Author Topic: Submitting Tips  (Read 4864 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Submitting Tips
« on: March 31, 2007, 01:51:05 PM »
If you want to post a tip you may create an ID and post to the site, but it is recommended you use the contact forum here:
http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?action=contact

We will not compromise your identity if you wish to remain anonymous. Use a fake name and e-mail address if you wish.

We are not associated in any way with any law enforment agency and do not have further information about the cases on the site. But we will forward any tips to law enforment if it is required.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 01:49:59 PM by Chris »

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: Submitting Tips
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 09:23:03 PM »
Chris; I have a question about submitting tips.  Let us just say that somebody has read something on this site and can offer a tip or answer that makes the difference in the case.  A lot of times that could also make a difference in their life.  As we all know, that's why people don't come forward ...fear mainly, but also sometimes embarassment for whatever reason.
So this person can leave an anonymous tip in order to aid in the solving and/or progress of this case - because that tip will get put into the hands of the applicable authorities.
However, what happens in the case of suspected corruption with authorities involved in cover-ups etc. ? Would you open a link of communication with the anonymous tipper and either the person who submitted the topic or the next of kin or concerned party/s of the victim or missing person?
We all realize the reason I'm addressing this issue is the fact that in my nephew, Clayton Miller's case, people have already given tips to authorities and the tips were ignored and/or denied.
I'm sure there are other people who wonder about this as well.

Baba Donya

• View Profile
Re: Submitting Tips
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 11:53:04 AM »
I agree....because that is what has happened in our investigation, with many people...their tips or information was ignored. The authorities did not want their information, and these were people who were credible.