Author Topic: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West  (Read 180261 times)

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 05:31:26 PM »
I sure wish they would find out some new information related to Kathleen's murder. It seems like yeserday, because she is from Glace Bay area and that is only 20 miles from me. Somebody must know something about that night, somebody did not just go home after murdering someone and act normal. I feel so bad for her family in CB, because there does not seem to be any new information. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Mikeem

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 02:02:15 AM »
I am Kathleen's Cousin, she lived with me before she had moved to Ontario & I was 14 at the time. This is the first time i have ever read these and its nice to know others care. the people looking after the cross are not family! our family that lived on that base had been transferred elsewhere. So if u ever meet these kind people tell them thank you from me please. Kathleen was the best kinda person and I pray that one day we don't have to sit and wonder who did this. Anyways just wanted to say thank you to everyone commenting on this. its July 30Th right now and the last post was yesterday. its hard to believe all this time has gone by. Thanks Everyone!

http://capebretonpost.com/index.cfm?sid=273652&sc=145

I seen this is this is why i googled her name and came across this site, made me sit and wonder

TristaParent

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 11:31:25 AM »
Kathleen was my friend and such a great person.  I think about her often and wish that things played out different that evening.  Unfortunately, that was not the case.  We miss her dearly and want to find jsutice for this young woman whose life ended way too soon.  That same year I moved away, which was one less family to give support.  She is gone, but not forgotten and I hope that RCMP and police never give up on her and her family.
Much love for Kathleen XOXOX

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 06:16:07 PM »
Mikeem, sure glad you found this site, because we never forgot Kathleen. I read your link to the CB post, that is quite incredible that this man is from the same area that Kathleen was from. And that this was around the Trenton base that he committed another crime. The police may take a close look at him and investigate to see if he is involved in any other crimes in that area. >:( >:( :o :o :o :o

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 02:54:21 PM »
Thanks for posting. I sure hope thi case can be solved soon. I don't think the police forget these cases. Sorry about your friend.

solvingmystery

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 07:19:55 AM »
I am a resident of Trenton, and a woman, and this horrible crime has haunted me since the day she was found.  I pray all the time the killer will be found and brought to justice.  I was wondering though does anyone know what TIME Kathleen was walking alone???  The other thing is, there is a corner store right by where she was found, and I had heard a long time ago they have cameras outside and that kathleen had walked by those cameras....they should also find out who was in or out of the store around the time she walked by or take note of any passing vehicles....anyhow if anyone knows the time I'd realy like to know.  Thanks,
RIP Kathleen no one here will rest until we know what happened!

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2009, 07:45:42 PM »
Solving, why do you want to know the time. ??? ??? Have you an idea of something that happened on that evening that may throw some light on the case. I think the police would have been right in on the video camera evidence immediately. That is why they possibly know the route she took. But, I understood she took a shortcut home. It would be nice if someone could put a picture on here of the area Kathleen was found in. These items of interest would be very helpful if the police did have them available. They do feel this was a stranger that committed this crime. But so much time has gone by now, it is someone carrying a deep dark secret. It certainly could have been a military person that commited this crime and has long since left the area and could be committing other crimes. We down here in the CB area always think about this case and hope it will be solved. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 07:47:34 PM by capeheart »

barbara

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 09:11:46 AM »
i,am also from trenton ontario and live a couple of blocks away from middleton park,this case is still open like it was yesterday...quinte west? hopefully i can answer those queastions for you.i dont know why we are quinte west,but quinte west covers alot of space here ,trenton ,belleville and surronding area.known as hastings county.i guess as it grows,we dont call it a county town or a rural road ,its now all quinte west.....and yes we have quinte west police known as opp.the trenton army base is located in bayside ontario.to me its all trenton.and not far apart.its that small if you blink you,ll miss it.mcvicars was found in middleton park,and that park is not far from trenton.s city,you could walk it in 10 minutes from downtown trenton,the park is used often it almost sits right between trenton and the base,most kids from base will use this park as a short cut to the base,there is really nothing there,it would maybe take her 10 minutes from cresswell to walk it.if she was on cresswell then she would have had to walk threw downtown trenton to get to the other side of the bridge to the base....cresswell is a housing complex,before you get to base theres a zellers plaza,people cut threw there all the time,to go to base,middleton park is behind there.....kathleen is still the talk of this town and people here have not forgotten her.like everyone else,there are stories here about it and i dont belive she was murderd in the park .all i know is that they found her there.it is true she was not a resident here long and she stayed with family on the base and she was from down east visiting family here,and worked downtown trenton at a call centre which is still there.you asked if anyone could send you pitures,and can i post this on this site.i will go to middleton park for you and take pitures of it.i live right across from the park,this area is not hidden its very open,with lots of houses..the news paper here is the trentoian,,ill go to the library and post it for you all the articles....i read not to long ago in the paper that cold case detectives,are in trenton.....i belive are police here will never close this file,nor will it sit in a box,as unsolved.i belive the killer is still in quinte west, ,kathleen is not the only girl murderd here in trenton,couple years ago another women was found on atkins rd near base,they said she was beatin to death ,she was the daughter of a police chief,her case has not been solved either....after kathleen another girl was found in the trent river she to was beatin and raped,her killer was sentenced about 2 years ago,opp say he wasnt involved with mcvicar cause he was serving time in prison at the time of her death..trenton is not a nice place to live.ill post that this week.

barbara

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2009, 11:42:57 AM »
sarah martin was found murderd in trenton to......her killer awaits trial in napanee detention centre,known as quinte west regional detention centre,,,sarah martin was found murderd in quinte west   trenton...on mount pelion,which is just up the street from cresswell not far at all.she worked at the call centre to but not the same as kathleen ,two diffrent places.......i belive his trial starts really soon here......i never thought about this guy.......police never  said if they were investigating him   but good point,,,sarah martim was not from london,,,,,,,sarah martin knew her killer,the guy charged for her murder,was her boyfriend......my daughter in law is her cousin,small town........mount pelion is a tour attraction here.i,ll post that for ya too,,,,,,,,there are many here who have been murderd....but not forgotten

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2009, 12:09:13 PM »
Barbara, thanks for all the information, that is really helpful to know in my heart that they really do care about Kathleen's murder. You know, when all this time is gone by and it seems like yesterday that it happened and still no arrests, it is disturbing. My sister lives in the area of Trenton also and I have visited up there a couple of years ago. I do know where the Zellers mall is and have been there. I know it is not an overly big place and I think I have heard of the murder you were speaking of, the lady that her father was a police chief. Usually when it is a boyfriend-girlfriend or spousal murder, it is an isolated incident, as they call it. It is usually a rage against the husband or wife and it ends up tragically. You know, Barbara, you may have hit the nail on the head here, she possibly was moved from the area she was murdered in and placed in the area she was. She may have been killed in an apartment or house and then her body was moved to the area she was found. I cannot remember if the police indicated these particulars when she was found. Thank you so much for the information and so glad to know that people never forgot Kathleen. And Solvy, I hope you did find out the time of the crime.  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 12:13:33 PM by capeheart »

Julia

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2009, 05:50:40 PM »
Hi. I lived in the Trenton area at the time of Kathleen's murder.  In fact, I worked at the Military Family Resource Centre just a few minutes from where her body was found.  I now live in Nova Scotia.  My deepest condolances go to her family. 
If it is any comfort to Kathleen's family, the people of Trenton (which is part of a bigger amalgamated area called Quinte West), have not forgotten about Kathleen.  I attended several candlight vigils in her honour.  This murder came as a huge shock to our community.  Trenton is quite small as some of your other members have written. Not considered to be a place with a lot of crime.  Curtis Road is the road that links the City of Trenton to the acutal Military Base.  It is not very long, but at night it is dark.  Although CFB Trenton is one of the largest employers in the area, there are lots of other employers.  Trenton is located along Highway #401 which is the main east-west route along southern Ontario.  I would hate to see any investigation focus just on military personnel.  In my opinion, it was not likely someone from the military but rather someone who may be more tranisent. Military members who are preparing to go away are usually kept very busy in the days prior to departure. I would find it unusual that they would have the time to commit a murder.
If you have any questions about the geography, or the proximity of the area in relation to the base I can help.
God Bless

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2009, 05:56:20 PM »
I remember back when this hit the news in Cape Breton.  I always suspected a military base connection for some reason.... call it instinct... I don't know...just feel it! :(

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2009, 07:53:24 PM »
I also think there is a military connection with this case. Because of the fact that people are moving around so much, they are here one day and gone the next. It would be interesting to know what troops were moved out shortly after the crime, this would maybe throw some light on if it could be a military person. I hope it isn't anyone in the military, because persons in my family were in the military and since have retired and I know there are a lot of wonderful men and women who serve our country, but it is like everything else, there are people with problems out there. I hope the police up there know that we are always here and thinking about Kathleen. And by the way, Julia, welcome back to Nova Scotia. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2009, 12:55:02 AM »
That is interesting that it happened at the time it did then. Moving would include a lot of civilian personnel.

Who was her friend? Was it a normal everyday friend or a male friend? Was he the last who saw her? Did she have a boyfriend?

It is possible it is random, but I am more likely to look at people in her life first because chances are....

I'd be interested in knowing if they were able to get a DNA profile?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2009, 08:21:53 PM »
Chris, I feel the same way. But previously they felt that it was a random act, that she did not know the person. But she had been living there for a period of time. I also voice your thoughts on this. When did she leave the place she was, as another person on here indicated. Maybe she was murdered in another area and her body placed where it was. I think someone knows something about this crime and they are not coming forward. And why would she be so brave to walk this are at night alone, especially not being from the area. I know even in the area I live, I wouldn't walk home alone. If I go over to a neighbour's house and come home after 11:00, I get them to watch me until I get in my back door. You never know who is out there these days.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???