Author Topic: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West  (Read 180227 times)

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West
« Reply #240 on: April 20, 2010, 01:12:14 PM »
Well, I think they had the goods on Brickman and I think they just wanted to avoid a big trial. The lawyer and the prosecutor possibly got together and came up with this deal. Then when the lawyer pointed out to Brickman all of the evidence against him and that he was going down, he probably advised him to plead guilty to SDM. I don't think he would even be close to Williams when he was incarcerated. Williams is likely in an isolated section away from anyone that he can contact. So Brickman would not be a suspect in Kathleen's murder, so we're back to square one. ??? ??? ??? ???

amIam

« Reply #241 on: April 20, 2010, 05:28:41 PM »
Cape, Brickman was behind bars for a long time, his high profile lawyer ( legal aid) has had all the " discovery" from the Crown for months and months but kept dragging the actual trial date out.

In one of the posts on the Williams Timeline there is a posted link regarding Quinte West Detention Center in Napanee.  I think it was the one from when he tried to commit suicide.  In that article it is mentioned Williams is housed in a high security area with 3 cells.  Brickman is in one and in the other is Dean Brown who shot three people, killing a mother, daughter and wounded his ex girlfriend.  I believe the article states something to the effect " on either side of Williams" etc, etc.

So no, Williams is not in isolation. And Brickman was there.

Well, I think they had the goods on Brickman and I think they just wanted to avoid a big trial. The lawyer and the prosecutor possibly got together and came up with this deal. Then when the lawyer pointed out to Brickman all of the evidence against him and that he was going down, he probably advised him to plead guilty to SDM. I don't think he would even be close to Williams when he was incarcerated. Williams is likely in an isolated section away from anyone that he can contact. So Brickman would not be a suspect in Kathleen's murder, so we're back to square one. ??? ??? ??? ???

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 20, 2010, 07:48:09 PM »
What should we call them, the three blind rats, they sure aren't mice. I think Williams is the clever type, he is not going to spill anything at this stage of the game. Maybe the murder of Sarah was not premeditated and that is why he agreed to plead to SDM. FDM is premeditated. He may know something, but I doubt it. I don't think Williams was in there long enough to give any info to him, it would surprise me if he did. I truly hope that something does come out of this investigation to point the finger at who killed Kathleen. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

aura1

« Reply #243 on: April 20, 2010, 08:33:14 PM »
Brickman is greasy.  Very little seems to stick.
I can almost guarantee that he is a snitch.
Have any of you spent much time with Brickman?
If you were, you might be on guard for you never know where your info would be going.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 20, 2010, 10:24:22 PM »
Did I read that right, Brinkman and Williams may be considered for the same crime? Why would they put Brinkman in a cell next to Williams if they may be connected to the same crime. Sounds like a recipe for disaster and the ability to come up with stories to create enough reasonable doubt. Doesn't sound like a good plan to me.

aura1

« Reply #245 on: April 21, 2010, 04:45:08 AM »
The detention centre is no that big.
Remember, the general though used to be that the area was safe.  There would be few chances that 3 murderers or more would be in that detention centre all at once.
The question is, why was Brickman in an area that sounds like protective custody if he wasn't a danger to himself or if he wasn't going to be in danger in the regular population?
The other thing is, is Brickman going to spend his next few years in a provincial or federal pen?  My brother always tried to get into a federal pen.  It was far too violent in other places.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 21, 2010, 06:46:01 AM »
Lets just hope that he isn't conveniently placed in an area to obtain information which will allow him more leniency in his future sentencing. I would rather we obtain the information from good police work than setting individuals up for reduced sentences.

amIam

« Reply #247 on: April 24, 2010, 05:38:58 PM »
I knew I had read this article that stated Williams was in Trenton when Kathleen was murdered but I couldn't find it.  And ya know where I found it? I found it on the Williams Timeline thread. All of Williams postings can be found on his thread and all the names of  women who were murdered ( cases unsolved) in every place he has ever been posted.   

And Kathleen's was one...

This article is courtesy of dilligent our member SAP. I only copied and pasted. Thank you SAP!

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/cars/Sidebar+Cold+Cases/2547411/story.html

Williams posted to Ottawa and CFB Trenton around the time that Kathleen MacVicar, 19, was slain at Trenton in 2001.

- Kathleen MacVicar, 19.

Kathleen MacVicar was seen for the last time leaving on foot from a friend's residence. Two days later, on June 15, 2001, her body was discovered on Canadian Forces Base Trenton in Ontario. MacVicar had been raped and stabbed.

amIam

« Reply #248 on: May 09, 2010, 01:55:40 PM »
I just checked the count of how many times people have viewed Kathleen's site.  Including mine, the tally is 9695 people.  Come June 13, 2010, Kathleen will have been dead ( stabbed) to death 9 years ago.  On an average this site has been viewed more than 9 times a year.

Trenton is not a very large town, Kathleen, who was the neice of a male member of CFB Trenton who (has since been posted  elsewhere) , was found stabbed to death, her remains sexually violated, ( ??) and her body relocated to the edge of Middleton Park.  The primary scene of her murder has never been ascertained.

So given that this beautiful young 19 yr old lady, from Glace Bay NS was brutally murdered here in Trenton and no one has been arrested as to date; and given that this site has been visited more than 1000 times a year, how can it be that this crime has not been solved??

Personally, I feel that someone out there has some critical piece of information and are afraid to tell the police.

amIam

« Reply #249 on: May 10, 2010, 09:27:30 AM »
Des, thanks, ( I had forgotten!) so viewed 3000 times a year and still no closure.   

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 14, 2010, 05:02:12 PM »
A testament that Kathleen MacVicar, matters. People care. And, her family needs some closure.

amIam

« Reply #251 on: May 14, 2010, 05:05:22 PM »
This is an article I stumbled upon, a few comments from Kathleen's mother, so sad.
-------------------------------------------------------

GLACE BAY - Colleen MacVicar has favourite memories of her daughter Kathleen, who was viciously murdered nearly nine years ago.
"She had tiny little hands and would put them on my shoulders," she recalled Tuesday.
"I remember the feel of that."
MacVicar said although the arrest of Col. Russell Williams, the base commander at CFB Trenton for two murders and two home invasions in the same area, does bring some hope for possible closure, the family is not getting their hopes up too high.
Williams has been charged in the murders of Jessica Lloyd, who went missing on Jan. 28 and whose body was found Monday, and the murder of Cpl. Marie-France Comeau, 38, who was killed in her home Nov. 25, as well as two counts of forcible confinement, break and enter, and sexual assault in relation to two home invasions in September.
In June 2001 Kathleen MacVicar, 19, was visiting her aunt and uncle at CFB Trenton, when she went missing. Three days later her body was found in a wooded section of the base. She had been stabbed multiple times and sexually assaulted. The case has never been solved.
"I have been here before, thinking we have resolved this in that respect, found the person we were looking for - someone to blame - but it has always fallen through," her mother said.
"Until the police tell me that without a shadow of a doubt that this is who they suspect killed Kathleen, then I am just going to wait and see. I am not getting my hopes up here."
Members of the Ontario Provincial Police contacted the MacVicar family Monday evening.
"The police told us they will be looking into it. They certainly haven't offered us any great hope, we are just waiting to see what is going on, to see if they can give us any information on whether he was even in Trenton at the time - they don't even know that yet.
"They just want us to be kept up in the loop."
MacVicar said it wasn't a heavily wooded area where her daughter was found, more like a thoroughfare.
"There was a street the school bus used and kids would be walking back and forth.
"She was probably 50 feet off the road, right where the grass ended and the woods would start. The guy who cuts the grass was actually the person who discovered her."
Every year, MacVicar travels to the area where her daughter's body was found.
"I go every year at the time she was missing. She went missing on the 13th and was found on the 15th. It is my personal thing, she was alone during that time so I want to be there," she said.
"It doesn't make much sense, but it makes sense to me as her mother."
MacVicar said she has a great relationship with the OPP, however the military has not been co-operative.
"They have been very unforthcoming and closed-mouthed. It makes you very suspicious."
Sgt. Kristine Rae, media relations for the OPP for the eastern region, said the MacVicar homicide has always been an open investigation.
"There has always been investigators assigned to the case. There is still a $50,000 reward posted on our website for information pertaining to that"
Rae said the investigation on Williams is currently focused on the four cases before the court - two homicides and two home invasions.
"Through that investigation we will be looking at other unsolved crimes and reviewing them to see if there are any similarities between those incidents and these ones. The MacVicar homicide hasn't been reviewed yet, but it definitely will be to see if there are any similarities."
She confirmed the cases are all in the same "geographical area."
2nd Lt. Vincent Bedard of CFB Trenton confirmed the Canadian Armed Forces is assisting with the OPP investigation.
When asked if the MacVicar murder was being looked at as part of the Williams case, he said information about all postings in Williams' career is being researched right now.
"That information will be released soon for investigation purposes."
Desiree Vassallo, spokesperson with the Cape Breton Regional Police Service, said at this point they have not received any contact from the OPP regarding the murder of MacVicar.
After MacVicar's death they only played a minimal role, she added.
"We liasoned between the OPP and the family, we helped them in meeting the family locally."
After the murder there was an outpouring of support from the community. Staff at the McKeen Street Tim Hortons outlet in Glace Bay where MacVicar had worked planted an oak tree and laid a plaque in her memory at Two Rivers Wildlife Park.

smontgomery@cbpost.com
http://www.capebretonpost.com/News/Justice/2010-02-10/article-837066/Police-looking-into-MacVicar-murder-for-links-to-arrested-base-commander/1

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 14, 2010, 05:22:41 PM »
Colleen sounds like a lovely person, even through grief, and a beautifully caring mother. I'm glad the OPP are keeping in touch with her. Even if RW is ruled out, that team that caught RW may have the skills and the ability to find some closure. That is more hope than this case has seen in a while. I wish them well. .... More energy drinks to the OPP, keep that tenacity going!

amIam

« Reply #253 on: May 14, 2010, 06:23:45 PM »
Concerned, I can't begin to imagine the pain and grief Colleen has felt over the years. And still no answers.  Let us hope with the revelation that RW was Trenton during the time of Kathleen's murder, this case will be resolved. 

"MacVicar said she has a great relationship with the OPP, however the military has not been co-operative."

I find it difficult to understand why the military have not been cooperative with Colleen MacVicar...I wonder to what degree? One would think, given this sweet girl was actually staying at the base with her Uncle ( and Aunt) who is a military person and her remains were found on military property, the military would be bending over backwards to help. Not be uncooperative.  :-\

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 14, 2010, 07:41:57 PM »
Wonder if the military was uncooperative during RW reign, and if the tides have turned?