Author Topic: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West  (Read 174940 times)

Desespere

Kathleen MacVicar - Posted
COD: Stabbed/sexually assaulted
DOB:
Date last seen: June 13, 2001
Location last seen: Quinte-West, ON
Date found: June 15, 2001
Location found: Trenton, ON

Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West - Kathleen was seen for the last time leaving on foot from a friend's residence. Two days later, on June 15th 2001, her body was discovered on the National Defense property Canadian Forces Base Trenton, Ontario along Curtis Road. MacVicar was the victim of murder. She had been raped and stabbed.
Any person having information regarding the person(s) responsible for this murder should immediately contact the Director of the Criminal Investigation Branch, Ontario Provincial Police at 1-888-310-1122 or (705) 329-6111, the ?Project Shadow? office at (613) 962-5637, their nearest police authority, or Crime Stoppers.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 05:02:58 PM by debbiec »

capeheart

• View Profile
Kathleen was from Glace Bay, N.S.  This was a shock to everyone in our area, because she was not up there for a long period of time. There has not been any news recently or if they feel that the person who did this crime has done this kind of thing before.  So much time has gone by and no news on the matter, they should do a re-enactment or something in the area where this happened.  It will soon be the anniversary of her death and I hope that in the Trenton area they will do something on the news to bring it up and see if anyone does come forward.  This could  have been done by someone in the military who is always on the move.  Hoping that they do something to keep her memory alive and the matter can be solved.   ??? ??? ???

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
I hope the police have a good suspect. They won't quit. It may take time. I would not be surprised if they do.

DVC185

• View Profile
Re: Kathleen MacVicar - June 13, 2001 - Age 19 - Murdered - Quinte-West
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 06:02:37 PM »
CTV Ottawa just an update on this issue and no progress to report.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 10:42:54 AM »
So sorry to hear that about Kathleen's case. I really thought that something would have come up on the case. I mean that is only a small area that they live in, it is not like a large city. I believe it could have been someone on the move that committed this crime. June is the time that people are moving about, tourists and all and they are not that far from the big cities. I can't believe they didn't get a POI in this case. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 03:24:50 AM »
It is nice know though that someone is still concerned about this case. I hope they have a POI.

me

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 12:37:04 PM »
Was there any hint that anyone on the base could have been involved?

mauvelilac

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 12:51:12 PM »
More than a hint...but if someone from the base was involved no one will ever know. What happens on a base usually stays on a base. You can tell that from Joe Grozelles death. He was a military student.

me

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 07:42:33 AM »
Mauv, that's exactly what I was getting at.  If that's the case, the only thing that surprises me is that the local police brought it up again recently.  Usually the names are just allowed to fade into obscurity, you won't even be able to find records that the person ever lived or frequented the area of base.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 10:16:18 AM »
I believe if Kathleen's relatives were living in the area she was killed, there would be a higher likely of this case being solved. The fact that her parents and family live down here in Cape Breton, well it is hard for them to keep this case alive. It seems like yesterday to me that she was killed and now we are into 2009, it is unreal how fast the time goes by and still no answers. Somebody knows something up there. There has to be someone who is hiding knowledge of this crime. Nobody kept this to themselves. If it was a young individual he told a friend. If it was an older individual, someone is going to know their condition when they came home that night and also their attitude the next day on when the crime was made public. I surely hope that Kathleen's murder is solved.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

capeheart

• View Profile
Des, thanks for that clip of the news on Kathleen, any news about this case is good to keep it in the pulbic eye.  I never hear anything down here about the case anymore, it seems like yesterday and it is now eight years since this happened. For sure the person who has committed this crime has committed other crimes and may be anywhere doing the same types of crimes across Canada and the USA. If he was a military man, he could have been gone to another country the next day, maybe the crime will never be solved unless someone speaks out. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Skeptikalguy

• View Profile
Just so that you all know.. there is someone here.. who takes care of a cross that was placed where they found her body..
Someone puts small toys, blue ribbons.. etc,...and lately a picture of Kathleen has been on the cross..
that is how I found out about it..
The road where she was found is a very dark and lonely stretch of road..with no houses on it..

Just thougt I would update you caring souls..
Cheers..

capeheart

• View Profile
Skept, thanks for that update. I am sure they are probably her relatives that are leaving the cross and momentos at the site, just so it is not forgotten. It is coming to the anniversary now of her death and no leads. Maybe on the anniversary of her death the Trenton news will put a piece in the paper. Sure hope the police are still keeping an eye open on this case. I wasn't aware that there was a similar crime in London.  So maybe there is a serial killer around the Ontario area. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

capeheart

• View Profile
Des, that is some information that there maybe a killer moving about in the province of Ontario. This person must have assaulted someone before, because they indicate it was a stranger attack and not someone she knew. To think this person is still out there and no known suspect in their sights, sure must be a source of concern for the people in that area. Hoping that they do get someone soon in the crimes committed against these women. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Aug1698

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2009, 11:31:58 PM »
I worked at a call Center in 2001, I met a girl while working there, she was bright and funny and so full of life. My favorite memory of her was seeing her skip across the parking lot one day wearing the cutest hat, she giggle when I complimented it, as it was her 18 month old cousins hat.

The last time I saw her she was waiting for friends to pick her up after work. If I had only known then what was to come I would have hugged her and told her how much she meant to me, and I would have made her promise me that she would never walk alone after dark. At that time she was a co worker, who always made me smile, but today her memory haunts me and it tears me apart that her murder goes onsolved. I didn't know her long, but she will always be in my heart.

When I was told of Kathleens death I remember being in shock. I remember hitting the person who told me and yelling at them, that that wasn't a funny joke, I only wish now that it had been a joke, and that Kathleen could still be here today, to giggle at wearing a baby's hat....

Rest in peace Kathleen and know you are never far from my memory and I think of you all the time....

I have since moved away from the area, but if memory serves me correctly, the road was a stretch of road running parallel  to the city limits close enough to be considered the city, but far enough to be a stretch of bare road.