotruth,   Interesting comments. I thought Williams was an anomaly of sorts.  Perhaps 1%?  But you have mentioned perhaps there is more than this..perhaps a further percentage?  This is scary.

And futher the mention of a Somalia " incidents"  These were NOT "incidents" Somalis were tortured and killed by Cdn military people.

And the covering up of the military and by the time you left "it was highly frowned upon"  Do you mean prior to the expose in Somalia it was okay?  If so, thank goodness it was exposed.

Hopefully one day, Kathleen MacVicars murder will be solved and the individual responsible will be exposed.  In the meantime, thanks for the further insight.

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 24, 2010, 05:36:21 PM »
Am - when you have a moment, could you perhaps provide a link that LE is looking at RW for this crime?  It would be great.

amIam

« Reply #333 on: October 25, 2010, 06:39:34 AM »
From the Belleville Intellingencer"

Williams has served with the Canadian Forces since 1987 and police confirmed they are looking into unsolved crimes in areas he has served in since then.

"We are certainly tracking the movements of where this man has been over the past several years and we're continuing on with our investigation," Nicholas said, adding that does include the 2001 murder of Kathleen MacVicar. MacVicar's body was found in Middleton Park, an on-base housing development for mostly military personnel, in 2001. http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?archive=true&e=2440267

amIam

« Reply #334 on: October 29, 2010, 06:06:36 PM »
Perdy, thanks for the link,
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2540861
However, it's an old one from Feb.  I have neither seen nor read anything since Williams plea of guilt and from LE that has stated he has been cleared of other crimes...since his conviction.
Yes, Williams kept detailed records and on his own admission, he burned things when there became too many.  What did he burn destroy and burn?
And where is the most recent link he has been exonerated by LE from other murders.  This has been asked by others on the Russell Williams Timeline and so far there have no links provided.
I will apprise you if there there is anything concrete provided by a reputable and recent media source..FYI.
JMO

amIam

« Reply #335 on: October 30, 2010, 04:15:05 PM »
Purdy wrote:
"The link you posted (amIam) was written 8 months ago (January Intelligencer newspaper) ...old news. No longer valid as of February."
----------------------------------------------------------

I have repeated the link.  It's strange you have mentioned this link is not valid and claim it ws from the Belleville Intelligencer from January.
http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?archive=true&e=2440267
Russell Williams was not brought in for questioning by LE until Feb.7, 2010, as to his involvement in the ( at that time, abduction of Jessica Lloyd)  He confessed as a result of a smarter man.
Williams was charged with her murder as well as Marie Comeau's as a result of his confession, on Feb 8th LE publicially made the announcement.
Please, go back and read the link I provided and then perhaps myself as well as others will be able to understand any justification you may have. As always, just my opinion.

amIam

« Reply #336 on: November 06, 2010, 04:41:17 PM »
Perdy, here's a more recent link dated Oct/ 2010
Apparently the book isn't closed on Williams...just FYI
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2010/10/07/15615816.html
Sorry you are receiving your info via IPod..ain't that accurate, obviously.
You accuse me of picking out trivial things of no importance? Is not accuracy important when it comes to a crime of this magnitude, on DND property and still unsolved, with the former commander now behind bars for a double homicide??  And at every other base he has ever been posted?
As for your invite to PM you..what could you possible say to me that you have not said publically?
Personally, I prefer open forums as as they are far more less apt to be tampered with. Not certain if you are aware..but did you know, a receiver of a PM has the ability to change the wording?? 

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 07, 2010, 10:14:40 AM »
I also do not think Williams is related to Kathleen's murder.   It does not fit his MO.   He goes to women's houses, not attacking them in a field.     That is what we have learned so far about Williams and his crimes.  So I will continue to think he had nothing to do with Kathleen's murder.   The police should have checked out, a little closer, who lived around there at the time.  Someone in the vicinity.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 07, 2010, 04:47:57 PM »
I really do not believe Williams had anything to do with Kathleen's murder, either. I do believe that it is someone that evening that was following her home. I do hope the police open their files and go right from page 1 to the last page. I think they should get the eyes of a fresh detective on this case and maybe he will see something in the file that does not add up. I am thinking it is someone who lives in the community right there on the base. Did the police get the names of all of those who live close by to where Kathleen was staying. This could have been done by a young offender who lives in the area. I do hope that they are going over this file and still looking for leads and following up every single lead on this case. :( :( :( :( :(

amIam

« Reply #339 on: November 08, 2010, 08:55:27 PM »
MacVicar's body was found by a national defence groundskeeper June 15, 2001, near a wooded area at the Canadian Forces Base in Trenton, Ont. She had been sexually assaulted and stabbed numerous times.

"Just because it's a cold case doesn't mean we're not working on it and the murderer will never be found," said OPP spokeswoman Kristine Rae. "We're still optimistic."

Investigators have never revealed the type of weapon used to kill MacVicar. Neither have they said exactly where the murder took place, OPP officers initially included a lead investigator and six other team members.But in the years since, the team has dwindled to just one case officer, Insp. Chris Nicholas.http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/07/28/14854271.html

amIam

« Reply #340 on: November 10, 2010, 04:53:08 PM »
I am thinking it is someone who lives in the community right there on the base. Did the police get the names of all of those who live close by to where Kathleen was staying. I do hope that they are going over this file and still looking for leads and following up every single lead on this case. :( :( :( :( :(

It's so very sad that Kathleen's murder has been unsolved after over 9 years.  I agree, it is someone who lived in the community right there on base.  However, I doubt very much Kathleen's
murderer will ever be arrested..far too much paper work and military smoke and mirrors.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 10, 2010, 05:50:48 PM »
Does anyone know why she was going to the park? Did I read that right?

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 10, 2010, 08:10:37 PM »
Perdy, thanks for clarifying that, when I read the following excerpt it sounded as though she left a friend's house at 10:30 p.m. to go to the park. And, they mentioned she was trusting. I didn't realize she was walking home. I guess that would make more sense if that were the case, wouldn't it.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/07/28/14854271.html

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 11, 2010, 06:40:58 AM »
 :-[  That makes sense.
Admittedly, I am not connected to this case (obviously  :-[), but have always read it over as I have a very special soft spot for young adults that are not given the chance to live a full life, from the screwed up hands of others. Although we can't contribute the answer (don't we all wish we had that one) we can care. Even if it is from our own view, with our own questions. My hope is someday we (those on this site, those in law enforcement, those in the military, those that know the perp...)  and can all put the pieces each has together and provide peace to Kathleen's passing. She was way too young to not be amongst us. And she, obviously, is not forgotten.

Something happened on that walk. I wish we could have helped her. It's a sad day when we can't walk from point A to point B. Those that don't let us, need to be caught.  It sounds like everyone on this thread is in agreement on that. And, in agreement that losing little Kathleens is not acceptable. I think we are all frustrated that so many years have passed and there is no resolve. Meaning, the perp walks around with the propensity to hurt others. How very sad is that, for society as a whole.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 13, 2010, 09:20:08 PM »
Thanks for that Perdy. That is helpful.

So what we have is an act of anger. Maybe not planned, although carrying a knife does have some forethought. And it happened on a pathway home.  That would lead me to think either it was a chance meeting of a person that is lurking out that late at night, perhaps on her way home. Or, someone that knew her and knew her path.

Could she have rebuffed someone at the gathering she left? Who was the person that asked her if she would like a ride home? When did that person leave the party and when did that person arrive at their home?  Was there anyone at the gathering that could have been jealous of her, perhaps over a boy? What was her relationship like with the uncle? Did she ever express not wanting to go home or avoid going home early? Were there questionable neighbors of the aunt/uncle that could have been looking for her to come home? Any neighbors that were on medication for a mental condition that may not have been properly medicated at the time? Were transient shelters or hotels in and around that area? Could she have walked past an area that homeless sleep and someone followed her?  Was there a person at any nearby bars that got nasty and abusive when they drink?  Could she have worked with someone that was waiting near her home for her to get home?

I'm trying to think of reasons why a young girl would make someone so upset they would stab them, and all I come up with is jealous. 

Wonder what time this happened to her. And what time she left the gathering. And, how long it would take her to get to that point.

The other thing that bothers me about this case, is it was what seems to be a one-time only event. That would lean towards jealousy or transient. Or someone that was temporarily in the area for some reason.

Thank goodness your daughters were ok.