Author Topic: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West  (Read 180225 times)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2010, 01:54:47 PM »
Military men get away with quite a bit ....as long as not too many people are around when it happens.
There was a woman murdered in Sydney NS back in the 60's or 70's from what I've been told.  Her body was found in an abandoned military vehicle near the Sydney Train Station (is the story I was told) - but that is just a few blocks (backroad so to speak) from Victoria Park, which was a very active military spot at the time.  It is also just a few miles from the Sydney Radar Base, which was also very active at the time. 
I don't think the story even made the papers around here.  However, someone who lives in the Halifax area read it back then, in a Halifax paper....even recongnized and knew the woman.  This person told me Mary was involved with a guy in the military.... a very violent man when drunk.
I really do need to go to a newspaper archives and try to find this story from that Halifax paper.

amIam

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2010, 05:42:12 PM »
Yes, I am aware there is another young lady missing from the Belleville/ Trenton, ( Quinte West) area, I so hope and pray she is found safe. I don't know what is wrong with this area but there is much crime and very little publicity.  Perhaps as a result of being considered to be "Quinte West" who has ever heard of us??  We all became encompassed in this silly name as a result of amalgamation of a number of areas, few and far between.
I stand corrected regarding cause of death of Kathleen MacVicar.  She was stabbed but the rest of the comments posted here regarding attending a party at Cresswell Drive and her body being moved and placed in Middleton Park were never made public..nor either the video of her walking.  There was never any mention of rape, it has been stated she was " sexually assaulted"..there is a difference.
At the time of Kathleen's murder, Trenton ( Quinte West) was in a transition period where as our old police dept was being taken over by the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) It is my opinion that much information was lost during this time.
And from living here for years and being aware of what the military is able to cover up, yes, it was someone in the military that killed this wonderful young lady and he will never be brought to justice.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2010, 06:18:11 PM »
...looks possible that the military is a great "base of operation" for a potential serial killer. Nobody ever checks up on soldiers or police.  I'll bet anytime there's a uniform in any area prior to crimes of any type, that uniform is never even considered....much less questioned or suspected.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2010, 08:56:06 PM »
We do hear of some brutal crimes that are done by military people, but usually it is in a foriegn country. But I am willing to bet there is a lot of crime going on. I have friends that are at this time in Afg. working as civilians, not in the forces. And they are currently over there now, they were told to be very careful around the base because it was dangerous to think that crimes were not committed against females on the base. So what does that tell you and they are civies, not in the military. There was someone assaulted and that is why they had to inform them. Hoping that this case gets solved. I will keep checking to see if anything new is posted. I can't believe that it is so long ago that this happened, it seems like yesterday. I really thought it would be solved. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

amIam

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2010, 05:34:06 PM »
Yes, it has been such a long time since Kathleen's murder, nine years this coming June and no one has been brought to justice and I doubt there ever will be.  It has been far too long.   And I feel so very sorry for Kathleen's parents and extended family.
In my opinion, after nearly nine years, if Kathleen was murdered by a local, he or she..( and I understand the "she" is a possibility) would have not been able to keep their mouths shut.
I am convinced she was murdered by someone in the military.
I am certain her family is pushing for answers and a degree of closure but perhaps distance impedes.   

amIam

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2010, 06:27:02 PM »
Capeheart...thank you for your post and input, I have civilians friends working in Kandahar also and they as well have been warned to keep away from the enlisted military.

Ang1979

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2010, 10:11:22 AM »
I worked with Kathleen at Stream...it's so hard to believe it's been 9 years!!  With the tragic news this morning about the Jessica Lloyd murdered...all I can do is think of Kathleen also.  I know the Base is under investigation at this moment concerning Jessica's case although she was found in Tweed.  Makes me wonder if there's any connection...and if so...I hope both families can finally begin healing!

have2say

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2010, 11:45:43 AM »
I worked in the military when she was killed and from the beginning I always "felt" that the person responsible for her death would have had to be a military person..If anyone drives regularly on the base, then you would know that likely there will be a military police cruiser sitting right on the edge of curtis Road..so in my opinion to have done this on the base you would have to not only know your way around but know the people on it. I think we will find out the answer soon after the press release for the arrest made in the case of Jessica Lloyd..

Sleuth

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2010, 12:11:03 PM »
Yes, let us all pray that the person responsible For Jessica's disappearance and murder gives up any information he/she has on any other cases in the area, for not to put to rest the family's mind of who, why and where but for the safety of other women in the area.

RIP Jessica  :'( :'( :'(

Here is the link with the latest breaking news on Jessica

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/topic,3203.0.html

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2010, 12:25:44 PM »
I just had a message from my sister who lives in Belleville, she has indicated that this person arrested in the crime against Jessica, could be a suspect in the murder of Kathleen. Also mentioned was another lady in the Belleville area, Brighton, I believe, they are looking at him for that murder also. This is tragic for everyone, especially the family of the murdered women. I do hope that this person is the one they have in custody and that justice will finally be done for these women who were murdered. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

barbara

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2010, 01:53:47 PM »
today in trenton ontario a man named  russell williams 46 of tweed was arressted,for two first degree murders of two women including the one women from brighton,,,he is also in the military......hopefully mc vicars can be solved to....

amIam

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2010, 04:43:09 PM »
Thank you, havetosay, barbara and capeheart.

I understand the OPP have had this military ( high up) in there sights so to speak for quite some time.  And the military as well has had their suspicions but for how long has not been stated however since they gave up their info they must have been afraid someone would leak something.  But then again this is likely a case of military damage control and they will cover their ass as always.

Base Commander, Russ Williama, CFB Trenton,  has two homes, one in Tweed  ( close to where Jesicca Lloyd lived and the other two single women were sexually assaulted in their homes) and another home in Ottawa where his wife lived..both are being searched..poor wife, she likely had no clue.

Capeheart:  This guy, Russel Williams was here in Trenton when Kathleen was murdered..Belleville Police and the OPP are looking at him for her murder as well.

This may be the tip of the iceburg that breaks Kathleen's case wide open and likey many others here in Canada.  I very doubt Russel Williams is the only enlisted military person to ever commit  crime that the forces were unaware.  They cover up continually.  One, such as myself just has to live in a military town to understand how far reaching the power of military actually is and how much they get away with on a daily basis.

me

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2010, 07:35:05 PM »
Whoops, I thought I was on Kathleen's thread with my previous post, but I was actually on Jessica's.  I heard a verbal report by a reporter on 570News that they are also looking into whether or not he could have been involved in Kathleen's murder.  However, I've searched the net and cannot find anything to confirm this.  Does anyone know if this is fact or local speculation?  If anyone can find it in writing, would you please post the source, with date and time, if at all possible.

bebe

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2010, 08:01:06 PM »
It was reported here:

http://www.trentonian.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2440375

Like many who knew Kathleen, I'm waiting for answers.

earthgirlsreasy

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2010, 08:10:24 PM »
I didn't realize others had thought that Russell Williams may be responsible for Kathleen's murder.  I notified police today to look at Kathleen's murder.  I didn't know Kathleen, but I vividly remember her murder.  It's funny, when Jessica went missing, and the link to Marie France was publicized last week, I immediately thought of Kathleen.  Hopefully we can finally grant the family some solace by knowing that their loved one's murderer is behind bars.