Author Topic: Jessica Estabrooks - August 23, 1996 - Age 20 - Murdered - Moncton  (Read 22391 times)

Desespere

Jessica Estabrooks
DOB:
COD:
Date found: October 21, 1996
Location found: Beaumont, NB
Date last seen: August 23, 1996
Location last seen: Moncton, NB

Jessica Estabrooks ? August 23, 1996 ? Age 20 ? Murdered - Moncton ? Jessica was last seen on August 23rd, 1996 as she walked home along Killam Drive after finishing her shift at the Burger King restaurant. On October 21st, 1996, partial human remains were found along the banks of the Petitcodiac River near Beaumont and were later positively identified as those of Jessica Estabrooks.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/nb/prog_services/unsolved_crimes-crimes_non_resolus/index-eng.htm

[Modified to replace old link with current link]
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 04:23:38 AM by Desespere »

Sheri

• View Profile
Re: Jessica Estabrooks ? October 21, 1996 ? Age 20 ? Murdered - Moncton
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 06:03:04 PM »
This to this day saddens me deeply.  I went to school with Jessica and she was so quiet and sweet.  Who would just murder such a sweet person.  There are some really sick people in this world.  I hope the killer is found and then friends and family can rest easy and Jessica will finally be able to rest in peace.  Miss you Jess.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 08:52:00 PM »
Hi Sheri; it's good to see you post this - sad however to face, yet another we are not all familar with, who was taken away needlessly, heartlessly. I tried the link and it no longer works -sually the way with police links.  It's like they don't want anybody interferring with the "work" or something like that.  Maybe if you have that initial information, you can copy/paste it here. It might help....a lot of eastern Canadians reading here...so we have to keep trying.  It would be nice if we could, at least, do right by pubicizing, and talking about this...maybe somebody will have a "change of heart" and help solve this by letting the rest of the country know what they know about Jessica's last days.  Sometimes people know something and don't realize it could help paint a picture of what happened to her in the end. 

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 06:47:54 PM »
When people are young they have no fear of walking home from work. It was probably late when she left work and it could have been someone she knew who offered her a drive and she took it or she could have been abducted. It is hard to know, but everything should be checked out on persons she may have known who were in the area that could have picked her up. Keep the case alive and keep it in the media and get some attention going on this and maybe someone will come forward. Is there any reward money, this may help. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Browning

• View Profile
Re: Jessica Estabrooks ? August 23, 1996 ? Age 20 ? Murdered - Moncton
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 01:28:41 PM »
here's the new RCMP link to all unsolved murder near Moncton, where Jessica appears...  hope they can someday get who did this!

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/nb/prog_services/unsolved_crimes-crimes_non_resolus/index-eng.htm

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 05:25:14 AM »
Thanks!

That is wonderful, hope it helps.

kristadb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 09:15:09 PM »
Every so often I check online to see if there is any news about Jessica's death. We used to work together and were connected by marriage.  I have my own thoughts on what happened but regardless I hope there is eventually closure for everyone who knew her.

Jessica was a wonderful person. So sweet and kind.

Edsonmom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 11:39:58 PM »
Kristadb, welcome to the forum. I am so sorry for your loss. It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this, if you are willing to share them with us..
I pray, that you all will find the answers you seek, and have closure to such a sad case.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 11:27:56 AM »
There are so many unsolved cases in N.B., it is unreal. I mean what are the police there doing. They better get extra homicide investigators in that province, because the record for solving hard core murder is very poor. They do not have a very investigative force in that area. I mean the periods of time between the murders is a gap, so full focus should remain on the homicide at hand. A very poor record, that is all I have to say. I would be going crazy if it was a my family member murdered and had to wait years and years for any justice to come for the victims. These cases should be brought to the forefront, a special done on TV and focus on each case, W-5, A&E cold cases, whatever, but answers should be forthcoming in those cases.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Jessica Estabrooks - August 23, 1996 - Age 20 - Murdered - Moncton
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 12:15:17 AM »
Sorry for your loss. I hpoe the police have a theory as to what happened and take a look once in a while to see if this is solvable. I do think it is and am sure one day, it will get solved. Someone outthere must know something and one day that brave person will do the right thing.

Lookingforyou

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 10:15:25 PM »
I remember this well and have been digging around to see if I can dig up some facts that are not allready public but havent had any luck as of yet. The family deserves closure

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 10:47:09 PM »
Agreed!

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 04:02:32 PM »
Here is an article from the year 2,000. - Wonder whatever became of this new look into the case?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2000/12/04/murdercase000104.html

Police taking another look at four-year-old murder case

Last Updated: Monday, December 4, 2000 | 10:42 AM ET

CBC News

Police in Moncton are putting the unsolved Jessica Estabrooks homicide case in new hands. Peggy Estabrooks, the victim's mother, says she hopes the move will produce the answers she wants to hear.
Estabrooks says her daughter has been gone for four years, but it almost feels unreal.

Jessica, 20, the eldest of her four children, disappeared on Aug. 23, 1996. Two months later, her skull was found on the shore of the Petitcodiac river. Her body has never been found. Now police are taking another look at the case.

Estabrooks says she isn't sure how optimistic she can be after four years. "It's time that we should put it to rest," she says. "But it's not really possible. It's in the back of my mind every minute, every day. I'm hoping someone out there might help."

Jacques Ouellette, head of the Major Crime Unit in Fredericton, says the file is in new hands now because of personnel changes. But Ouellette says that's a good thing. "There's a new fresh set of eyes that don't know anything about the case whatsoever," he says. "By doing this we make sure that we've dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's and maybe get some new direction from this member."

Meanwhile, Estabrooks says she keeps busy just to get through each day. But she says it won't be time to move on until she knows what happened to Jessica.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 07:18:13 AM »
I'm just wondering if they have looked into Romeo Cormier, the man convicted for the mall kidnapping of the Moncton woman. This guy from the area took a woman who was walking to her car. He claims she was not the only person in his history to have harmed. Perhaps there are more skeletons in his closet than what is already known.

maybehope812

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 12:57:18 AM »
That is a good point, Concerned, about that kidnapper Cormier. Something to keep in mind.