Author Topic: Christine Jessop - October 3, 1984 - Age 9 - Murdered - Queensville  (Read 480036 times)

Woodland

• View Profile
Re: Christine Jessop - October 3, 1984 - Age 9 - Murdered - Queensville
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 07:38:56 PM »
Capeheart - have been saving the best for last today.  I feel your indignation and am very touched by your comments.

I do not praise myself for what I have done - we should all do such things in the face of adversity when we have the capacity to do so.  My rights have been trampled during this journey and I do not take that lightly.  I intend to take back my rights, but at no time will I compare my experience to what the Jessop's have endured, not to mention an innocent man.

I simply have a thicker skin than most - an advantage that no cop or anyone else will ever break.  I am comforted knowing you, and others that have offered encouragement, will be there until I reach the finish line.

Best regards.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2009, 10:43:12 PM »
I am with you all the way. I feel what you feel. When you know the information you have and how valuable it is, I just know in my heart what you feel. I would do the same thing, I would not stop. I wish you all the best and am here thinking about what you are doing and hoping that you are successful.

D1

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2009, 12:58:27 AM »
The DNA stuff does get very complex, so much so that its hard to even encapsulate the theory behind it into everyday normal language. You have done well to bring us along this far with it Woodland. The cop was just talking through his hat in other words, there is no meaning to his claim of an  "enhanced profile". Its the if you can't dazzle em with brilliance, baffle them with b.s. approach. DNA is perfectly suited for that.

I have been reading and researching, enough to know that I have a lot more to learn before I can even discuss DNA with any degree of competency..I think most of us are like that, it's new, it's complex, and most of us are only now seeing how games can be played with that too.

It is something quite significant to have the rules and tests change in regard to this. i am still trying to get my head around all of the implications. Would you have a link to where information can be found on the test changes and how that was to be implimented?

1) I don't imagine the suspect you have identified is in the new data bank?

2) If he were though ...under the new rules..in order to replicate the old HLA test, would that not also require a new warrant even if the suspect were already in the new databank?

3) Any chance of pulling off what Sleuth was suggesting?

Woodland, you said earlier that Mrs. Jessop did not want you to tell Ken..But at some point, especially if pursuing this through the media, he will find out. So why not just contact him and get him on your side earlier? He is a family member and has more rights and justification to push this than anyone. Guy Paul Morin is worth considering also, the three of you working together to some degree, even if it were just jointly signed requests, may pack some added weight..
The media would notice..

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2009, 10:48:28 AM »
One of my favorite docs on this is by Thomas Curran, written in September 1997.  It discusses the history and changes to DNA at that point from Canada's perspective.

Go to the Library of Parliament site - you can then search for BP443e.  It may look scary when you first open it, but he very much uses alot of laymen's terms making it easy to follow.  Note he uses the term RFLP for pre-1997 DNA tests - it took me a while to realize they are HLA tests (Canada vs US terminology).

For clarification - I do not mean to insinuate any games can be played with DNA itself.  One or two people however, can very much mislead the general public especially if they have been given shiny credentials.
We must forever maintain vigilance and accountability from those that we give power to.  I simply want the Toronto Police to back up the claims of two of their people - Neale Tweedy and Reg Pitts - or retract those statements with the same publicity they were given.

What's the problem Chief William Blair?  Hmmmm, I should ask Blair's boss for help - Mayor David Miller.

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2009, 08:22:09 PM »
Want to move on from DNA and tell you about the accidental search of my home on Wednesday, 25 February 2009 by the OPP.  I will keep this text brief for now.  I have witnesses and some names are included - others will most certainly follow.  No one can make this stuff up.

I live in a small town policed by the OPP - a small hint on previous texts.  At 9:10 pm on this particular evening I answered my door and found 2 OPP officers standing there.  They asked me if I knew someone named Elysha.  I said yes - I was thinking of a 22 year-old friend of my 22 year-old daughter - who I barely knew - unfortunately her name is Elise.  All hell broke loose - according to the officers - who I do not blame one iota as they were doing their job - I was harboring a 12 year-old missing child who had made a collect call from my house to her mother - about 5 or 6 kms away.

After an argument proclaiming my innocence - which was clearly not working - I let the officers in to search my home.  Not only did the officers search my home, I began to look around myself wondering what the heck was going on.  My garage doors were open as both my adult children were expected shortly - my logical side said there must be a logical reason - did a runaway 12 year-old girl see my open doors and slip inside to call her mom?

Needless to say - I hope - I was home alone.  My 24 year-old son arrived home while this was going on - he had to park on the street and walk past two cruisers in the driveway.  To some, or most people, his actions would say he was not a guy afraid of running into cops.  They interrogated him in the garage on his movements in the previous hour or so.  Sound familiar?

By this time I had calmed down and said - hey wait a minute, you can't make a collect call from a land line to another land line in the same area code.  If you know the 7 digit number you want - the automated operator would come on the line and tell you to dial it directly.  Duh.  The cops conferred for a minute and ran out to their cruisers.  They came back and said - oh, sorry wrong number, gotta go.

The really big problem with that is - and I checked with Bell the next day - when a collect call is made, no matter from what line to what line - no number shows up on call display.  So how did mommy come up with my number?  And if mommy knew my number surely she would do a reverse look-up - even if she had to use a neighbors computer - and be at my door in short order.

The next day and for 3 or 4 days later, Staff Sergeant Scott Mills could not and would not answer these questions.  It was a simple mistake according to him - get over it.  What he did say was, when they went to mommy's house after receiving the call, they could not speak to her because she was out looking for Elysha.  Where?  Elysha was found a short time later - according to Mills - hiding in a park close to her home, not mine.  I don't know if Elysha even exists!

A couple of weeks PRIOR to this fiasco I was talking to the local drug cop - Constable Andrew Thomas.  More accurately we were yelling at each other, as I was reporting for the third time that drugs were being sold out of a small commercial building I own in town and he was blocking all efforts - in my opinion - at stopping this.  Con Thomas then recited the contents of an email I had recently sent to the tenant I had just evicted and told me how terrible it is to have your home searched by the cops.

Staff Sergeant Mills advised that Con Thomas could have had a very good reason to have spoken to the tenant to know the contents of the email, but did not elaborate.  He seemed baffled by the search aspect.

My lawyer worries for my safety.  My husband thinks I will beat the odds.

Sleuth

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2009, 10:35:31 PM »
Woodland, it's time to start writing a book. I'm serious when I say that. I think your safety is pretty much a given, since you have numerous well detailed, photo-copied documents left in such awesome places. It may be time to think outside of the box and turn what you have around and look at it in a different way with fresh eyes and move forward from there, without, at this point involving the Gestapo.

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2009, 09:38:49 AM »
I do intend to write a book - just need a better ending than what I have now.

Have sent an e-mail to Mayor David Miller's office.  If just one more person wrote as well, it would help.  He can be reached through the City of Toronto website.  Please just ask if the statements attributed to Neale Tweedy and Reg Pitts on this site are true or not.

Today's headline in the Toronto Star - our Federal Government is refusing to allow access to information on them.  We want information and it's being refused?  We have given our power away.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 09:52:00 AM by Woodland »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2009, 12:57:23 PM »
Woodland, as I said before, you need to get out there with a story in the Reader's Digest, W-5, Dateline, 20-20, Fifth Estate, one of those shows. I am sure that any one of them would be especially interested in being party to making this information available to the general public. As you said, this police search was really a farce, it was a way of intimidating you, in my opinion. It is a power to shut you up and not keep saying anything about what information you have compiled. We have seen movies about this and we have heard of other cases which have been done in documentaries. There are a couple of cases on this site of the same coverup attitudes. It is like the police do not want to do their job, that they have to be prodded with a stick to get motivated. There are way too many cold cases, because of sloppy investigation. There has to be more investigative police, real police that want to solve the crimes and not just take home the paycheque. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 12:59:04 PM by capeheart »

D1

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2009, 03:03:45 PM »
The term  "enhanced DNA " is being voiced by Police once again in another older case. As noted, one of the suspects in that case was also a person who seems to have police protection from prosecution..Once again DNA was only obtained from those willing to provide a test sample.
http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/topic,57.msg29415.html#msg29415

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2009, 05:21:40 PM »
Capeheart - will retry every place and person I have gone to so far.  I once approached a retired Crown Attorney that I met on a casual basis.  I thought he might have taken the time to listen - his wife said it was impossible and improbable that any of what I was trying to say was in any way accurate.  In writing.

I have been beaten down, ignored, laughed at and intimidated - but I will keep on keeping on until my questions are answered.

Sylvia Searles of Mayor David Miller's office replied with some disturbing info - the Chief of Police in Toronto does not report in any way to the Mayor (as is done in other places).  DM no longer sits on the Police Board - the Police Board sets objectives, priorities etc for Toronto Police, but there is a law in place that prevents them from being involved in any day-to-day matters.
She forwarded my email to Chief William Blair as this falls within the Chief's purview - so I need to call the Chief with my concerns.

In all fairness, if Chief William Blair reads this, I believe 75% of the info will be new to him.  I believe the other 25% will have been presented in a new context to him.

The Jessops and the public need his leadership skills more than ever.  I believe he has the leadership skills required.

In all fairness to Detective Reg Pitts - I believe he has been misled.  We just need them to stand up and say so.  Maple Leaf Foods will ride out their public misfortune because their leader stood up said we made a mistake.  Once you say that, there is nothing left for anyone to comment on.  It's over and people move on.

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2009, 05:43:50 PM »
D1 - the context of 'enhanced' DNA in the case you are referring to seems to be that they can produce a profile - using DNA technology not available to them at the time.  I do not see that anyone is saying they can enhance an existing profile.  I can enhance my home decor but I cannot enhance an existing DNA profile.

With all due respect - you have said you do not know much about the subject of DNA.  You are beginning to skew the exact and accurate views I am presenting, which I have backed up with facts that can be verified by anyone interested in doing so.

D1

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2009, 06:18:55 PM »
Apologies, not meaning to "skew" anything.. Maybe just educating myself. Your posts were the first that i heard of the term "enhanced DNA." It was a police officer using the term. The article I linked to showed another police officer using the same term in another case. Tht made me think that there is an official meaning to the term in LE, it is being used by others, therefore I may be able to find a definitive meaning to the term. Mr. Pitts may be interested in learning the true meaning himself..

This aspect of DNA old/vs new tests is of importance and relevance in other cases as well as Christine's..I am not clear on it all yet, maybe others aren't yet either....the U.S. vs Canadian terminology further complicates the issue. I will educate myself on DNA profiles elsewhere though, please carryon.

P.S I did have a couple of other questions in previous post, is your suspect's DNA in the databank? Just trying to understand the procedure one would have to follow to get a suspect retested in order to compare to old DNA results..

« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 06:27:46 PM by D1 »

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2009, 08:01:24 PM »
D1 - what people don't say is far more revealing than what they do - cop 101.

I moved on from DNA - what do you think of the 'accidental' search of my house and the interrogation of my son on a supposedly missing 12 year-old girl by the OPP?  A search and interrogation that is full of holes that they will not elaborate on?

Surely you feel as much indignation with this as the non-disclosure by the scientific world in the change of DNA markers between HLA and PCR-STR tests.

PS - you need to understand the subject before getting to the procedure - I do know the answer to your question though.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2009, 09:27:04 PM »

PS - you need to understand the subject before getting to the procedure - I do know the answer to your question though.

Woodland, just curious as to why you would choose to respond to someone asking a question in such a way, instead of answering it. There are others who read here too that would probably be asking the same question.

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2009, 11:35:49 PM »
debbiec - you are correct and I apologize to D1 for my lack of patience.  Please play devils advocate on anything I say - it makes me think over what I have learned to be sure I have thought things through.

The 2 men that I know to have committed previous abuse to a child in Queensville are not in the DNA database.

My brother made an interesting comment when I approached my family with what I should do with the info revealed to me by this victim - he said the matriarch of this family is the one that should have called police after Christine was found.  She had first hand info at the time - more so than the OPP officer - and a duty to her community to be sure justice was obtained for the Jessops.  I still think about that from time to time.  I only met her once and she exudes unhappiness.  She put an end to the abuse immediately after she found out - but 3 years later had another child with one of these men - a girl.  I hope she escaped any abuse in her childhood.