Author Topic: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West  (Read 180223 times)

amIam

Re: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West
« Reply #180 on: April 03, 2010, 05:43:14 PM »
Jobo, I wish I could locate the article regarding Kathleen's body being moved. I cannot remember where I read it but I know it was years ago.

However, the link below states, as well as Williams homes in Tweed and Ottawa, he also has one here in Trenton.  And this information was given by Larry Jones, Williams next door neighbour, this man was the original  suspect, in the sexual assaults of the two women neighbours.

I would imagine, Larry Jones knows of which he speaks regarding Williams owning a home in Trenton, he knew the guy, lots of neighbours did. 

But where IS this home in Trenton? I haven't heard a word regarding a search.  The ONLY reference to Williams having a place in Trenton, was from TinaS, a member.  She said, relatives are living in the home, which is on base.

The story is below... http://www.montrealgazette.com/Colonel+faces+murder+charges/2536787/story.html

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 03, 2010, 06:59:42 PM »
I do not mean to be a smart ass, but I am wondering, do you two think you might have perceived something not right with Williams?  He was pretty professional, and private.

amIam

« Reply #182 on: April 03, 2010, 07:22:01 PM »
Jobo..which two are you directing your post toward?

I do not mean to be a smart ass, but I am wondering, do you two think you might have perceived something not right with Williams?  He was pretty professional, and private.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 03, 2010, 07:27:38 PM »
sorry, I meant you, amIam and capeheart.  I know you have never met Williams, but based on what we all have seen of him, what do you think?  Would you feel leary of him, or just automatically trust and respect him because of his rank?

amIam

« Reply #184 on: April 03, 2010, 08:10:11 PM »
Jobo, I am a civilian resident of Trenton.  I am just an ordinary retired stiff with no connection to the military. There are many military personelle I come across on a daily basis.  I assume they are military as they are in military uniform.

I was unaware I had run across Williams until after his arrest and I recognized his picture.  I had seen him numerous times, we banked at the same bank, once while in line up he was behind me and stepped ahead, asking if I minded... just prior to Christmas past, I was in a Trenton jewellery store to make a purchase, Williams walked in and the sales person just deserted me on the spot hell bent on tending to Williams.  I walked out.

From both these instances and not knowing WHO he was as I didn't care..he was just another military person with the usual attitude.  But, in retrospect, it was his eyes..he made eye contact with me on both occasions but he didn't look at me, he looked through me..know what I mean? 

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 04, 2010, 07:18:12 AM »
Yes, I do know what you mean.  His eyes.  They say the eyes are the window to the soul....

amIam

« Reply #186 on: April 04, 2010, 03:37:39 PM »
His eyes are devoid of a soul.  In retrospect, I wish I had paid more attention to him.  I didn't get my usual bad vibe feeling about him..probably due in the most part to his arrogance and my resulting anger. 

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 06, 2010, 05:55:36 PM »
Jobo, no, I would not trust him because of his rank and his position in the military. I worked in a place where there were all kinds of persons who were high profile positions and because of their positions, I did not trust them because of their high education and their status. My perception and feelings about people helped me in many ways throughout my life. And ranks and education has nothing to do with it, if the evil is there, it is there.  It is like a vibe or a gut feeling you have about someone and if you have that feeling, follow it, because there is a reason that you have that feeling. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

amIam

« Reply #188 on: April 07, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »
Cape, having been involved over the years with persons of power, rank and (what they perceived to have) a higher level of intelligence, I learned quickly not to trust.
The gut instinct, or sixth sense I have toward certain people is I agree a totally different thing.  There's something about them that seems to emanate but others seem unaware.

amIam

« Reply #189 on: April 07, 2010, 04:59:53 PM »
I came across this article awhile back, OPP believed at the time, Kathleen's murder was committed by the same man who attacked a woman in London, ON in 2001.

I searched the London papers but found nothing UNTIL I went to the London Police website.  BINGO

I posted them both together, hope it's not too confusing!

Police to probe MacVicar case
Posted By QMI AGENCY
Posted 1 month ago

Investigators will look into the unsolved murder of Kathleen MacVicar as they probe cases that may have intersected with the life of the man now accused of two murders near CFB Trenton.

Police said on Monday they will be investigating any connection to the 19-year-old's brutal murder in June 2001. The Nova Scotia teen was found in Middleton Park, a housing development inside CFB Trenton. MacVicar was staying with family at CFB Trenton when she disappeared June 13, 2001. Two days later her body was found in a wooded corner of the base. She had been raped and stabbed to death.

A year after MacVicar was found, police announced a $50,000 reward for information leading to the conviction of her killer. At the time, police said they believed the killer might be the same person who attacked a London, Ont., woman that same year. The woman survived the knife-point attack.

A task force from both London and Belleville said at the time they were looking for a man in his 20s or 30s, with a history of violence toward women.

Article ID# 2441006

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2441006http://www.police.london.ca/d.aspx?s=/Newsroom/Unsolved_Crimes/ProjectShadow.htm

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 07, 2010, 05:30:15 PM »
Am, thanx for posting that report. I do remember that the police kind of thought these cases might be connected, because of the knife attack. It is possibly the same individual that has committed these crimes. The other woman was very lucky to survive. This had to be a planned attack, because the person was carrying a knife. The profile of the killer is very helpful, if anyone can go back in time and think of someone they may know that would be capable or would fit the profile. If anyone has the slightest feeling that they know someone that could have committed this crime, they should contact the police. Hopefully they will get the monster that did this to Kathleen. 8) 8) 8) 8)

amIam

« Reply #191 on: April 07, 2010, 06:02:06 PM »
Cape, I posted this information in fairness and to point out that at the time of Kathleen's murder, there was no mention by the police of any military person  being involved in her murder.  Four months later a similar attack occurs in London..but wrong time of day and yes, thankfully the woman survived. 

But that was then and this is now, for the police are now looking at Williams.  Or maybe they are having thoughts of others at CFB Trenton.....   

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 07, 2010, 06:08:45 PM »
As long as they keep investigating and keep this case out there, maybe it will be solved.  8) 8) 8) 8)

amIam

« Reply #193 on: April 07, 2010, 06:18:17 PM »
Cape, yes, if anything, these horrible crimes Williams committed has at the very least, rekindled an interest in Kathleen's murder and generated a new lead (s) 

amIam

« Reply #194 on: April 09, 2010, 04:05:12 PM »
It's been so very long since Kathleen was murdered that it difficult to find anything, however, I found this article.  Within the article it states Kathleen was sexually violated..this is the very first media confirmation I have been able to obtain that confirms what was told to me by a source close to the investigation.

Kathleen's mother, even Coleen feels it was someone on the base that killed her daughter.

For almost nine years, Colleen MacVicar has been waiting for her phone to ring.

"Every day we think about who killed Kathleen," she said Monday from her Glace Bay, N.S. home. "We are wondering all the time."

The phone rang, but it was not the police.

"We were told by family that there was something going on in Trenton," she said in an interview. "Needless to say we are monitoring it."

In June 2001, the 19-year-old, visiting her aunt and uncle at CFB Trenton, was found stabbed and sexually violated in a wooded section of the base. The case has never been solved.

"Devastating," said Colleen of Monday's developments.

"I felt sick to my stomach. We have always felt it was somebody on the base who had done this and had always hoped it would one day be solved."

Perhaps the arrest of CFB Trenton's commanding officer, she said, is a step toward that.

OPP Commissioner Julian Fantino said Monday that every aspect of connections between the suspect in custody and the slain Kathleen will be explored.

Calling the allegations against Col. Russ Williams "disturbing," Fantino said the OPP, Belleville Police and military investigators will work to get to the bottom of this.

"We are anxious to hear what those results will be," said Colleen.

Advertisement

"What happened (Monday) is like reliving that death all over again and we will help police in any way we can."

Article ID# 2442271
http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2442271