Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: Carla Gail Strickland - June 5, 1991 - Murdered - Dartmouth, NS  (Read 9628 times)

Desespere

http://www.halifax.ca/Police/UnsolvedMurders

Carla Gail Strickland ? June 5, 1991 ? Murdered - The body of Carla Gail Strickland was found in a wooded area off highway 118 near Lake MicMac at approximately 12:00 pm on June 5th, 1991. Carla was last seen alive in the area of Albro Lake Beach in Dartmouth at 7:00 am on the morning of Monday June 3rd, 1991
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 09:29:42 AM by Desespere »

peripeteia

• View Profile
Re: Carla Gail Strickland - June 5, 1991 - Murdered - Dartmouth, NS
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 12:01:55 AM »
Desespere:

Greetings, thanks for posting the information on Carla Strickland.  I am wondering if you could
provide a bit more information regarding Carla's last sighting, it is stated that she was last seen on
Albro Lake Beach at 0700, was she with anyone there.  Recently someone told me that she had
been out with her friends in downtown Halifax the night before she went missing, and that is the last time anyone saw her.

If she was not with anyone, who is it that reported seeing her. If this is not public information or evidentiary to this case please send me a message on this board.

I have some information which might be benefical, however before going to the police would like
to have some facts.  If you cannot provide anything then will contact the police, even though
I don't seem  to have where she was last seen correct.

I can no longer remember what was said in the news over the radio, and unfortunately I do not listen
to the news on television. Thanks for your assistance...respectfully yours, peri

Lighthouse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 08:00:16 AM »
On June 5, 1991, at 12:58 p.m., police responded to a report from a citizen who had been walking along the north side of Mic Mac Lake, Dartmouth, adjacent the 118 Highway, when he came upon a body of a deceased female. Upon police arrival, the victim, Carla Gail STRICKLAND, was identified as the deceased. She had been the victim of murder and left at this site.

The investigation revealed that the victim spent the evening of June 2, 1991, celebrating a friend?s birthday at a popular Halifax club, then went to Albro Lake Beach, Dartmouth, with three male subjects where they hung out until dawn. At approximately 7:00 a.m. on Monday, June 3, 1991, Carla STRICKLAND was reportedly dropped off by one of the men at the Tim Horton?s on Wyse Road, Dartmouth, where she was reportedly going to use the pay telephone at this location. Carla STRICKLAND was not seen alive again.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 09:28:24 AM »
peripeteia, Des, Lighthouse; I wonder if this case might be active again - I tried the link Des posted originally, and it doesn't work anymore (at least not for me) ...maybe an indication it's being looked at again and authorities took it offline.???
No matter how many of these we read on here, I still get amazed everytime another goes on so long without a shred of conscience bringing evidence forward.  Definitely, at least one person knows who is responsible for this, and I hope he or she rots in hell.  ...but we all know that in most of these cases, there are others that either know about the crime, or know someone else who does. ....they should rot in hell too!

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 09:36:17 AM »
There goes her description!  Police closed the link.

mauvelilac

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 03:22:28 PM »
Is it possible they(the police) solved the crime?

Lighthouse

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 07:35:09 PM »
Sadly, the Carla Strickland info is still up on the Nova Scotia government page under the Justice Department as an unsolved case

peripeteia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 09:20:46 AM »
On June 5, 1991, at 12:58 p.m., police responded to a report from a citizen who had been walking along the north side of Mic Mac Lake, Dartmouth, adjacent the 118 Highway, when he came upon a body of a deceased female. Upon police arrival, the victim, Carla Gail STRICKLAND, was identified as the deceased. She had been the victim of murder and left at this site.

The investigation revealed that the victim spent the evening of June 2, 1991, celebrating a friend?s birthday at a popular Halifax club, then went to Albro Lake Beach, Dartmouth, with three male subjects where they hung out until dawn. At approximately 7:00 a.m. on Monday, June 3, 1991, Carla STRICKLAND was reportedly dropped off by one of the men at the Tim Horton?s on Wyse Road, Dartmouth, where she was reportedly going to use the pay telephone at this location. Carla STRICKLAND was not seen alive again.

Thanks for the information Lighthouse, I presume that these men have been questioned extensively, and hopefully the last one to see her has been investigated as to his veracity. This brings to mind if anyone saw her at the Tim Horton's, seems like an odd place to drop someone off, then again don't know where she was going...or where she lived..Wyse Road is a ways from Albro Lake Road, and Albro Lake Road is closer to the Mic Mac Rotary, which it is no longer called...

Anyone know where Carla Strictland lived, she was from Blockhouse, N.S. but I do not know where she lived at the time of her murder, or where she worked.  Also, would be interesting to know if she just met these men, or they were known to her? 

peripeteia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 09:39:38 AM »
cannot get the link to work on the initial post on this thread, Carla Gail Strickland is still
posted on the HRM site of murder victims, have included her picture here.  What a tragedy,
beautiful, smart, and her whole life ahead of her, and nothing can be found of what happened
to her. Somebody knows something, please come forward to law enforcement if you have any
information regarding Carla or who might have caused her harm, she deserves justice like all victims of crimes against the innocent.

http://www.halifax.ca/Police/UnsolvedMurders/murderinfo.asp?VictimID=42

huggy1003

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 12:49:49 AM »
Thanks for this site everyone. I am Carla's uncle. She is not forgotten by no means.
Thanks to you guys, to still keep the person on the edge for what he did to Carla, my family hasn't forgotten. She "was" a great kid.

Oh by the way anyone reading this and knows information to this murder
there's $150,000 waiting for you. So please feel free to get a hold of me.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 01:12:58 AM by huggy1003 »

peripeteia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 03:23:52 AM »
Thanks for this site everyone. I am Carla's uncle. She is not forgotten by no means.
Thanks to you guys, to still keep the person on the edge for what he did to Carla, my family hasn't forgotten. She "was" a great kid.

Oh by the way anyone reading this and knows information to this murder
there's $150,000 waiting for you. So please feel free to get a hold of me.

Thanks, and hopefully your family can find some answers soon, as the person who harmed her might be hurting other women/persons. Also, her parents need to know what happened. Finding justice might be a stretch however, one can only hope.

Perhaps, police have overlooked the possibility if perhaps the perpetrator might have been someone from her past, old boyfriend or possible perp. who lived in the area. Wondered if the police checked out the area where she grew up for any perps or sexual offenders who lived near by, there seems to be no lack of these everywhere.  Just wondering if perhaps police have not found out anything because they are looking in the wrong place for a suspect?  Given the stellar job that law enforcement did in determining who killed Clarissa Boudreau, I am asumming that they have investigated neighbours, friends, and perps in the area? Just a thought!

Thanks for posting and sorry for your tremendous loss.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 03:25:54 AM by peripeteia »

Chris

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 12:13:22 AM »
Thanks for posting! Glad she is not forgetten, I hope someone out there will take advantage of this reward!

justice janie

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 08:58:00 AM »
Beautiful girl with a bright future, it appears the last persons to see Carla was the three males who shared her company at Albro Lk Beach, if she was dropped off at Tim's which seems odd what transpired from there, was there DNA found on Carla's remains and if so was it tested and compared with the three males who shared her company at the beach? There is not a lot of detail as to what evidence was left behind to work with, usually in a cold case such as this the answer to what happened in the file once revisited, I don't picture this girl accepting a ride home with a stranger, it appears she may have been somewhat familier with the person responsible for her murder, a complete stranger somehow I don't think so.
It seems that someone had plans for this girl during the night's events and took advantage of the situation when Carla was alone meaning away from the others.

Baldrick

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 08:58:00 AM »
I knew Carla... she was the most loving person I have ever met and I miss her every day.....

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 01:22:40 PM »
I have to agree with justice janie;
It seems that someone had plans for this girl during the night's events and took advantage of the situation when Carla was alone meaning away from the others.

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here