Author Topic: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West  (Read 180510 times)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West
« Reply #315 on: September 30, 2010, 08:15:15 PM »
What did I miss?  who is cyber bulleying. 

Call me old ... I thought cyber bulleying was like stalking or something.... I must have missed a post or something??? ...or maybe one was taken down?

Maybe I'm getting the wrong message in previous posts above .... Is it amIam the two of you are referring to?

Woodland; I could swear you ordered amIam to take down one of her posts last night in another thread. .... In fact I'm sure you did.  And I seem to recall - little more than a month ago, you declared my posting on this site - to be ignorant and stupid - something to that effect - everybody noticed it.  Are you sure you want to call someone a "cyber bulley"?

I've been reading posts by amIam since at least a year on here.  I find he/she to be totally sincere and fair.  I have never ever seen that person disagree in any manner other than civil and intelligent.   Maybe you can explain exactly where this person committed this cyber bullying. 

amIam

« Reply #316 on: October 04, 2010, 04:19:37 PM »

And knowing the town, area, military as well as civilian side, etc... she is not posting "fair" statements even if I stretch the meaning. She has constantly misled and that totally disrespects Kathleen and the thread.

We should concentrate on facts that help find Kathleen.

You have accused me of many things in your post that are truly not worthy of a response but I take great exception at your accusing me of disrespecting Kathleen.  Nothing can be further from the truth.

1) Media reports stated Kathleen attended a party with friends at a residence on Cresswell Dr., the evening of her murder.   The last individuals to see her alive were those individuals.

2) Media reports stated Kathleen's remains were discovered on DND property. 

Yes, there has been much objection to both these media statements by yourself and a number of individuals.  Unfortunately, I have not read one media report with a correction.

As for your further accusation I believe the military is a crime happy entity..have you read the local papers as of late??   

But this is not the place to post such links, this thread is for Kathleen.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 04, 2010, 05:23:05 PM »
That's what I recall as well am. 

I don't think we all dreamed that up.  It was commented on by more than you.  And I've been on this site and this thread long enough to know that the majority of posters do go digging and checking out media links about what their fellow posters are saying.  Most don't just "go along", most people here are researching all the time.

As far as conspiracy theories and personal opinions -  this is what these sites are here for.  Now one person might think that this breeds hatred and strays from the facts.  That is not true.  Theories are "possibilities" people arrive at based on what has been brought forth..... by media coverage, and - yes, sometimes rumor and stories from people in the area of the event,  are what makes it possible to "think outside the box"..... and if anyone thinks the police don't do this, or read these sites, they are definitely thinking wrong. 

The more theories brought forth, the more chance of pieces fitting into place.  That's what it's all about.  Most people explain where and how they arrive at such theories and; I don't claim to be brighter than anyone else, but I can almost always discern when a poster is "giving a theory" or "an opinion" - even if they haven't said "I believe this could be what happened" or simply "I believe this" or "I think" or "IMO" - but it is best to explain why we think "what we think".

I find that the majority of posters do express themselves in the form of opinions and their personal theories, but they also express that accordingly.  Yet we keep getting people who are bound and determined that this site should state nothing but facts.  How do they know what is fact anymore anyone than else?  Just coming on board and saying "that's not true",  "that's slanderous", "that's nothing but conspiracy theories", doesn't make them correct either if they are not putting forth documented proof or media links. 

Just "shooting off" because you believe different, is no good to anybody as far as providing the contrary proof.  It is the same thing as "giving an opinion";  and most of those who jump onboard this way, don't even have the courtesy to say "In my opinion" or "I think this is possible here because."

In effect, if people are coming here to get "only proven facts" - no theories, no opinions --- it shouldn't take them reading more than one or two topics to realize they are "in the wrong place".  They might feel better sticking with "only media they trust", government archives, and their local court rooms.

I for one, have made my remarks about the military covering up for its own.  I told a story that "is fact".  I did not name the family or the soldier, but they were related to me; and it is fact.  It was a very serious event with life-long reprocussions.  And I've naturally heard of many other similar circumstances of the exact same nature because other people who suffered the same naturally are comforted by sharing their story with someone who has been through the exact same thing.

The fact of whether the military base property is where she was found, or whether it was public domain seems irrelevant.  She lived on the base, thus was part of that area; that's where she was heading home; that is part of how she died.  That can't be changed.  Had she had no connection whatsoever to the military base, in view of all the media coverage about deaths connected to the base, there's bound to be public supposition and theories.  That's human nature.  IMO, even if this thread didn't exist, it wouldn't change the public's perception on the whole event and what connection there might or might not be to the military base.  The media already brought that about.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 05:46:29 PM by lostlinganer »

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 04, 2010, 05:42:03 PM »
I agree Perdy and amIam - this thread is for concentrating on Kathleen and the facts behind what happened to her.

amIam

« Reply #319 on: October 08, 2010, 02:11:58 PM »
I agree Perdy and amIam - this thread is for concentrating on Kathleen and the facts behind what happened to her.

Woodland, jmo but perhaps you have read through this thread and realised exactly what all the comments are about.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 08, 2010, 08:32:57 PM »
 ;)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 08:30:52 PM by Concerned »

amIam

« Reply #321 on: October 09, 2010, 03:45:10 PM »
Perdy,

Pomeroy was as you are well aware was never a suspect in Kathleen's murder.  OPP made a swift arrest.

And then there was Bridgeman, charged with the murder of Sara Martin..it took LE awhile to nail murder charges against him but they did.  He recently plead guilty to second degree..he and Williams were roomates of sorts in QWD centre. Bridgeman, as bad an actor as he was in years past was excluded as Kathleen's murderer as he was incarcerated at the time.

However, both these murder cases happened AFTER the OPP took over the policing of Trenton.  Prior to that and during the time of Kathleen's murder, Trenton was policed by well..the Trenton
Police.  Actually, after Katleen's murder there was a big shake up of the force..the Chief of police Armstrong ( among others) was booted.  Not long ago..this March past, I believe the police chief of Trenton was charged with sexual assault.   There is more than one count..it happened over  period of time, as with another former Trenton police officer who has since been dismissed as a result of domestic violence.

There are others as with the individual within the former Tronton Police Force who was
placed as lead investigator of Kathleen's murder.  He had no qualifications in the area of expertise.  Thank goodness, the city of Trenton was on the very edge of amalgamation with the OPP at the time of Kathleen's murder as we, the public would be totally unaware.

Your comments regarding your daughter's remarks that she had heard that Kathleen visited friends that evening and north of Curtis Rd. is interesting.  As the last confirmed sighting of Kathleen in the living was on Cresswell Dr. Someone who was there and offered her a ride that evening but katleen declined and posted same on this site.  If you have read the entire thread as you have
claimed, this should have been apparent.

If your daughter has  differing information as to the last place Kathleen was seen alive and since you seem as willing to catch Kathleen's killer as the rest of us.. I ask:  Did you pass this information on to the OPP?   

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?archive=true&e=1092767

amIam

« Reply #322 on: October 09, 2010, 04:40:54 PM »
I hear you Perdy.  There is assistance for tragedy in someone's past - I have never read that cyber bullying is a long term therapeutic answer.

Woodland, it's taken me a little while to digest your comment as I am not one to spout off a response without being informed of the back ground and the facts.  Your comment to Perdy caused a little puzzlement on my part, that is until further digging.   I am a compassionate person and now understand the remarks ..as you have commented there is help available. 

amIam

« Reply #323 on: October 15, 2010, 03:26:13 PM »
My understanding from my daughter is that she was visiting friends just north of Curtis Rd and not far into the town. I have read on this thread though that she was visiting on Creswell Drive (?) so i don't really know. Either way, her way home would have been this road and she would have to pass by or close to Beckers store (24 hr store) on the corner of Byran street and Dixon Drive (if memory serves me correctly). Just FYI, I did not like going there at night because it was or maybe still is a hangout for anyone with nothing to do.

Perdy, it has been awhile since I asked if you, your hubby, daughter or whomever reported to LE the information your daughter related to you; that Kathleen visited friends, north of Curtis Rd the evening of her murder.  You have not replied and yet you have been so very vocal towards observations over the past months, going as far as stating you have singled me out just for than reason. 

Now if you were really objective, reasoning and in the know, you would be completely
aware the last place LE can confirm that Kathleen was alive was at the address on
Cresswell Dr.

Cresswell Drive isn't even close to " north" of Curtis Rd....kind of a vague comment coming from one who claims to know the area to such a degree.  So what is north??   

As far as Google Maps..were they available in mid June 2001?  So much has changed at CFB Trenton since that time..almost as if moving from one location to another.  Google is great on current  but nothing is available in the past.

Again, I ask, if you have this information as you have posted.  Are LE aware?? To not report the knowledge you have is a  ( imho) a further travesty to Kathleen.

I quoted Kathleen's mother in a link I posted..it's here and if you have read every comment I have made as you have stated as the reason for singling me out; you MUST have read Colleen's.  In it she commented the OPP have been great with the sharing of information, however, the military have been less than forthcoming.

I urge you, if you have anything further to add to solve Kathleen's murder, please do so.  this was such a terrible, senseless  crime and her mother and family are awaiting a conclusion by
that what it may. 

amIam

« Reply #324 on: October 16, 2010, 04:40:17 PM »
Perdy - have a feeling you know that you do not owe anyone on this site any info about what you may have done.  And you are objective and reasonable.

I thought the demanding, in-your-face put downs were dealt with on another thread and were a thing of the past.

Woody, not meaning to be rude at all, but my question posed to Perdy in her reference her daughter informed her that Kathleen visited with friends north of Curtis Rd ( the night of her murder) was a valid query. 

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 16, 2010, 05:23:29 PM »

I've posted a picture of Kathleen below.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 16, 2010, 05:58:02 PM »
I hope that the authorities down in Trenton never stop looking for Kathleen's murderer.   No sitting around with nothing to do...bring out the files....look a little deeper into 'bad asses' known in the community.

Cops get to know who is who...why have they not found this killer?  Compare with other cities in Ontario along Hwy #401...all the way to London.  I recall at one point trying to connect dots with an unsolved crime in London to Kathleen's murder.  But as always, need more details that are impossible to find. 

The authorities need to constantly investigate this unsolved murder.   We owe it to her family.

amIam

« Reply #327 on: October 17, 2010, 01:56:05 PM »
There has been some argument as to where exactly Kathleen's body was found.  I have maintained as a result of media from the time ( June, 2001) her remains were located on Trenton CFB property...others have argued differently.  After 9 years it's difficult to locate any information regarding Kathleen.

However, Edsonmom, posted this link on the Williams Timeline thread.  I am reproducing it here as it states Kathleen's remains were located on base property.  The article also states she was strangled but I was of the opinion she was stabbed to death.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 TIP OF THE ICEBERG
In solving Jessica Lloyd & Cpl. Comeau's deaths, investigators are beginning to
work around the clock checking unsolved cold case files of assaulted or murdered
females in areas where Williams has been posted during the 23 years he served in
the Canadian Air Force.
      Kathleen MacVicar of Nova Scotia was visiting relatives on the Trenton CFB    
    in June 2001 when she disappeared. A few days later, her dead body is
      discovered, raped and strangled, lying on the ground in a wooded section of
      the military installation.

http://cmm.lefora.com/2010/09/11/comeau-corporal-marie-france-former-colonel-russel/

janice01

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 19, 2010, 06:04:37 PM »
It is nice know though that someone is still concerned about this case. I hope they have a POI.
Kathleen McVicor was a good friend of mine..we worked together at Stream in belleville...So sad my heart brks for her family and friends ...I will never forget being told at work she is no longer here...She was so full of joy really down to earth happy caring .. at work she would just brighten the day its wasent much after that i left  :-[ I pray all the time that they find who did this to her and let her family rest...god be with u my friend  xox

ahwhathappendtotruth

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 21, 2010, 06:26:22 PM »
First of my condolances to Kathleen's family!

Wow I am never surprised when it comes to these things. I guess people feel the need to point fingers.

Well first of all Military bases are not cess pools of crime! Not to mention that not all service people are demented serial killers like Russell Williams. I spent a long time in the military and 98% of the people are good decent honest upstanding citizens and the military culture of covering things up ended around the time of the Somalia incidents and when I left was highly frowned upon! So seriously get you're heads screwed on right.  Guys like Russell Williams come from all walks of life (Paul Bernardo, Clifford Olsen, Jeffery Dahlmer, and the list goes on on and on). It just so happens that Russell Willimas was high ranking Military Officer. So having said that please stop categorizing Military people of whom the majority are good decent people and are out there dying to protect your freedom and rights.....

Now back to Kathleen..... For her family I believe that whoever committed this crime will eventually be caught and be brought to Justice and when they are I hope that they never see the light of day. Eventually some piece of evidence or some new technology will come along and identify the killer. Remember they are solving case 10, 20 and 30 years old  and beyond even.... whoever did this will eventually be captured.... The police are very good at remembering... and some of them take homicides personally. Maybe it was Russell Williams and he will eventually confess maybe it wasn't whatever the case at least one more of these monsters has been caught.... Maybe Kathleen's monster will be next..........we can only hope
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 06:31:48 PM by ahwhathappendtotruth »