Author Topic: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West  (Read 180215 times)

D1

Re: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2010, 10:06:49 PM »
This is highly unusual and surprising. Such a high ranking member of the armed forces to be involved in something like this....hmm flew the plane for a former PM and for Royalty....This guys past needs to be checked out real good!!

sandrashep

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2010, 10:27:19 PM »
I hope with the breaking news today that maybe Col. Russell Williams had something to do with her murder.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2010, 12:28:08 AM »
I hope this is the break needed to solve this case. I know so many people are still shocked by this murder. It does seem rather interesting with the arrest today.

barbara

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2010, 10:31:56 AM »
kathleen mcvicars body was found here in june 2001  the day would be the 13th or 12th.i have read all these post and it did say years ago that she was found by a person cutting the lawn in middleton park.and that she was found rolled in a carpet, she had been sexually assulted and stabbed to death..they really didnt say much on the case,,,,, i do agree the base will put a hush on this case just like they did kathleen macvicars.....after 9 years i agree it dont seem that long cause we all still talk about it,like it was yesterday.today i,m going to the library to the trentonian archives.and i,m gonna get everything that was published about this case....i know the date was 12 or 13 of june 2001,i hope they have dna from her,i,m sure quinte west police will have the case on there desk,and i,m sure there looking in to see where russell williams was stationed that year,i bet it was right here in trenton,,i,m sure the police will look at other murders here,like the girl who was found beat to death on atkins road about 5 years ago,im sure thats near the base to.....all i know is that QUINTE WEST police are gonna be real busy........i also read a post about us being the capital city of drugs ,i do belive its true,and with all the money project long arm got from that here .should be given to project shadow for there investigation into these murders..everyone has a  what if about this story of kathleen,,,,guess none of us can say what happened,we can only guess and listen to what we hear,but this site is good cause we can all discuss the what if and what nots and keep this going...as for trenton lets all pray for are victims,pray they got the killer and pray for there parents,.and i do pray that opp has not made a quick arresst or any mistakes,hope it not months before we know if hes guilty of kathleen....guess we all have to wait and see,how it turns out.hope there will be closure for kathleen mcvicars parent to.

amIam

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2010, 01:00:26 PM »
Barbara,.....
 yesterday (Feb.9) I either heard somewhere or read somewhere that this guy Williams was stationed here in Trenton at the time of Kathleen's murder.

I understand the former Trenton police completely botched the initial investigation, the scene was contaminated, the lead investigator was not qualified and the OPP was brought in too late. Since the inception of the OPP taking over Trenton police ( thru amalgamation) a special team has been investigating Kathleen's murder.

I believe the majority of Trentonians, myself included have always considered Kathleen's murder was committed by someone in the military.  It's such a small town that if it was someone local by now loose lips would have probably sunk them and someone would have turned them in for the reward...that's a LOT of money for anyone but especially here in Trenton where if you are not employed by the base in some capacity,  you work for peanuts.  We have the highest rate in Ontario of those on assistance as well as being the drug capital of Ontario.  We even have Opium showing up on the streets here now..it's derived from Poppies..in Afghanistan.  Every flight to and from Afghanistan departs and arrives at CFB Trenton.

From what I have gathered, the OPP have solid evidence against this Williams guy at least for the murders of Jessica Lloyd and Marie Comeau.  Apparently the OPP had him on their radar for quite sometime regarding Ms. Comeau.  I don't think the military will be able to cover this up as they have done in the past with other "problem" members.

Hopefully, for the sake of Kathleen's family this guy will do the right thing and confess.

Pretty bold guy though isn't he?  But with the perfect set up, a home in Ottawa where his wife resides and works, luxury cottage on Lake Stoko, near Tweed and the papers say a home in Trenton as well ??? He's been operating with impunity and being the big brass on base, giving interviews, being in the public eye..who woulda thunk??  It was hide in plain sight!  In my opinion he figured he would never be caught..but then he got sloppy with the murder of Corporal Marie Comeau..a woman who worked under him. 

I can't remember, who was the woman who was beaten to death and found on Aikens Rd, Trenton?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2010, 01:11:10 PM »
Barbara, I am kind of confused by the start of your post. You indicated that someone was wrapped in a rug, as you did not separate I thought you meant Kathleen. But I do believe you mean the person on Aitken Road (sic). I am sure that the police probably will investigate him for Kathleen and it sure looks like he is the person who committed the crime. I would say that if all of these charges that have been laid against him were done in one day, imagine what will come up when they start digging. Of course, he has  been caught now and his days of committing crimes are over. He may just glorify himself and confess every crime he has ever committed. I do believe he is a serial killer. I mean he just didn't start doing this overnight. He possibly has been at this for a long time. There are several crimes in Ottawa that have not been solved and some bear a similarity to these crimes in Belleville and surrounding areas. Hopefully we will have closure on Kathleen's murder. I feel so badly for the families, because of the senseless act of violence against these women.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2010, 01:26:05 PM »

I do believe he is a serial killer.

If Williams is found guilty of the two murders he is charged with, and is in fact guilty of the murder of Kathleen MacVicar, according to what information I could find, he will be considered a serial killer.

Who knows how many more victims they will find?

Some_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2010, 03:02:45 PM »
I was born and raised in Trenton, lived there all my life until this past August. There are some factual misconceptions here. I lived on Creswell Dr back at the time when she was killed. The place where she was found is entirely consistent with a walking route anyone would take if travelling from Creswell dr to the PMQ's. I have walked it many times myself when going to visit friends living in the PMQ's. At a normal rate of speed this would take you 25 - 30 mins tops. Yes, the woods are dark there, but it is not uncommon to travel that area by night. Nor would it be uncommon to meet up with anyone else travelling that route. People who have always lived in Trenton do not see a distinction between the property lines. The base is Trenton, and we are the base. She was captured on video coming through the downtown core, policed stated as much at the time. It is believed she was killed in or about the vicinity her body was found. The woman found on Aikens road's death nobody seems to know much about, but it was always heavily rumored to be a drug related crime. The poster who mentioned the rug may be confusing elements of Jennifer Boczylo's murder as her body was indeed found wrapped in a rug from her apartment. Her killer has been apprehended. Whether or not Russell Williams had anything to do with Kathleen's death remains to be seen, it would be nice for her family to finally have some answers but I suspect he is not. Though most residents will tell you they have always believed her killer to be a military man. Maybe not someone who knew her per se but someone who definitely had contact with her in some way.

amIam

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2010, 03:45:19 PM »
I am really very confused as there have been 3 murders of young women here in Trenton in the past few years.  In two of the three cases there have been arrests.  Kathleen MacVicars murder has still to target a suspect.
I live here as well and I have yet to hear of any of these three vicitims being found wrapped in a rug. If anyone has a media link to share, I would appreciate it.
Police have been very tight lipped regarding Kathleen, I heard rumours of a video but nothing confirmed by the Trenton police.  anyone know of the name of the establishment who caught her on video?
As for the female found beaten to death on Aikens Rd and it being drug related.  Has she ever been identified?  And if in fact this was considered drug related does this mean the police should feel a further investigation is unwarranted??? These poor souls tend to go by the wayside in any police investigation..this is why Robert Picton got away with murder for so long..he targeted the throw aways from our society.   

Some_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2010, 04:05:29 PM »
I don't know that it was reported about the rug in media news outlets. Jennifer was a friend of and worked with my sister, and lived next door to another couple I knew. It was through my sister that I was told her body was found wrapped in a lightweight throw rug her killer had used in order to carry her down the stairs. I don't believe the police ever confirmed which camera caught Kathleen, but all of the major banks in the downtown core have video surveillance in place as well as the jewelery store. Searching back issues of the Trentonian should provide you with their exact comments on the matter. Certainly nobody said the woman on found on Aikens Rd's death did not warrant further investigation. To my knowledge she was in fact identified and there were POI in the case. I am simply unable to recall her name. There have in fact been more than 3 murders of women in Trenton in the last decade, you just don't always hear about them.

Some_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2010, 04:12:23 PM »
Here is some info on the woman found on Aikens Rd; her name was Deborah Larigee

http://ottawastart.com/arc6-2003.php

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2010, 04:13:59 PM »
THIS NEWS WAS ON AT 6:00, PLEASE DISREGARD THIS POST AS IT WAS NOTED ON CBC NEWS THAT THEY ARE REOPENING THE CASE OF KATHLEEN AND IT LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE LOOKING AT WILLIAMS. IT IS TWO DIFFERENT NEWS BROADCAST OF DIFFERENT STATIONS AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK. SORRY. I REMOVED THE POST I HAD HERE. BUT THEY DID SAY THEY ARE LOOKING AT HIM FOR THE MURDERS OF THREE FEMALES IN HALIFAX WHEN HE WAS STATIONED THERE.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 08:11:20 PM by capeheart »

lilacorn

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2010, 04:31:32 PM »
Wow, so much heartache and confusion. Good news that the murderer of Marie France and Jessica is behind bars. Sad news that he is not responsible for Kathleen's death...I am sure everyone within a 100 mile area was hoping it was so. I find it odd that I now have some kind of 'almost connection' to 3 of the victims...not a nice connection to have to beautiful young women that have been taken far too soon by brutality. I used to babysit Jennifer. I am best friends with a good friend/co-worker of Marie France. And today I found out that another close friends grandson dated Jessica for a while a few years ago. Again, as all Trentonians, Brightonians, and Bellevinians are saying and being from Trenton my first reaction was 'good god, HE did it?' We all tend to think of sick murderers 'looking' the part and that just isn't so, look back at Paul Bernardo. Charming, good looking....and as someone on here just said, hide in full sight. This Williams, and I will not honor his title anymore, was everywhere, visible, met new women/young girls daily for years...that is the scary part. He would meet them in bars and grocery stores. We run into our Air Force members here daily as we go about. How many others are there out there that he sexually assaulted like the two in Tweed in September? Or murdered around the world? The good thing is that now all the crimes in the towns he's ever flown into or worked out of or could drive to easily are being reinvestigated. But, sadly and scarily, someone is still out there that murdered Kathleen.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2010, 04:41:01 PM »
Hi Lilacorn, yes, it is scary that these people can hide in plain sight. I am so upset by the police not making it known in September what a violent person that was out there breaking into homes and tying people up. This should have been noted then for people not to stay alone. These women would possibly be alive now if they had made the particulars known about these violent assaults. These women who were assaulted will be in fear for the rest of their lives, it is a miracle he did not kill them. They will never get over that fear of being assaulted in such a violent manner. They will even be in more of a panic now that they know that he was a killer and how lucky they were to get away with their lives. But the people in Belleville still have to be cautious, because the killer of Kathleen is still out there. Maybe it was someone who was passing through, that was on the base as a guest of the military and flew out the next day. Everyone who was there and were flying out the next day should have had to submit their DNA. I feel badly that Kathleen's case is back in the cold cases again. ??? ??? ??? ???

barbara

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2010, 05:34:17 PM »
i was really hoping there was going to be closure for the family,  and thank you for finding the article on laragee,the girl from atkins road,,,,,and i do agree ,,,,just because you choose a life of drugs or your a hooker whatever,,this girl was still someones daughter,,,,i like to look at these victims as people,makes me sad..2 people were charged with that murder and aqquitted because police acted to quick to make a arresst,when they were released by judge hunter in belleville ,i do remember clearly the judge saying he had to release these men,because people who are arrested,cant be tried on hear say,and police had no evidence.......i do agree with one person on here,lousy police work.. on there behalf ,on kathleen,another person said it was never published about how kathleen mc vicars died, well its in the paper today,and it true,it,s been published so we  are not wrong,,when people are murderd,the police should step aside and let the experts do there job,in some cases to many police work the case,opp here are not experts here ...and the people of trenton on here .you have to agree with me,they called in almost 200 police officiers in there 6 millon dollar bust here,wonder how many officers are on this case,,,who knows,but i think project shadow should be getting that funding money not long arm.just my opinion,dont jump down my throat,,,,,we all have are right to are opinions.i was really hoping this was gonna be a closure for the mcvicar family,and closure for trenton too..