Author Topic: Nancy Cooper- Murdered  (Read 3474 times)

Masdivnator

• View Profile
Nancy Cooper- Murdered
« on: July 18, 2008, 10:01:53 PM »
I was watching the news a few days ago and the police, (I think), had just found a woman's body.  I'm not sure at what time, but apparently she was missing for about thirteen (13) hours and the husband didn't even report her disappearance.  She was in North Carolina.  EDIT: The husband also bought bleach at a convienence store at 4;00 A.M.,  if he were to use bleach to clean some of the blood up, if he did murder her (not saying he did), then it wouldn't clean all of it, just some of the material of it.  But he could also poison her with the bleach, all he would have to do is trick her into drinking it or put it in some other edible thingy, but with the way things are said that went on at their home, I don't think she would fall for it.  Anybody could poison a person, not just one particular individual.  But if he did, then he could bring her body out on the route her body was found on.  There could be millions of possiblities, maybe he's a person that can't stand having a non-clean house?  But I think what the police and investigators should do is think and try out all the possiblities of how she could've been murdered, but obviously with a test dummy, and then eliminate the all-too-obvious things that was stuck from the beginning, and then after they're done that, which they probably won't be done until they finally solve the case, is then focus more on the people that she had conflicts with and people that were close to her, question them about major and MINOR problems and things that happened in her childhood that might have effected (every little detail will help this case), after that, narrow down the suspects and take them in for a polygraph if they agree and take them to more advanced questions, but still tail on the small ones.  This could take up to three or four years, but in my mind the husband is a bit suspicious, here's a list to why I think this:

1: They had problems, I believe it was most with their marriage and that's why they were probably getting a divorce.
2: The husband did not report her after ten (10) P.M, but instead decided to report her disappearance thirteen (13) hours after she left, which is a bit odd to me.
3: He bought bleach at a convience store at 4:00 A.M., bleach can be used for cleaning up a lot of things (I think it's bleach that can be seen where it was used by using an UltraViolet light).
4: The husband, in my opinion, might have some health problems because of the fact tha he tried to commit suicide this winter, which could make him a bit dangerous to the children, I would think.

Now, I'm not saying that it is the husband that murdered Nancy, I'm just saying that he's, in my opinion, a bit suspicous because of all the stuff that had happened during this year that could relate a bit to the murder.  Sorry if I offended anyone, but this is just mostly my theories that I just posted, I'm open to hear other people's opinions and theories also about the murder: EDIT

Here's a link, a lot of information  http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080717/EDM_custody_080716/20080717?hub=TopStories

Her death is quite unfortunate, my heart goes out to her family, I especially hope her children will be okay.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 10:37:16 PM by Masdivnator »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Nancy Cooper- Murdered
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 10:58:33 PM »
Hi Masdivnator, I heard a tiny bit of this case myself but not enough to really have formed much of an opinion. The fact that you formed an idea of what you think may have happened is certainly not offensive to anyone. That's really what this site is about is people brainstorming and adding their perspective to things. Everything that you said by the way, seems logical and makes sense.  You also stated that "there could be millions of possibilities". That kind of thinking will keep you're mind open to other  people's opinions. Don't ever be afraid to give you're point of view it just makes it more interesting seeing as we all see things differently.   
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 05:02:26 PM by debbiec »

Masdivnator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 12:07:18 AM »
I just did a bit of thinking and also find it a bit suspicious that, in my mind, it feels like a fair amount would have to include the husband, because of his two attempted-suicides in life, and the fact that one was this year, the emotional abuse to her and the fights, it would be possible that he could have something to do with the murder, from something small to about a lot.  And also, maybe the murder was attempted by a group of up to 3-5 people, or just 2.  I believe that a lot of murders that may seem like it was done by one person was probably thought out by two or more people, but at the same time they could also make it seem like someone else did it. 

Whoever murdered her could've set up a plan to make everything work for them.  The person(s) could be making it look like the husband did the murder, because that's what it looks like right now to me, but it still doesn't explain why he went to the store to be a bottle of bleach.  The people are probably mentally ill, in this theory.

Now, the person(s), in order for it to work, would have to threaten Brad Cooper to make him buy the bleach to clean up most of the work, but if that were to happen, they would probably make him clean it up and not them because it would seem logical for them to make the husband clean their "dirty work" in case they were to be discovered.  People would have to do a lot of thinking and time to plan the murder.

The police and investigators would have to ask close friends and family if they saw anyone familiar near them whenever she went jogging if a friend came with her... now, then again, the group would probably send a different person each time to study her behavior and record her routes and the times that she jogged.  After they did that, they would have to go to the next step, planning how to attempt the murder. 

To do that, they would have to choose the most logical weapon of choice (unless if they are heartless enough to just kill her with anything, but I think they wouldn't want to be caught) that would work best and would be less predictable.  Now, let's say they choose a rope.  They would all hide, the whole group, and wait for the perfect time.  Once they jump her and commit the murder, they would bring her to the place where she was found four days later.  The body would start to emit a foul odor by then, so they would have to hide her pretty well, and after the murder is committed, Brad is informed and he reports her disappearance.  But, the weapon of choice would be instantly found out because of the rope marks it would make.

Now, the reason why they would want to kill her is probably because they know about the problems she has with her husband, and then after finding out, they attempt the murder because they would probably be close minded

That's just one of the alternatives, the murder, I don't think, included a rope.  Besides, I don't think anyone would think of making a plan this logical, its too logical and I think they could care less about the couple's problems.

Now, here is the other alternative.. get ready for some other big paragraphs.

Let's say two people were to plan it this time, let's call them Bob and Joe.  Bob and Joe are people who live in the neighbourhood the Coopers' live in.  They know about the fights that the two have and the gossip about them filling out divorce files.  Bob and Joe are mentally ill, but no one knows it because they haven't committed a crime yet.

One day, they decide to threaten Brad Cooper, just like the group of people did in the first theory.  Brad gets a bit worked up about it after they say that they are going to hurt him if he doesn't get them some bleach in a few days, so Brad, frightened about his physical being, goes along with them.  Let's say Brad doesn't pay attention to Nancy whenever she says she's going for a run, so he listens up for the next few days.  After that, the three then start to plan the murder, and from the information I had seen, the murder was probably planned in a week.

Let's say they choose a plastic bag.  Nancy says she's going for a run, after she leaves, Brad phones Bob and Joe.  They go to where Nancy said she was going to run and gets ready for the attack.  As Nancy is running, Brad comes up to her, distracting her.  Bob and Joe run up from behind and puts the plastic bag over her head and ties it.  There you go, murder done.

With this committed out of site of other beings, they carefully drag her to the place where she is found dead.  After that, Brad goes home and informs the police that she is missing.  Now, with the plastic bag, evidence would be left behind... signs of struggle and possibly a piece of Bob's or Joe's hair would be stuck to her clothing if they tried to restrain her, this would probably be the same with the group attack, a small piece of evidence would be left behind by one of the killers.

The reason why I included Brad Cooper is because I would suspect because of his suspicious acts.  I'll post any other theories I have this week.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 12:17:01 AM »
What is interesting about this case is that the police were quick to work with the media to get information out... but since they got that warrant they pretty much shut up.

It seems when the police shut up in circumstances like this, they have all the evidence they need and an arrest is likely going to happen.

Masdivnator

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 12:32:55 AM »
What is interesting about this case is that the police were quick to work with the media to get information out... but since they got that warrant they pretty much shut up.

It seems when the police shut up in circumstances like this, they have all the evidence they need and an arrest is likely going to happen.

That's a good thing that an arrest would be the action that they would most likely take after getting the evidence they needed, I believe for that to happen the police would've probably worked out most of it in a quick, safe and smart way. 

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 04:22:52 PM »
Well at least this time they are searching the home for evidence and getting their ducks in a row. I feel she was murdered by her husband, it's the classic "getting a divorce scenario". He was also having an affair. He was not acting kindly to her and it was noticed by others. It is great that the children are now with the grandparents and they will be safe, they have temporary custody. They went right down to NC and thank heavens got a responsible judge to hear the matter.
The children that were killed in BC earlier would be alive if the Justice of the Peace had have kept him locked up for his actions. The police wanted to hold him and they let him out and he killed his beautiful children. His wife should also be charged, she knew he was a violent individual, she had left him in the past.
We are early in the Cooper case, but I will bet charges will be laid. Her friend was the one who reported her missing. Hope it is solved really soon. I don't know if we can keep up with all the wives that are getting murdered when they are seeking a divorce. She just should have left and taken her children to her parents, just go, get on a bus, call someone to come and get you when he is out of the house. Go with the clothes on your back if you have to, but go before it is too late.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Im_new_here2

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 04:42:31 AM »
iS that everyone oppinion ..that he shouldnt be allowed to have the kids untill they figure this one out..For me i will say yes but give him supervised acess for now just because i really wanna beleive that we are all innocent untill proven guilty no matter how much os an A-Hole he is / was....

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 08:23:39 PM »
Kind of a lot at stake, especially where they are searching the home. Sometimes they kill the children and how do you know that they are safe. I go along with the grandparents caring for the children, the less trauma they can have at this time is good. The sister and her mother and father would be able to handle things a lot better. They indicated they were seeking the proper advice to give to the children to explain about their mom. I do believe they are in the right place and away from the media circus that would surround the home and area where they lived in NC. In Canada they would be kept out of the spotlight and given some normalcy with nanny and grampy and their aunt. They obviously had seen arguments between their mom and dad.  Hope it all gets ironed out in the near future.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)