Author Topic: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West  (Read 180229 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Re: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West
« Reply #150 on: March 20, 2010, 07:37:22 AM »
Thanks, Trentonian, for posting that link on your post, regarding the murders of Marie France Comeau and Jessica Lloyd.

amIam

« Reply #151 on: March 20, 2010, 05:02:29 PM »
My apologies Cape.

Lost, below is an interview given by one of Williams victims.  In the article she states he had a knife.

As for my comment regarding the information provided to me re: Marie France Comeau's stabbing 31 times by one of the Brighton firefighters who responded to the murder scene.  I stand behind that statement..he also said she was tied to a chair.  Marie Comeau's actual

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 20, 2010, 05:37:20 PM »
yes amIam;  I've come to realize.... Williams did use a knife in his crimes.  Nonetheless;  Kathleen's murder seems different for some reason.... just something in my gut I guess.  I figured Williams when he first came to light - then somehow, I just lost sight of him for Kathleen's murder.  ...though it's sad to think there's another Williams out there, so close, and on the loose??? -better if it turned out it was him.

amIam

« Reply #153 on: March 20, 2010, 06:13:04 PM »
Jobo, sorry.  I think perhaps Kathleen's murder is getting to me. Perhaps I know more than I should about a few details of the actual crime scene that were related to me by the police.  The fact that the investigation into her murder was bungled so very badly in the first few days has always troubled me.  However, the bungling will never be made public.

I should have started a personal file of news reports regarding Williams when he was arrested..I didn't do this.  Case in point, it was initally reported he owned 3 homes but the police only searched 2..where was the 3rd?  I asked that question here somewhere and a poster responded that his/her relative, rents his property on the base.

There was a media report that during the time of Kathleen's murder, Williams was stationed in both Ottawa and Trenton..but I can't find that either however I believe I posted that link on one of the many sites.

And then there was a poster on this site that stated they had heard Kathleen had been murdered elsewhere and her body placed where she was discovered. ( I have not been able to confirm this statement)  However, in a way this makes a bit of sense as she had lain there for a few days, in a DND area confirmed here by another poster, connected to the military as being open to the public. Why didn't one of the many members of the public who took advantage of the area discover her body sooner.  Perhaps she wasn't there all that time she was missing...?

A recented poster here comment that Kathleen had not been raped as has been stated a few times.  The OPP webpage states she was sexually assaulted but in what manner they haven't disclosed.

Does some local civilian have knowlege of Kathleen's murder, know someone who perhaps slipped up and said something after nearly 9 years?  To me, the $75,000.00 reward would be a great motivator in a town that is so economically depressed..that is unless you are employed by the military in some capacity.  $75,000.00 can by an awful lot of crack.  And yet to date there has been no takers.    

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 20, 2010, 06:59:17 PM »
I do believe I remember the story in the news that the two young  women being raped and strangled. As far as I understand there was no mention of a knife. But there have been other murders in the area besides Kathleen's that were victims of other methods. I think that when the investigation started related to Kathleen that it got off on the wrong road and somehow got derailed. They always say that the first 72 hours into the investigation are paramount in solving the crime. I believe the officers have to start from scratch and go over every piece of information and interview everyone they interviewed the first time. Go back to square one and do it all over again, that is what they have to do.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2010, 07:22:45 PM »
AmIam, I feel bad for your pain and frustration, regarding Kathleen's uncolved murder.  I understand now that I have joined this group, how many murdered/missing unsolved cases there are.  There is also many unidentified remains.  Too many unanswered questions.  That is incredibly sad, and frustrating.  So many stories of bungled police work, and contaminated scenes, and searches ended too soon. There is too many perps, some known to the victims families, walking around free, possibly /probably to strike again.  It is especially sad when Kathleen a young girl, full of life, visiting from a different province, gets brutally murdered.  And no one has come up with solid clues in nine years now.  Capeheart, I agree, they should go back to square one, and re-interview people living around there, and friends and associates.  People change, circumstances change, and the reward money doesn't hurt.  Someone they come across, may be more willing to talk.  Someone knows something.     

Another Trentonian

« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2010, 08:36:17 PM »
I should have started a personal file of news reports regarding Williams when he was arrested..I didn't do this.  Case in point, it was initally reported he owned 3 homes but the police only searched 2..where was the 3rd?  I asked that question here somewhere and a poster responded that his/her relative, rents his property on the base.   

I am not sure what this means that another poster's relative rents his property on the base.  Did you mean they rented the Base Commander's property?  Do you mean the former Base Commander's house, which has not been occupied by the Base Commander of the day for many years?

If Williams was posted to Trenton and his wife stayed in Ottawa, his posting would be with an imposed restriction (IR).  This would mean that he would be entitled to lodgings on the base.  Maybe this is what they meant when they referred to his home on the base.  Since he had a cottage/home in Tweed, that might have been considered his IR lodgings, but I doubt it.  However, I also believe that there is a Base Commander's suite at the Officers' Mess but I don't know if he would actually stay there or not or if it is only used during official functions.

Another Trentonian

« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2010, 08:47:01 PM »
Okay, I did a search and I found it.  

Yes, the home in Trenton is being lived in by my nieces best friend and her family. Sorry, all I can say is its on the base. Very touchy situation for their family right now too. That information just came to my attention yesterday afternoon from the parent themself.

All residences on military bases are federal property.  Military members do not own them.  They rent them.  If Tina is referring to what used to be the designated Base Commander's house, Williams never lived in it.  It was never his house.  So I don't know why it would be a touchy situation for the family.  

« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 09:54:46 PM by Another Trentonian »

amIam

« Reply #158 on: March 21, 2010, 05:35:11 PM »
 Trentonian, It has been reported that Williams was posted in both Ottawa and Trenton during the time of Kathleen's murder..he was working in both locations.  At what capacity, I have no idea.. you would be the better one to determine this and fill us in.

At the time of Kathleen's murder, Williams was NOT the designated Base Commander. 

Perhaps the report Williams "owned" a home on the base is media error???  Perhaps he rented during the time period of Kathleen's murder?

All residences on military bases are federal property.  Military members do not own them.  They rent them.  If Tina is referring to what used to be the designated Base Commander's house, Williams never lived in it.  It was never his house.  So I don't know why it would be a touchy situation for the family.

Obviously Williams was again, NOT the base commander when Kathleen was murdered so why would he be living in the Base Commander's house??? But there are other homes that as you have made clear are owned by feds but rented by military people.  Perhaps TinaS is aware Williams rented one of these homes and perhaps, just perhaps, the relatives are uncomfortable with this knowledge?? I certainly would be.

Just speculation on my part, but IF Williams had rented a property on base during the time of Kathleen's murder, ANd if it is true Kathleen's was killed elsewhere, well there ya go.  Killers don't usually dump bodies close to home but in the case of Jessica Lloyd, her body was found close to Williams home in Tweed.  And he hunted down, raped and terriorized two of his neighbours in Tweed and one he waved to after the assault.  Oh yes..and as he was the base commander ay 8 Wing, Trenton, he approved the air search for Jessica...

Another Trentonian

« Reply #159 on: March 21, 2010, 07:03:35 PM »
I haven't seen anything that said that he was posted in Trenton during the time of Kathleen's murder.  His biography says that he was a Career Manager in Ottawa from 1999 to 2003.  I have never heard of anyone being posted two places at once, except when you go on deployment.  Even then, I don't think it a deployment is considered a posting.  As a Career Manager he would have travelled to bases where there are pilots. 

I misunderstood what was quoted about the house then, as all I found was a quote of the comment.  Not sure where the comment actually originated.  I thought it was saying that he owned a house now and they were renting it from him.  However, it would be a media error if it stated he owned a house on the base.  Nobody owns houses on the base.  They are all rented out.  If he occupied a house on the base during Kathleen's murder then it would have been rented.  He could have owned one off the base.  I am wondering though, as I heard a report his wife had worked for the Heart & Stroke for 20 years.  So if she was working for them in Ottawa, then why would he rent a house here on the base?  If she didn't accompany him, then he would most likely live in imposed restriction accommodations.  That is if he lived here in 2001.  I only have seen that he was living here from 2004 to 2006.

He might not necessarily approve the search and rescue mission.  I cannot say for sure as I do not know who exactly approves the Search and Rescue missions -- the CO of 424 Sqn, the Operations Officer or the Base Commander.  I guess it depends on the circumstances.  I would think that the CO of 424 would have some power to authorize a search if requested by the OPP.  But that is just my feelings.

amIam

« Reply #160 on: March 22, 2010, 05:19:59 PM »
Somewhere in this mirade of posts and threads there is a news link posted that states Williams WAS in Trenton during the time of Kathleen's murder.  The article goes on to say he was posted in Ottawa but spent time here as well, and during that particular time frame.  Williams, from what I have read was never deployed, so thank Canada's lucky stars, his victims and their families,  he won't be able to claim PTSD.  The nearest he came to the Middle East was Camp Mirage, this information is here ( or somewhere) as well...

I wondered myself how he could be based in both Trenton & Ottawa but now it's clear.  Trenton has the largest air base in Canada.  This guy loved to fly and it has been reported that even as a Colonel, he flew aircraft.  Perhaps as Career Manager he did a little training with some of the other pilots??

Regarding the rented property on base.  TinaS, wrote in response to a question I posed as I had heard Williams had three homes.  I am unable to find my comment..perhaps it became lost when threads appeared. Regardless, TinaS, states that relatives now occupy Williams house on base. So I gather it was a rented property..how many people have lived there since Williams, I have no idea.  Perhaps her relatives have learned he was an occupant...at one time....

Williams wife, Mary Elizabeth Harriman,... it has been reported she is high up in the Heart and Stroke Foundation, in Ottawa.  When and how long she has held this position in Ottawa, has never been mentioned. Prior to becoming base commander, they owned a home in Ottawa.  Bought the infamous cottage in Tweed, where either Williams commuted on weekends to Ottawa or his wife would join him at "cottage"  Williams and "Mary Beth" as he called her were often seen walking hand and hand at the cottage.  This information, is also posted here or somewhere in an interview given by Larry Jones, Williams next door neighbour, who was originally accused of the sexually assaults and forcible confinement of Williams two neighbours

Williams and Mary Beth, owned a home in Ottawa..Orleans, I believe and were in the process of buliding a new dream home when he was arrested at that location and taken into custody. 

So given he has been charged with his most recent crimes and given it has been determined he was spending time in Trenton during the time of Kathleen's murder..and rented an on base property and given that everywhere he has been posted, young women have been found murdered near military bases..not to mention the ones who have gone missing over the years or found murdered in close proximity of his parents home in Toronto.  The police across Canada have a very long investigation.

But hopefully after Williams' trial for the murders and sexual assaults in and around the Trenton area, the next charge will be for Kathleen MacVicars murder.  Only time will tell but I imagine the most current charges and trial will take years to come to fruition.

amIam

« Reply #161 on: March 29, 2010, 04:05:20 PM »
Hey Suzanne, for a moment there I was a little confused until I realised you changed your screen name from " Another Trentonian"

Another Trentonian

« Reply #162 on: March 29, 2010, 08:41:03 PM »
Yup, decided to change it in honour of my aunt who passed away recently at the age of 90.   She had a good long life and judging from the people attending her memorial service, and many children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.

Sorry to confuse you.

amIam

« Reply #163 on: March 30, 2010, 04:12:57 PM »
Suzanne, the confusion was brief, no apology required. ;)

Yes, 90 years is  a wonderfully long life.  I always admire the elderly, they have seen so much in their years and have so many words of wisdom.  They have so much to share, if only the younger people would listen. No camouflage with the elderly, that's for a certainty!

I gather from the words of your post you weren't close.   

Another Trentonian

« Reply #164 on: March 30, 2010, 08:24:18 PM »
Language differences, a generational difference of 20 years from the oldest to the youngest, added to the fact that military life caused us to move all over the country and not see family regularly, made it difficult to be close to a large number of family members.  However she did leave a great legacy.