Author Topic: Idea's????  (Read 13304 times)

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
Re: Idea's????
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 10:12:08 PM »

;D ;D ;D

THX lostlinganer. I hope you will find more information, and I also have you and your family in my thoughts.You sure are a great writer! And in your face tuff, Ha!, I like that.You are very acute, and that is a gift. Thank you for being here...

Im_new_here2

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 04:51:35 AM »
I dont think this site needs to be changed to much maybe a little rearranging here and there my only wish is that we would all put some thought in to these crimes and actually try to solve them throe in our theories just more communication on each subject .I have noticed in almost any subjest u look up even the biggest in the news  theres allways 4,5,6 pages at most and also it seems like the ones that gets the highest resilts are simply because for some people on here its happened some where near you ..theres other cases as well and i think we need to bring them to light not just the ones in edmonton or sask..

Shwa

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2008, 06:03:23 AM »
"and i think we need to bring them to light not just the ones in edmonton or sask"

You can't ask a seedling to produce fruit right away.  As more people find their way to this site, there will be a leveling of growth I think and that means more people from other regions will logon.  We have to be patient for this growth.  If there are more folks from Alberta and Saskatchewan right now, that is fine.

The other side of the coin is that you don't want to spread the brains too thin - that is, throw a lot of information at too few people and expect good results.  Since I am a newbie, I have decided that I will take a close look at a few and see what I can come up with.  That is all I am able to do for now...

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2008, 07:30:29 AM »
It's important to share your link; you'd be surprised how who doesnt know it.  The first time I ran into this site, I hit the police unsolved site first....some folks hit that and think that's the only ....but no comparison!
I made it a point to include this link in blog postings on "My Space" and also on "Facebook".... now every time I check my stats on these sites, I see someone has used the links I supplied.
For anyone who doesn't know how to do that with the "feed" or if you haven't created a list of favorites on your private sites, you can just cut and paste and include it in any blog or comment anywhere!
The best sites I've found online, happened because people had used the name of sites in their comments....then they just show up as automatically in Google searches.
For example:  If you google "NS Power" , one of the results you get is Mary Miller's Space because my space has comments about NS Power etc.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 09:11:26 PM »
That seems like a logical and versatile tool Des.  Blogs get picked up by the feed if the site accomodates it.  Then it shows up in all kinds of search engines when people hit on an exact name or phrase.  Sometimes I use what I said here in blogs on "My Space".
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 04:24:35 PM by lostlinganer »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 09:28:14 PM »
Chris, I do like the idea of the biggest mysterys and unsolved cases in Canada, that would be really neat. I am always interested in ones that are in that category. Hot topics as you say. Very good idea. Looking forward to seeing some new information. Thanks for all the Canadian information.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 12:24:01 AM »
Maybe, just a thought, but is there any way we can incorporate a blog somehow, a Daily feature case - I can supply the direct link on this site to that daily feature case. Would blogging help get the word out?

Yes! I'll get that setup. Great idea!

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2008, 12:25:54 AM »
Chris, I do like the idea of the biggest mysterys and unsolved cases in Canada, that would be really neat. I am always interested in ones that are in that category. Hot topics as you say. Very good idea. Looking forward to seeing some new information. Thanks for all the Canadian information.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I like the idea of that too. I think it will help generate interest in some of these cases that are really old and or shocking. I really hope to get some time this weekend to work on stuff, but since my wife went to Home Depot last week, my hands and feet have been drafted.  :D

D1

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2008, 05:08:36 PM »
Great Site for keeping up interest in the older cold cases but could also become a valuable tool for solving a case. Putting two and two together. There is this rat stigma thing becoming more and more prevalent in society. People do with hold information for various reasons. A little guilt and curiousity could cause a person to look up info on a long ago crime they have info on. If it was made so easy for them to submitt info and spelled out that they were absolutely and completely anonymous, more info may come in. I am suggesting that a link to the anonymous tips line be provided on the main page.
D1

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2008, 12:00:45 AM »
I think that's a gread idea D1;  clearly, most people want to unload bad memories about crimes...especially when it's been festering in their sub-concious for years ... what better place!

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2008, 01:50:19 AM »

Wow!!! That is a FANTASTICO!!! idea.

The average person, does like to share. Bad memories, good memories, or even info on a crime, or another idea. I know I am here In Edmonton, where this site started for the Missing/murdered STW"s, and what happened to them.

WE need insight, lots of theories, no tunnel vision.I am happy you are all here. We have murders and missing all over Canada.

WE don't care about your spelling, we need as much feed back as we can get!!!!Don't care if you post from a library or cyber cafe, we want your opinion! :)    Adrian  ;D ;D ;) :-[ :-* :( :o :o ::) ::) :) :) :) ;)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2008, 10:03:16 PM »
Great Site for keeping up interest in the older cold cases but could also become a valuable tool for solving a case. Putting two and two together. There is this rat stigma thing becoming more and more prevalent in society. People do with hold information for various reasons. A little guilt and curiousity could cause a person to look up info on a long ago crime they have info on. If it was made so easy for them to submitt info and spelled out that they were absolutely and completely anonymous, more info may come in. I am suggesting that a link to the anonymous tips line be provided on the main page.
D1

Great idea. I would prefer people contact there own police dept, but there may be something to letting people just leave something here for us to forward. We are just regular folks so I am not sure about being qualified to do this, but it could help.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2008, 10:25:29 PM »
I was just noticing that you might have to be around this site quite a bit before realizing you could leave a tip on here.
 :-\wouldn't it be a little more easy to spot (encourage) if a tip thread were on the "home" or main page instead of having to go into "support" to find it?  I could be thinking wrong but it just seems that if I was new to the site, I probably would have no idea I could leave a tip on here.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2008, 05:00:32 AM »
I'll do that just as soon as I figure out a few things. I need to know for example what kind of issues might I face if I do this. It seems simple enough, but I would hate to ever risk the chance this could lead to some really bad legal problems for me and or risking this site having to be shut down. I'll get a day soon to figure that out.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2008, 12:58:23 PM »

:) :) :)

Hiya! Chris, Haven't been well lately, but to add, that if a person has information, and they don't want to talk directly, face to face with a police officer, they can use a phone booth. Crazy? Not really!

If a person with info, is afraid of retaliation, but want the word out, it is better than nothing. With the killings here, I took the approach of face to face. But I sent an e mail first with some info on it. I was wrong then, but it helped my co worker, whose complaint it was.