Author Topic: David Shearing aka David Ennis - Murderer - Wells Gray Park - Clearwater, BC  (Read 45600 times)

Red Fox

• View Profile
Thank -you SeaOtter for the time-line. It really does show how much time before and after his arrest that he had the freedom to roam about. Do you know did he ever spend any time in jail for the hit & run that he was involved in? When you mentioned him having worked on a farm in Alberta at one point I immediately thought of Kelly Cook. Her murder too was committed by someone so Brazen in their actions. Shelly Ann Bacsu's disappearance from Hinton in May of 1983 also comes to mind. Hinton is not too far down the road from Clearwater, and it is on the route likely travelled if a person was visiting farms in the province.  I noticed a picture of Shearing on a link in the first post of this thread. I have to think that he had a haircut before his day in court.

Red Fox

• View Profile
While searching the net for more info. on David Shearing I came across another photo of him. It was in an article called "First chance for parole for a killer. It is a side profile view of him. His nose profile is much more noticable in this photo. I think he looks much older than his years. The article says the photo was taken while in custody in 1982. Was he even in custody in 1982?

D1

Could you post a link to that picture or article Red Fox? The comments from some of the people who knew Shearing as a kid are very interesting. He exhibited very strange behaviour right from the start.
see comments folowing article- http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/06/23/bc-petition-against-shearing-parole.html

haunted

not much resemblance, I guess. Always difficult to interpret a sketch though. It is interesting that he was in Alberta working on a farm. Do the timelines line up with Kelly's crime or any other Alberta unsolved?

Des are you able to post a copy of this post on Kelly's thread?

Red Fox

• View Profile
Many people have speculated that David Shearing may not have acted alone in the Clearwater Murders. I know the same things have been said about Kelly Cook's murder. The artist sketch in Kelly Cook's case in my opinion does not resemble David Shearing. Is it at all possible that these two guys knew each other and acted together, and the sketch is of Terry Arnold? It was mentioned that David Shearing owned a 1975 Ford as one of his vehicles. Does anyone know if we are talking a car here or a truck? If it was a car was it perhaps a light colored full size car?

SeeOtter

• View Profile
In Eastham's book, the description of type (car vs. truck) of vehicles owned by Shearing is not all that clear, but if I interpret the context correctly, the 1975 Ford would be a pick-up truck, yellow color.  In the book, Shearing is described a couple of times driving a yellow colored pick-up truck around Tumbler Ridge in 1983, and during the November 1983 interrogation Shearing is quoted as saying "I've got another Ford, a '75, that I drive right now."  So I'm assuming that is the same vehicle.

I've done a few corrections to my post of a couple days ago, typos and all, and added a few details.

The newspaper article mentioned above mistakenly stated that Shearing was arrested in 1982.  Eastham said clearly in his book that the apprehension occurred in November 1983.  The trial took place in mid-April 1984 in Kamloops, according to Eastham's book.

In the book, there is a very clear 1983 picture of Shearing, and in my opinion, there is not much resemblance with the sketch shown above.

Eastham described Shearing as big and broad shouldered, but with a soft voice, a heavy chain-smoker.  He was trained as a heavy mechanic.  While in Tumbler Ridge, he and his buddies specialized in stealing construction tools and equipment.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 03:02:18 AM by SeeOtter »

SeeOtter

• View Profile
Could you post a link to that picture or article Red Fox? The comments from some of the people who knew Shearing as a kid are very interesting. He exhibited very strange behaviour right from the start.
see comments folowing article- http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/06/23/bc-petition-against-shearing-parole.html

D1, when I open the above link, the comments don't show unfortunately.  Can you copy and paste them here please?  (If that's allowed.)  Thanks
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 02:59:58 AM by SeeOtter »

D1

re: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/06/23/bc-petition-against-shearing-parole.html

D1, when I open the above link, the comments don't show unfortunately.

The comments section opens after the rest of the story, it is sometimes quite slow to load. It still works though, (patience required)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Wow this is quite facinating. But since he confessed to his crimes, I ownder why he would not admit to these? Unless of cause he just wanted to take the fall and let whoever else was invovved go free.

remember too, just 2 weeks before Kelly Cook was murdered, some guy from Lousiana was arrested for abducting a girl in carstairs or Olds alberta. Back in 1983, no one knew pedophiles did develop relationships and I have always wondered if that guy had anything to do with any other case? afterall, who decides to abduct a girl for his first time in a different country in a small town?

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
there is a facebook page i came across called "Keep David Shearing Ennis in Prison", for those interested.

Chet, people in the communities of Clearwater and Kelowna's Westside, signed petitions to keep him in prison as well.

Almost 9,500 signatures have been collected on a petition urging the National Parole Board to keep Ennis behind bars.

solvy

• View Profile
I believe this is one sick dude!  He should not be let out period!

Alder

• View Profile
David Shearing / Ennis is again applying for parole.  The hearing has been scheduled for September 18, 2012 in central Alberta.

http://www.kamloopsnews.ca/article/20120514/KAMLOOPS0101/120519881/-1/kamloops0101/wells-gray-murderer-again-applies-for-parole

D1

• View Profile
Thanks Alder, I have trouble believing he is even applying again but I had a little trouble with the story of his four day pass too. The comments and details posted after the story are echoing what people everywhere are saying about the risks to the public.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/11/11/bc-david-shearing-granted-leave.html