Author Topic: Persistence Matters | Case solved in Houston TX after 23 Years  (Read 1641 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
I had exchanged e-mail with the daughter of this victim in February. She was very determined to make sure police arrested the woman who killed her dad. She pestered the police often.  Anyway, the woman was finally arrested last night after 23 years as a POI. Good job to Pam who proved again, that to get the police to stay focused on a case, a family must be a huge pain there butt.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.txcn.com/sharedcontent/dws/txcn/houston/stories/khou080708_tj_coldcase.388860ad.html

HOUSTON -- A murder mystery that has baffled police for almost 23 years may finally be solved. The suspect was a new bride at the time of the killing, whose story to police about her husband's death in 1985 just did not make a lot of sense to the murdered man's daughter.

Roy Joe McCaleb was shot and killed inside his Houston home in September of 1985. His wife at the time told the Houston Post, as well as investigators, that a man raped her and killed her husband as he slept.

Carolyn Krizan-Wilson also said that the attacker had assaulted her once before and that her husband had been killed when the attacker used a gun that she kept under her pillow.

Police never found the man Krizan-Wilson described.

Furthermore, McCaleb's daughter said she never believed her stepmother's story.

?After the funeral, I started thinking that this don't make sense,? said Pamela Nalley. ?(After) talking to detectives, nothing made any sense.?

For the last 22 years, Nalley said she would call and check in with detectives. Each time the answer was the same ? nothing.

However, last year she called the Houston Police Department's Cold Case Squad and found out there had been a break. New forensic technology had helped crack the case.

On Tuesday, Krizan-Wilson was arrested and faces charges of killing her husband.

?I started crying. I got real nauseated. A lot of old feelings come back up,? said Nalley. ?Finally, justice is going to be served to her.?

Interestingly Krizan-Wilson was charged in 1986 with bigamy, but those charges, according to court records, were dropped due to a ?lack of evidence.?

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
Re: Persistence Matters | Case solved in Houston TX after 23 Years
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 02:21:57 PM »

FANTASTICO!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Never give up, just Keep on Keeping on!

Im_new_here2

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 11:07:43 PM »
its not persistance.its time that solves these old cases ..its splits between couples its scorned women men being drunk at bars and opening there mouth but most of all its time and technology waiting for it to catch up i know nothing about that case in texas but ill bet this much...if it was solved in the last year or too it coulda been sloved relativley sooner say maybe 6 7 years due to DNA but it may have been her persistance that got ger dad to the bottom of the pile...is it right hell NO but is it true hell YES..

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 12:30:46 AM »
but it may have been her persistance that got ger dad to the bottom of the pile

When there are thousands of cold cases to investigate, the police are going to focus on the ones that they are being bugged about. That is human nature. That is why loved ones should keep bugging them. If they need more investigators, good!