Author Topic: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West  (Read 180218 times)

aura1

Re: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West
« Reply #210 on: April 13, 2010, 03:12:40 PM »
hey lost,
would there be any back files, or back posts one could access now?

On another note, I have worked with other east coasters on missing persons cases and I have to say, if you want to cover something up, you'ld better make sure it is a life time effort because you east coasters never seem to give up or forget.  I think I might be an east coaster at heart.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 13, 2010, 04:20:57 PM »
.....lol aura; and I guess I'm one of the one's that never gives up.  ....by the way, Eastcoasters don't forget anything.... they just clam up, unless they have an interest in whatever it is.  They look out for #1 if there danger or contraversy envolved.... except the ones like me and Maureen, who never shut up.
You could google Capers Corner and join that.  ....also you could do a search for Maritime Chat Rooms; that might bring you a source to bring up this subject on, and get some feedback.

amIam

« Reply #212 on: April 13, 2010, 06:13:41 PM »
Aura1, I have to go back and recap a few of a comments from other posters here..way, way back..

Someone posted, they were with Kathleen at the home on Cresswell Dr.  It was a gathering and NOT a party.  The person left, offered Kathleen a drive home to her uncle's place on the base but Kathleen wasn't ready to leave just then.

Cresswell Dr., is somewhat of a long street, I have no idea of the house number of the gathering.  But a poster commented it would take only 20 mins to walk from the address to the base.  I disagreed as there is NO way..this is a long trek.

A poster mentioned, a video camera at a jewellery store caught her on camera, walking eastward and alone.  At the time of Kathleen's murder there were 3 jewellery stores in downtown Trenton..which one??  Of the video, I never heard  a word in the papers.

And the local paper is another thing.  The Trentonian was not online at the time of Kathleen's murder.  However, the local library assured me they have ALL issues, from  the date the paper first published..1868.  I booked a date to view the papers from the time Kathleen's body was found and to the library attendent's great surprise, the microfilm is not there.  She was very puzzled as the film must be signed out and checked back in..however, ( stated) no one has asked to view this for years..SO it could have been lost when the library moved....geez.

The local police investigation into Kathleen's murder was a comedy of errors, they were in way over their heads, and with Kathleen's body being found on military property compounded the issue.  The scene was compromised from the beginning and this I know personally. Finally after a number of days, the OPP were brought in.  ( You know how it used to be here)

The theater and Rolfs jewellery store has me puzzled..why do you think there?  Ameliaburg has me puzzled also? Kathleen was not a partier, or so some posters who knew her have said.  The person you have mentioned; was he driving cab at the time of Kathleen's murder and was he working at Stream as well?

Oh..BTW, Lost and Cape..I'm a Maritimer also, Trinity Bay, NF and St. Martins, NB..lol

If we take a look at Creswell Drive, it joins onto Dundas about two blocks east of the Jewelry store.  If she were walking home to the base, would she have not more likely walked Creswell drive down past the A&P and the Tim Hortons by the bridge?  Why did she go out of her way to walk up to the Hwy 2 (Dundas Street)?  Another detail is that the Jewelry store is close/beside/across the street from the Movie Theater.  It is a long haul to walk to the base from there.  This is why my preminition that she met a date that night after her friends left her.  I think she was meeting someone for a date that night and the place to meet her date was somewhere around the movie theater.  Later that night, after a party she was taken by someone and killed.  This is why the Ameliasburg Ward could make sense.  A 19 year old woman in her right mind would not turn down a ride from the movie theater to the base unless she had other plans.  I feel that the answers to her disappearance may be found by trying to think of anyone she may have been meeting that night.  My understanding is that the man accused of murdering a woman found on the mountain in Trenton was residing just blocks from where Kathleen was last seen and that he was charged for assault of at least one other murder and was connected to the death of two other people (when they were 19 years old also) after they were at a pitparty in or near Ameliasburg township and niether of them were from Trenton (one-5 minutes east of the base and one ten minutes north of the base).

LanesEnd

« Reply #213 on: April 14, 2010, 01:17:01 AM »
I find it interesting that this particular microfilm is missing.  One must wonder if it actually was lost when the library moved or if there is a more sinister explanation.

amIam

« Reply #214 on: April 14, 2010, 08:39:46 AM »
LanesEnd, nothing would surprise me any longer....

Very little was ever published about the murder in the Trentonian newspaper. I only wanted to re-read what was reported, make copies and retype them on this thread.

Belleville, a short distance from Trenton has an excellent library.  When I can find the time, I intend to do a search of the Belleville Intelligencer archives.   

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 14, 2010, 11:44:17 AM »
I smell a cover-up .... reason for it, I don't know.  Was the bungled investigation really just that .... or was it, as in the Clayton Miller case - a deliberate cover-up.
In this case, the cover-up could be to call attention away from the sloppy, inept police work .... how can we be sure?
How could the police be so "on the ball" in the Russell Willaims case? 
Is it the same police; if it is, they couldn't have accidently dropped the ball in Kathleens investigation.
I can't help but wonder if Kathleen's death isn't tied to somebody with some kind of inflence or protection.  The other alternative was she didn't qualify as worthy of getting justice (for some reason).  ....as in, she was considered an out-of-towner; and sometimes things happen to strangers and police can't waste too much time on these things, because they have little knowledge of the person and their life.  just thinking out loud folks.....

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 14, 2010, 11:57:34 AM »
I would (in my perfect world) have thought that since Kathleen's body was found on base property, and Kathleen was from another province...the authorities would want fast answers..and just the opposite happened....I also, am suspicious of the goings on with this case. ;)

amIam

« Reply #217 on: April 14, 2010, 04:05:13 PM »
I wish I could find some links to post regarding Kathleen's murder.  The case is so very old and cold and at the time there was little in local the paper and it was not online .The most I have ever learned about this case is from the local posters here, those who knew her, etc.  I have another side to the case as I know a few people who were involved with the investigation but long after Kathleen's murder.

The header for this case is confusing to those who are unware what or where is " Quinte West" .  It is a city that was formally named Trenton, the home of CFB Trenton.  "Quinte West" encompasses a number of smaller communities through almagamation a number of years ago.

At the time of Kathleen's murder, we had our own tiny police force. These were the ones who responded to the call..but Kathleen's body was found in Middleton park... military property......but recently opened to the public.    ( A military poster, clued me in that the park had public access....I was unaware!) Perhaps the local police weren't either..as jurisdiction was finally ironed out.  And the local police were in over their heads...days later the OPP Forensics unit was brought in...too late.

(The Trenton Police force is no more, the police chief was fired a few years later, the lead investigator of Kathleen's murder was found to be unqualified for his position and demoted. A few others, whose names I cannot mention were investigated for bribery, ticket fixing, etc.  A female civilian employee was charged and convicted of theft within the department. There was much going on in the former Trenton police force)

And the town was an old boys club, right down to the newspaper baron and the former mayor and many council members, with the base being heavily involved with much goings on within the community.  The town is cleaned up now..at least with regard to the police, we now have the OPP and they are the ones that caught Williams.

Kathleen MacVicar was from Glace Bay, NS but here visiting and staying with her uncle who lived on base. I am no certain if her uncle was a military person or a former military person who is employed by the military in some function.  I am unaware if he still lives here.

I would think, since Kathleen was visiting and staying on the base, there would have been an internal investigation into her murder.  The local police had/have no suspects..but perhaps the military did..and perhaps a better suspect since Williams arrest.

Was there a cover-up?  This case stinks to high heaven.   

I smell a cover-up .... reason for it, I don't know.  Was the bungled investigation really just that .... or was it, as in the Clayton Miller case - a deliberate cover-up.
In this case, the cover-up could be to call attention away from the sloppy, inept police work .... how can we be sure?
How could the police be so "on the ball" in the Russell Willaims case? 
Is it the same police; if it is, they couldn't have accidently dropped the ball in Kathleens investigation.
I can't help but wonder if Kathleen's death isn't tied to somebody with some kind of inflence or protection.  The other alternative was she didn't qualify as worthy of getting justice (for some reason).  ....as in, she was considered an out-of-towner; and sometimes things happen to strangers and police can't waste too much time on these things, because they have little knowledge of the person and their life.  just thinking out loud folks.....

aura1

« Reply #218 on: April 14, 2010, 04:49:29 PM »
I am unsure if the guy I mention was working at Stream at the time but I know he was driving cab after having two dead people in back seat and getting in an alcohol related accident (at the time I don't know).

That accident had huge coverups at the heart of police force (even the investigating officer had an affair with the mother of one of the people who were killed and the mother carried on a questionable relationship with the man driving the car).

Why the theater beside the jewlry store, because in a premonition I see her getting into the back seat a deep blue car larger sedan.  the man driving had dark brown/black hair and drove west.

Why do I mention Ameliasburg ward...I dowsed the area for the place of Kathleen's death and to my surprise it was south of the bay.  I followed it further to a specific piece of property which again had the small lake my premonition included as she helplessly looked out the driver's side window at it.

I have a strong feeling that the person or persons invloved are very nervous now that conversations about her death have been resurected.

Another Trentonian

« Reply #219 on: April 14, 2010, 08:56:20 PM »
She was living with her aunt and uncle.  The uncle was military.   And they were posted after the murder -- I am not sure how long after it was though.  This is confirmed by her cousin, on either the 2nd or 3rd page of this thread. 

I am Kathleen's Cousin, she lived with me before she had moved to Ontario & I was 14 at the time. This is the first time i have ever read these and its nice to know others care. the people looking after the cross are not family! our family that lived on that base had been transferred elsewhere. So if u ever meet these kind people tell them thank you from me please. Kathleen was the best kinda person and I pray that one day we don't have to sit and wonder who did this. Anyways just wanted to say thank you to everyone commenting on this. its July 30Th right now and the last post was yesterday. its hard to believe all this time has gone by. Thanks Everyone!

http://capebretonpost.com/index.cfm?sid=273652&sc=145

I seen this is this is why i googled her name and came across this site, made me sit and wonder

amIam

« Reply #220 on: April 15, 2010, 04:07:06 PM »
Aura1,    so you have a hunch the man in the blue sedan was the man you mentioned before???  But why kill Kathleen there and bring her body back to Trenton and place it on the base? Why not just leave her somewhere in Ameliasburg ward?

It has been said here that Kathleen's body had been moved..I wish I could verify this statement and a few others.

I'm happy to hear someone else besides myself is aware of how the former Trenton Police Force covered up. You have to be a resident here and in touch with ...reality  ;) to understand.

I feel so badly for Kathleen's family.  No answers, no arrests after nearly nine years.  It doesn't make sense..or does it?

Even with your premonitions and dousing, I still think Kathleen was murdered by someone on base. And Williams was posted in Ottawa in 2001 but spent time at the base in Trenton.  What for?  But it was mentioned in the media and posted on one of the Williams threads.   

I am unsure if the guy I mention was working at Stream at the time but I know he was driving cab after having two dead people in back seat and getting in an alcohol related accident (at the time I don't know).

That accident had huge coverups at the heart of police force (even the investigating officer had an affair with the mother of one of the people who were killed and the mother carried on a questionable relationship with the man driving the car).

Why the theater beside the jewlry store, because in a premonition I see her getting into the back seat a deep blue car larger sedan.  the man driving had dark brown/black hair and drove west.

Why do I mention Ameliasburg ward...I dowsed the area for the place of Kathleen's death and to my surprise it was south of the bay.  I followed it further to a specific piece of property which again had the small lake my premonition included as she helplessly looked out the driver's side window at it.

I have a strong feeling that the person or persons invloved are very nervous now that conversations about her death have been resurected.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 15, 2010, 07:11:38 PM »
McKeem, glad you found this site. We have been speaking about Kathleen for a long time on here and we haven't and will not forget her. We want her murder solved. ??? ??? ???

Another Trentonian

« Reply #222 on: April 15, 2010, 07:17:33 PM »
Robert Brickman has pleaded guilty to the murder of Sarah Martin. 

http://www.trentonian.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2536180

He worked with her at Teletech.  Did he work at Stream when Kathleen Macvicar worked there?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 15, 2010, 07:21:42 PM »
Suzanne, I just wonder that also. But they must have questioned him on Kathleen's murder, I believe they would have. I did not even recall that murder and did not know the trial was going on. Well at least that crime has been solved and the family can have some peace. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Another Trentonian

« Reply #224 on: April 15, 2010, 07:59:32 PM »
There was reference to Sarah Martin and Robert Brickman on here a couple of times.  They didn't get to a trial.  He pleaded guilty before that happened.  You are right.... you would think they would check out whether he could have been involved in Kathleen's murder, wouldn't they???