Author Topic: Nancy Gladue | Unsolved Murder (June 22 1981)  (Read 8245 times)

Robyn79k

• View Profile
Nancy Gladue | Unsolved Murder (June 22 1981)
« on: August 15, 2008, 09:21:44 PM »
Hi, Nancy Gladue was my mother, I just recently found out. I was taken away from her when I was a baby, and just recently found out about her death, Does anyone have any more information?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 06:50:17 PM by Chris »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: EPS Homicide Section 2007 Year-End Workload Analysis/Statistical Report
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 10:00:31 PM »
Hi, Nancy Gladue was my mother, I just recently found out. I was taken away from her when I was a baby, and just recently found out about her death, Does anyone have any more information?

Hi Robyn, Sorry about your mother, that must be very sad to learn. We only know what you would know off the Edmonton site. Since she was your mother, you can go to the police and request an update and more information.

It does seem like an open investigation so someonw there would be knowledgeable about it.

It is not to late to get solved, sometimes a little preasure from family can make the police give it more attention.

Robyn79k

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 05:08:37 PM »
all I know is that she was found on june 22nd 1981, on 82nd st and 167th ave in edmonton. i am trying to get ahold of the newspaper article, i believe she was in crimestoppers too, but i can't seem to find anything else

Lisa D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 11:51:17 AM »
Nancy Gladue is my Great Aunt....I don't know much about her death, all I know is that she was found in a rapeseed field in edmonton June 22 1981. What I want to know is why nothings been done....from what I've heard over the years from family is that they had a suspect, weather this is true or not is hear say. With today's technology if there was a rape kit done, why isn't it being investigated?

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Nancy Gladue | Unsolved Murder (June 22 1981)
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 06:53:21 PM »
Hi Lisa,

I made a whole new thread for Nancy.

I am sorry about your Aunt, thanks for the information.  I agree, they probably do have DNA and it should be checked out. In fact, it would surprise me if they samples have not been sent yet. Sadly, it seems like it can literlly take years to get the results because testing is so underfunded.

Since y'all are relatives of the victims, you can ask the police for an update and get them to check into this for you. I know often the priority is based on who has relatives bugging them everyday.

It would be great if this can be solved, and I do think the police do have a suspect but are short on proof.

Thanks for joining

mushball

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 03:49:23 PM »
Nancy is my Grandmother I was 2 at the time fo her murder and often wondered about her murder and where the police stand in regards to solving it. What is the number to start pressuring someone to continue follow through?

Fraser

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 04:37:21 PM »
For the heck of it I tried to find Nancy Gladue's death registration on Ancestry.ca and couldn't find anything. I have been able to find articles on other people through this web site. Is there any way that she went by a different name (ie; I am called by my middle name but most people don't know that)? Do you know when she was born?

Thanks

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 12:50:36 AM »
I think this is an Edmonton police case... therefore contact the Edmonton homicide division and ask questions. familes who big police to reopen cases are more likely to get them to look into it.

Lisa D

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 10:17:05 PM »
I have her death certificate and the article that was in the Edmonton Journal the day she died June 23 1981.

Lisa D

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 10:20:57 PM »
I talk to mom about this case and she mentioned a man's name, which I can't recall at the moment..my mom did say that the man was questioned..and nothing came of it she said. My mom believes the man that did this to her, she was dating him or seeing him.

Lisa D

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 12:01:03 PM »
This is the news article on Nancy Gladue's passing.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 12:43:46 PM »
Thanks for posting! Very sorry! So is this an unsolved crime they are treating it as?

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 02:28:23 PM »
You should contact the Edmonton Police.  Here in Ontario, the OPP are digging on a property in Apsley because they have info relating to the disappearance from the '70's.  The OPP are also interested a property since they received  info from a disappearance of two young boys, in the '80's in Caledon.

They will act on info....and they should be able to work with you (Nancy's family). 

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2016, 12:57:08 PM »
To the person who is trying to connect with a few members on this thread:

Please create an account and log on. That way you can send a private message to them. When you send a 'report to mod' we have no way of knowing who you are, or how to contact you. 

Thanks,
Debbie