Author Topic: The bomb that killed Wayne Greavette | Canadian Cold Case On CBC  (Read 30362 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Re: The bomb that killed Wayne Greavette | Canadian Cold Case On CBC
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2012, 04:28:49 PM »
I was trying to remember Wayne's last name yesterday....and then you post about him today, capeheart.  Crazy.

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2012, 10:41:33 PM »
Sad that this case has never been solved. It would definitely be someone who knew Wayne who was behind it so it shouldn't be impossible.

hombres4

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2013, 08:51:15 AM »
Hello
Wondering if the family still owns the property? Also if anyone else had interests in it before the family bought it? Organized crime? Was Wayne ever asked to pay $  or a street tax? Did another big water co. have interest?
Was it intended for Wayne specifically?
Thanks

leonagleant

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2013, 07:04:58 PM »
It's a long shot, but could there by any connection between the crazy embezzler who killed a young single disable mom recently with a letter bomb and Wayne Greavette? At least that case was solved as it was determined that the man had taken her money and his motive was cover-up. Surely the motive for killing Wayne Greavetter could be determined by now too.

techdog

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2013, 03:54:00 PM »
No ties with biker wars or a business that was bombed ? Any known suspects that had explosives ? Seems there could only be a handful of possibilities.

TLG

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2013, 06:12:19 PM »
Here is an article I found from the OPP it is strange they didn't follow up on all that was used for the packaging and looking into these clues.

http://www.opp.ca/cibui/html/displaycase.php?id=33

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2013, 03:22:35 AM »
The article describes the wrapping paper as being white, with glossy green on the other side.   I wonder if it was Christmas wrapping paper and the perp reversed it for mailing purposes. I would've thought the Police could track down Wayne's killer(s)....seems to me there was several good clues.
I wonder if it has to do with the water business.  Strangely enough, I read the other day that environmental groups want caps on the amount of water Nestle takes out of their well in Hillsburg Ontario when there is water restrictions happening.  (Hillsburg is about 44 km from Moffat).  If I am not mistaken, I believe that general area of Ontario is where a lot of the bottled water comes from.  When I stop and think about it, there is probably many people that would/could be against any kind of business that takes our natural resources.

How did the perp know for sure that Wayne would open the parcel, and not one of the other family members.......I understand the parcel was addressed to Wayne, but how did the perp know for sure he would open it, and not, let's say, his wife?  Did he know Wayne that well?  Was it someone against the water bottling business?

I am surprised this case has never been solved...but then again, it was back in 1996...technology has come a long way, but it has been several years since this crime was in the news, sadly.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2013, 06:45:22 PM »
Here is the last article on this murder dated 2009

http://www.insidehalton.com/news-story/2924951--national-documentary-to-probe-1996-murder/

Dec 11, 2009  |     
 Vote   0     0

Sunshine31

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2015, 12:12:29 PM »
This case really bothers me. I'm shocked that it has not been solved in all of these years. What a terrible, horrible thing to have happen in your own home where you should feel safe from the dangers of the world. Justin (Wayne's son) actually held the flashlight first so he could have easily been the victim here so no regard for human life from the killer(s). I hope they can solve this and give the family some closure.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2015, 11:20:59 AM »
I do believe they know who committed this murder, but do not have the piece of the puzzle to arrest the accused. I believe I read other facts somewhere about this case and there was someone that could have been in the sights of the police, but could not prove it.

PandaBearKitty

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2015, 10:39:06 PM »
Has anybody else watched the videos and thought there was something really OFF in the interviews with Wayne's former boss/partner & son?

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2015, 04:23:29 AM »
I just watched the one video.

Seems to me the father (Wayne's ex partner) and son have issues.  The sons slip of the tongue is what stands out to me....where he is talking about when his dad evicted him from his warehouse.
Son says his dad "basically said he do the same...(trails off).... He'd kill me."    Why does he use the word SAME??

Dad is trying to plant the idea in the family's head that his son could kill Wayne and also be setting his dad up.
Who talks that way about their son?  Unless he is trying to take the heat off himself?

Son goes on to say he is surprised they have not solved it....why is he saying that?   I think he knows, but is not guilty.  Why did the police only talk to him for ten minutes?   They need to talk to him again.

PandaBearKitty

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2015, 11:28:59 AM »
Thank you Jobo.    I agree there is something there and this case needs to be looked at again.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2016, 08:00:38 AM »
I have seen shows where the bomb experts can determine where the parts came from....for example, they determined one of the parts came from a local radio shack.
I wish experts would reach out to each other, when they can't find answers, maybe this case would've been solved years ago.