Author Topic: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West  (Read 180243 times)

Sleuth

Re: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2010, 07:45:17 PM »
Could every one please be tolerant of others opinion's. And please don't call one another names, there is no need for it. We all realize it is an emotional time for those involved and close to the families and Military. For the new poster's please have a little respect for those who do know what they are talking about. New poster's may be upset by what is being posted but different views and insight is what this board is all about. A one time nasty post and run is not nice.

Militarybrat

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2010, 08:32:33 PM »
Yes people are very emotional right now.  We in Trenton have lived with this a long time.  We all hoped and prayed that Kathleen's murderer would be found and brought to justice.  She has never been forgotten.  Nor, will she ever be.  I know I put my recycling out the night she was murdered and I kept thinking maybe she walked by me (as I live close to Creswell Drive).  I have prayed many nights for her family.  We are all waiting to hear, if the MONSTER, is the one responsible for her death. 
I know that it was not the Military police that investigated her murder. There was a special task force set up by the then, Trenton Police (now Quinte West OPP).  Alot of local businesses contributed to a Reward Fund for any information leading to the arrest, however, it was never claimed.  Maybe and hopefully this horrific murder will now be solved.
It will not bring anyone joy, but maybe a little peace of mind, and some closure for Kathleen's family and friends. 

Alex

« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2010, 09:00:40 PM »
"capeheart":

Alex, what we are trying to say in just a few words is: not enough was done to solve Kathleen's murder, because it happened on a military property.

And what I am trying to say in just a few words is:

You are full of crap.

You're making malicious accusations based on ignorance and paranoia.  You've yet to offer any actual evidence of your claims.

Belleville is a small city, I've been there and have relatives living there.

Quinte West is the 39th largest metropolitan area in Canada.  Belleville is the 95th largest city.  With a population of 48,821 (91,518 in the metropolitan area), it's hardly small.

So when you say we are speculating and exaggerating, we are not.

Then provide some evidence to back up your assertions.

And using profanity and being lippy is not going to get you anywhere here. We are releasing our feelings about what has happened.

That's a cute way of admitting that you're making things up.  I don't care what your "feelings" are - criminal investigations are solved by hard work and research, and convictions are made based on irrefutable evidence.  Feelings don't have anything to do with it.

Also, I don't think the word "profanity" or the phrase "being lippy" mean what you think they mean.

"Sleuth":

Could every one please be tolerant of others opinion's.

No.

There is absolutely no reason why anyone should "be tolerant" of the opinion that the military is a gang of rapists and murderers who oppress the civilian populace and cover up each others crimes.  Such an opinion is asinine, and deserves only derision and ridicule.  It is foolish beyond beliefs for you to ask me to be tolerant of an intolerant opinion.

For the new poster's please have a little respect for those who do know what they are talking about.

On that, we can completely agree.  I'll let you know as soon as I see one.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2010, 09:29:12 PM »

Please try to remember that this thread is for Kathleen MacVicar. It is important to stay focused on her.   There is room here for everyone to respectfully express their opinions, but don't see that arguing is productive. This is an emotional time for ALL involved. Perhaps we can show tolerance for each other whether we agree or not.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2010, 09:57:34 PM »
Nobody on here has stated that the military is a bunch of rapeists  and murderers, that is your quote.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 09:59:37 PM by capeheart »

Militarybrat

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2010, 11:29:38 PM »
This is from the Toronto Sun, Wed. Feb. 10/10
OPP to reopen 2001 case

Family members are holding their breath as the OPP announced Tuesday they'll  again probe the death of Kathleen MacVicar.
"We are not getting our hopes up, but we are pleased that it is happening." Colleen MacVicar, mother of the murdered 19 year old, said from her home in Glace Bay, N.S. MacVicar said the news was confirmed Tuesday when she received a phone call from a high ranking OPP official.  "He told me that there is a lot of work to do, but he wanted us to know that they will be searching for links," she said.

unforgiveable

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2010, 09:51:58 AM »
I am soo tired of hearing people say she was leaving a party that night.  It was a Wednesday night and NO we weren't partying, I was present, there was no party we were simply relaxing at my relatives residence... We offered her a ride home and she stated she was going to leave later than us.  There was no alchool involved just simply laughs and a lot of them!  Kathleen was one of the funniest people I've met in my life and I do not want her to have a party person reputation, she was much more than that!

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2010, 11:23:38 AM »
Unforgiveable, we did not hear that she was at a party. We understood she was just visiting. There was no information that she had been at a party, at least in our news down in this area. We just understood she was walking home from visiting friends and that is how it was understood. I don't know who has indicated she was partying, but it sure is a misunderstanding as far as we know. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

D1

« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2010, 03:59:55 PM »
This has become an ugly little discussion. The military "family" has obviously been dealt a blow by these recent developments. Although it was caused by the actions of just one man, some general comments have left Alex feeling like someone just urinated in his cheerios. It's understandable, but this is the thread for a murdered girl and all of this has become quite inappropriate. Maybe Alex has something to say and offer, may I suggest he move his comments over to the thread about the man, serial killer Russel Williams. I'm sure he will find something there to sink his teeth into. Who knows we might even learn something..
http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/topic,3211.0.html
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 04:04:51 PM by D1 »

amIam

« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2010, 04:22:45 PM »
 unforgivable:

I had read somewhere Kathleen had attended a party before she was murdered. It may have been in the Toronto Sun or perhaps our local paper, the Trentonian, I can't recall..it was so long ago. It was written from the perspective from the police trying to trace her movements. The article didn't leave me with the impression she was a wild young girl, just a young 19 yr old hanging out with friends on a summer evening as would be expected.  At the time of Kathleen's murder my son was also 19, he would often get together with his friends..just hanging out, talking, laughing..no alcohol involved just good kids having a great time with friends.

It must be a terrible thing to have to live with, thinking that "if only" she had accepted that ride from you.  I'm sorry, I truly am.  We all lost something with Kathleen's senseless murder, her family, her friends as well as this small town.    

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2010, 05:10:09 PM »
Good for you D1 - so far you have said it best of all, imo.  We can all learn from everyone - sometimes just a little, sometimes quite alot.

D1

« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2010, 04:59:08 AM »
 I get it Alex and Perdy..You may have noticed, no one is saying anything on here anymore..

It has been said elsewhere:

What is obvious is how hard it is for everyone to believe that someone in a position like this could be involved in crimes like these. That alone has likely hampered the investigation in the past. But thats not to say the military is the problem. The same could be said if he were a top public figure in a large corporation or a even some prominent politician who's neighbor had been murdered. The position alone is enough to keep most sane persons from looking too closely at the man

There are several new threads now for more general discussions about things that have no need to be left here. No disrespect intended toward Kathleen..please carry on tell us more about her..
http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/board,88.0.html

« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 05:05:17 AM by D1 »

SAP

« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2010, 10:40:21 AM »

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2010, 11:21:57 AM »
To the family of Kathleen MacVicar, I'm sorry to hear the report that the authorities were not able to find a connection between Williams and your Kathleen. It must be heart-wrenching to have lost Kathleen. I will pray that you find resolve as this must be so difficult for your family.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2010, 11:40:04 AM »
Somehow or another, I did not really believe that Williams was involved in Kathleen's murder. I believe it was someone who was moving on and it was a random act of violence. I am so devastated for Colleen and the family, that there is no answers for them at this time. And now that the focus is on Williams for other crimes. Kathleen's case will once again be put on hold. My prayers to her mom and all Kathleen's friends in Glace Bay and surrounding area. RIP Kathleen.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 11:43:05 AM by capeheart »