Author Topic: Clayton Miller | Unsolved Murder (May 1990) New Waterford, NS  (Read 501877 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile

Clayton Miller died sometime on the night of May 4, 1990, after New Waterford Police raided a local teenage hang-out known as "the nest."

His battered body was "discovered" Sunday, May 6 prostrate across a shallow brook, by two friends who had gone looking for him. The body was clearly visible from a considerable distance.

Eye witnesses in the same area on Saturday have come forward to state there was no body at "the nest" on Saturday.

At the time of his death, Clayton Miller had a blood alcohol content of 120 mg (0.12).

A magisterial inquiry concluded "there was no culpable negligence on the part of anybody which resulted in the death of Clayton Miller."

Opinion evidence put the cause of death down to a rare phenomenon known as "dry drowning" - a spasm of the larynx and pharynx caused by the entry of cold water into the oral cavity, which prevents breathing, resulting in immediate death.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Re: Clayton Miller | Unsolved Murder (May 1990) New Waterford, NS
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 10:05:36 AM »
I am placeing the petition link here; so you know there is a petition out for Clayton. http://www.gopetition.com/online/21878.html

Clayton was a seventeen year old boy who did one thing wrong; he attended a pre-planned outdoor party at a secluded area which was raided by police.  The party was planned weeks before; and every teenager  in town knew about it (even some partents - Clatyton's family did not know about the party), and so did the police.   They were already in the area waiting to strike .... one supposedly "off duty" out walking his dog.  With radio communication and a few carefully logged complaints of a disturbance....they waited until the kids were  partying enough to be jumped by surprise.  It was a good opportunity for a few local bullies to have a time roughing someone up, and a prime chance for the newest rookie cops to try out techniques they had recently learned at the police academy. In general, it was a time when people were getting roughed up a lot; and people being dealt with by out-of-control rookie cops,were having close calls with "the police choke hold"  and mace....(nowadays, that type are out of control with Tasers).

Needless to say, that Friday night of May 4/1990, and during that raid, Clayton disappeared off the face of the earth from the party place which for years was known as "the nest".  The following day, Saturday, the nest had its' usual after-the-party visitors picking up spoils ..... lost items from the night before and the usual thirsties looking for unopened beer that may have been lost or stashed the night before.  .....all the usuals walking the brook.  I must digress here, to say that even one of the officers (later) testified to having walked that brook on Saturday.  When asked by Elizabeth Cusack Walsh, as he described walking there "and what did you make of the body?" the officer responded; "There was no body."  (..talk about one of their own caught off guard...remember these cops are testifying to set a scenario that Clayton fell in the brook and died there) at which point...Chief Doug Crowe jumped up and frantically ran to the judges bench...(hands swinging and mouth going...upset to the point he knocked Judge Hugh Randall's nameplate off the bench... (and of course distracted the inattentive, nose picking demeanor of the judge ... a demeanor - reflective of somebody who had to sit there un-interested because he was, simply, being paid to do a job - that being to preside over the INQUIREY and keep the truth from coming out. However, Crowes reaction also pointed out the fact that Judge Randall was not the one in charge...clearly, it was Crowe and lawyer for police, Chuck Broderick) and thereby demandingly put Randall in his place... at which point Randall lashed at Elizabeth Walsh with a vicious " there will be no more of that line of questioning Mrs. Walsh!"  ..........and that beyond-bogus lack-of INQUIREY ....is a whole other story....a story not unlike an old Wayne And Shuster comedy skit...where it doesn't matter how accurate or outrageous the content ....it's not real anyway!

I am modifying this post to note that you can jump ahead to page 4 to view morgue photos (prepare yourself)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 12:55:06 PM by lostlinganer »

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 02:26:56 PM »
  Hi! It seems to me that Clayton was doing what most teenagers do at sometime, partying, and having fun. I raised 4 boys, and this story stinks. First the cops see the body, then they don't. I saw the pictures, and they look like he was dragged. I am so sorry that this happened, and that there was a possible cover up.

I read your poems, and they were beautiful.He was so lucky to have an Aunty like you, and may peace come soon. (((hugs))) I hope this is looked into again, by the law. Take care... :'(

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 02:35:05 PM »
Hi Lostlinganer, I have read all of you're posts and I think this is a horrible thing that happened to this young guy. I know what you think happened and certainly I am not being rude or disrespectful, but curious. I am just wondering if there is any solid evidence that it had anything to do with the RCMP or if there are any other possibilities such as the fact that he could have gotten into an altercartion with one of the other party goers and then that was covered up?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 05:03:27 PM »
I also only live about 30 miles from where this young man was found dead. There was so much controversy for so long about this death, it is hard to know what happened. I do not think the truth will ever be known. I guess only the young people that were with Clayton that night know. I remember distinctly when it happened and I know how his father for so long looked for justice in this matter. I haven't heard anything about this case for such a long time and was surprised to see that it was on here. Will the truth ever be known, someone does know if Clayton was murdered by police it is just the most horrible crime that ever could happen. Hope to hear some more comments on this.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Maureen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 09:20:17 PM »
First I want to thank you Chris for starting this website. I am Clayton's mother and I want to let everyone know that we have never stopped fighting for Justice for Clayton and we will continue until we get justice or die trying.
This has been covered up by all levels of government and by both police and RCMP. It is covered up because of the people responsible. If this had been done by regular citizen, it would have been dealt with long ago. But when the former chief of police son is up to his neck in this what do you tink is going to happen. The police chief will protect his son.
I was asked about the Fifth Estate doing the story on Clayton.
I contacted the Fifth Estate in the early 1990's. I sent them material and they were very interested at first and then I didn't hear anything from them and when I phoned them they said the expense would be too high. I didn't beleive them. A couple of years later a journalist from British Columbia did a story on Clayton and he also called a producer from the Fifth Estate and asked her if they had heard of the case and she replied yes. When asked why they were not doing this story the journalist was told they had been stopped by someone in government. She knew who it was in the government but wouldn't tell the journalist.
Right now I am preparing a letter to the RCMP Public Complaints because they said the RCMP did a good job and there is no evidence that Clayton's death was foul play. There investigation only went as far as reading the RCMP files. That was a waste of time because I can show where the RCMP falsified statements and also name a person who was down at the brook on Saturday May 5th 1990 and gave an affidavit stating there was no body in the brook. The RCMP will not question this individual. Also a may add that the RCMP were involved in the raid that night.
What we need is a Royal Commission to put everything out on the table and question the people who need to be questioned. There are onlt 2 questions that need answering truthfully and this case will be solved.
1. What is the true cause of death- and go with the evidence.
2. Where was Clayton's body on Saturday, May 5th 1990. We know he wasn't in the brook, but he died at approximately 3am Saturday May 5th and his body wasn't found until Sunday, May 6th.
If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask and if I know the answer I will tell you.
Again Chris, thank you very much.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 11:02:56 PM »
HI Maureen, thanks for joining. I am glad you appreicate our site.

This is truely a strange case. What shocks me most is that CBC's fifth estate cowardly gave in to government preasure. From what I have seen of them, they love shows where cops are the bad guys. There must be a lot more to this story. NO way the expense was too much, they get 1.4 billion dollars a year and fly all over the world for there stories.

Yes I do think this is something that one way or another needs to be settled. It is not sitting well.

I really hope you get what you are looking for, teh truth needs to come out. And I noticed the police chiefs son was mentioned, I assume that means he was somehow involved?

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 04:26:12 AM »
If one thinks back to the 1990's and media coverage in general up to that era, it was the time of the Conrad Black reign....a time when everything that went into print was scrutinized to make sure it did not go against those in power.....especially here in Cape Breton.  It seems like the change all came about in the last few years.  The powerful "old boy's club" has just about lost its grip.  I'm sure if this was all happening now, it would have been different. oh, we still see it of course at the local level where who you are and who you know still dominates, but it's not the stronghold on media that reigned when Clayton died.  I'm sure if the truth be known in 1990, and those guilty of putting Clayton to death and those who covered it up had to face the "now" population of reporters and citizens, it would have been handled differently.  You cannot wake up people overnight in this respect.....people who have lived here all their lives....where it's a important in your dull Cape Breton life, if you walk down town and the local cops give you a friendly hello or a politician comes up to you and shakes your hand because he knows your father etc. etc.
If nothing else came out of Clayton's death, it is the fact that everybody knows that this area chose to live in that collective denial for centuries ...wanabe/s
are a very real and very dangerous threat to justice and fairness anywhere. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 07:33:50 PM by lostlinganer »

Maureen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 08:02:10 PM »
We were given the pictures that were taken by the RCMP of Clayton after he was brought to the hospital. These pictures clearly show handcuff marks on Clayton's wrist. The RCMP tried to say these marks were from his watch. Clayton didn't own a watch. At Clayton's wake, his cousin Jude placed his watch on Clayton's chest because Clayton had told Jude he had liked it. When Clayton's body was exhumed 3 years later, according to the re-autopsy the watch had been placed around Clayton's wrist. Who put it there? My husband and I were the last to see Clayton before the coffin was closed and the watch was still on his chest.
Also in these pictures you can see a footprint on Clayton's chest. The RCMP won't even answer this one. You can clearly see the bruises and cuts on Clayton's face. He also had bruises on his legs and torso. The police officers lawyer (Chuck Broderick) at the inquiry asked one of the doctors if it was possible with all the bruises Clayton had if he had fallen from a plane.
Chris, you asked about the police chief's son. Yes, he is very much involved. They tried to say he worked the desk that night but we know for a fact that he was at the nest. We also that this same officer was kicked out of the RCMP.
When his father wanted to hire him people of this town didn't want him because of his record with the RCMP. We also believe that he confessed to murdering Clayton. A number of years ago he was diagnosed with cancer in the kidney. He was supposed to be cancer free but when he went to visit his doctor in 2000 or 2001, his doctor told him the cancer was back. He thought he was dying so he confessed. Our telephone starting ringing at 7:30am the morning after the story was told at a club. Everyone was talking about his confession. At approximately 4pm that same afternoon after receiving dozens of phone calls I phoned the RCMP and told the officer about the phone calls I had been getting and the same thing being said, that the officer had confessed to killing Clayton. This officer informed me that they were recieving the same calls, he said he was going to call his superior and would get back to me. When he did he said they were going to send out 4 officers in plain clothes and see what was going on. A short time later I recieved a call from the RCMP officer that was looking after Claytons file and he said he was speaking to the Associate Chief of Police and was told that the officer had gone in for his checkup and was told by his doctor that the cancer was back and they couldn't do anything for him. That 3 weeks later he was contacted by his doctor and told he had been reading the wrong x-rays. He had been reading the ones where he first had the cancer. I asked the RCMP officer what he was going to do about this and he said nothing. NOTHING, a police officer thinks he is dying so what would anyone do if they did something as horrific as he did. This same RCMP officer was the same one who was given questions to answer by us and in his reply he didn't answer any.
There is so much to this case. I could go on and on. People who read and see the pictures can't believe that having so much evidence and nothing done about it. One thing Clayton's case has taught me his that power in this country is corrupt. One thing about power is that they protect power and the little people are no bodies. One thing people have to do to get justice in this case is ask their politicians about it and ask what they are going to do about it.
This could happen to any family and what it leaves is a big empty spot that can never be filled. Even if we do get justice, we still loose because Clayton won't be back but at least these beasts won't be walking the street with a badge, gun, billybat and tazer pretending they care about our safety. And as far as police that know what happened and don't do anything about it might as well did the act themselves. There are good police and good RCMP, we just haven't found any yet.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 12:12:19 AM »
You know what would be wonderful? A nice one page website, with all the information laid out in a easy to read, graphic free, simple font format like a book with a domain name. These online mysteryies generate a lot of interest. If you have a recent version of MS WOrd, you can make that page into a website in 3 seconds.

I know you made some nice sites with live.ca etc, but a site with it's own domain can really get popular fast as long as it is simple and clear. Being on that justice site is great, but then that sites credibility can limit how much people will believe what they read.

Then make a simple press release, pay the $100 or whatever it is to have a service send it out, and see what happens.

If CBC does not have the courage to run with this, others will.

lostlinganer is right. Media now, is not the same as before. In the USA, major news pretty much ignored murders of black kids or any black people at all for that matter, then Fox News showed and started to, so the rest began. No media gave much crap about dead hookers anyway until websites and specialty cable shows started to sound the alarm.

The difference between 1990 and 2008 is as great as the difference fro 1900 - 1990.

If you do get a domain name, a Candian company at doteasy.com can get you setup cheap. $40.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 08:49:39 AM »
Chris; you are right.  However, back in the 1990's, we saw the Injusticebuster's site put out of commission so many times by the powers that be....and as of this year, that site is just sitting there not being updated since the spring...since Sheila Steele passed away.  It has always been my understanding that it takes a lot of money to buy and maintain a domain; and needless to say, my family has never recovered from the debts incurred in the 1990'S ...paying legal fees to get information that should have been public knowledge...paying over and over for every little legal act ...My brother eventually spent upwards to $240,000. trying to bring out the facts which the Police and Government had unlimited tax payers dollars available to suppress at every corner. (I express all this in my posts on http://lostlinganer.spaces.live.com/)
None of us have that much computer technology savey either... I do my best to keep the story out there by posting my message on my personal web pages; but most people visiting personal web pages are just social people ...most of whom are on personal sites just to post brag pics or boast about their family and life to other social people who do the same thing.... these are not people who want to face the likes of what we have been dealing with for 18 years....most don't want to go there.... rather live in denial (until the day something happens to their teen...most people on these social sites feel the worse thing happening around here is the government not keeping fuel costs down and other political issues)  ....that is precisely why I post on your site ....I surfed into that site while looking for people who are like me....had enough...not afraid to speak up...not living in denial because reality is too tough to deal with.
At least by posting on your site, our story is being seen by people who really care and people who have been touched by corruption and/or injustice.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 02:42:05 PM by lostlinganer »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 07:35:37 PM »
OK great, posting here is terrific! And yes, it will be seen and I hope this case gets resolved in short order.

We've had people attempt to knock us offline too, but I won't let that happen  ;D.

That is a lot of money spent thus far on this, it is horrible that so many resources could be spent with no result.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 08:21:22 AM »
I was going to get Maureen's permission to say what I have to say right now....but guess what....I am over 60 years old and so tired of reliving all this pain and waiting for authorities to address all of what my brother and his wife know...............I assure you, if I was younger or had the money, I wouldn't be doing this, I would do what people in the town have always done..........they always "forget it" or "play stupid and quietly even the score themselves!
you would never believe all the information about Clayton's death and how it was covered up, that my family received.........so I'll just tell you what I know and have every reason to believe to be true about the weekend of May 4,1990 to May 6, 1990 - what my brother and his wife need the help of the authorities to prove NOT COVER UP ......quite a bit is covered on the injusticebusters site...but not this- and in another post after this, I will tell you why I'm so sure of this all being true....I have to write it all up....so that is yet to come.........

This was my email to Chris this morning in answer to his question about where this case stands legally today.

As far as the authorities are concerned Chris;
the case is closed....don't forget, it is the authorities we are accusing of cover-up; that is why when I first posted, I put my comments under general discussion of our justice system.
Maureen has the dates of all the correspondence, official charges etc. ...
1. The only reason this is not in court is a matter of money....have you any idea what kind of money it would take to fight the justice system on their turf when they have unlimited tax dollars to use against my family. As recently as two weeks ago, Gervy and Maureen received the latest offical letter turning them down for further action....(that means at the Governments expense)
2.  Don't forget; My brother and his wife officially filed charges before 2000 - however, there is no time limit when it's murder....if or when this ever explodes, they have to  be prosecuted.
3.  Aside from somebody confessing to this murder publically (and in a manner where it would get to the public before the police, because if the police knew somebody was talking, they would get to them and soon that person would change their mind).....there is so much to fill you in on... for instance one person came forward who was present at a home not far from the "nest" area ... where it all went down....... two thugs named Donald "Duck"Mac Neil  and his cousin "Willie Mac Neil, who were at the nest that night, (this Donald being an adult and Willie also older than the teens at the nest) apparently that Friday night...arrived at a nearby home, where a few men were in the garage working on a car....these two, who were friends with the owner of this home, arrived bragging about booting this young fella so badly ....Donald "duck" was suppose to have remarked that when he got tired booting him, Willie started and he couldn't stop him... that the kid must be dead ...whatever... anyway, one of the men present at that garage eventually came to my brother and got it off his chest...telling my brother that Donald and Willie burned their bloody clothes at that garage....this gentleman signed a statement to that effect and he and my brother had it notorized by the local priest.   
4.  This would explain why while other kids got hauled into the police station that night, one of them questioned why the monitor was on a body (dressed like Clayton) in a lone cell apart from other kids.
When this girl asked; "was the person in that cell alright"...(because he was just dumped face-down onto the bunk in a manner by which the young girl said she figured he couldn't breathe that way) one of the cops simply reached and turned off the monitor.  Then, instead of charging all those teens and keeping them, cops sent them home (this was something they don't do....they would never let a teen go without charging them with something like, noise or mischief or drinking under age.)  ...and whoever was in that cell was segregated because they stuffed all the other kids cramped into one cell on first arrival at the police station. This girl showed up at the public inquiry and asked to testify because she had remembered that this was Clayton she had seen in that cell....Police lawyer, Chuck Broderick, gruffly asked her "well what did he have on when you saw him on the monitor?" and this young girl said "a red sweater and black pants"....answering this way because Clayton had been with them all evening and apparently had ran with them when the police raided the place, so she knew what he was wearing (please keep in mind that this was a young girl who had just been through the tramatic experience of recalling or realizing that it was Clayton who was segregated in the other cell, plus she had been drinking that night and everything happened fast and had to be quite frightful to a young girl...not a treasured memory).....however; upon answering  Broderick's question, Broderick lashed at her with; "your lying; the monitor is black and white." so this testimony was dismissed.
5.  So there's two very real scenarios....of how Clayton spent his last moments.....there's tons of other things we know that lead us to believe both scenarios true.... that he had been beaten and booted badly by those two thugs then later, dragged into a police cruiser and dumped into the cell.....taken to hospital hours later (after they got rid of all the kids from the other cell),  taken from the hospital - because he was beyond help and they (cops) knew they were in big trouble, stashed until they could decide how to cover it all up, then dumped back at the nest on Sunday morning (and all the cops had to do was step up the degree of harassing and intimidating the teens so all involved would keep their mouths closed and forget all about it)  as seems to be the way things are done in New Waterford.  There have been a number of questionable deaths in New Waterford .... people always choose to forget about them.  That is why I want to get people opening up on a web site.  There's been more than one murder in New Waterford for sure!  ...everything gets covered up.

Chris; whatever happened to Clayton; we know one thing without a doubt........he was finished off by a "choke hold"..... and remained in that  "choke hold position until rigor mortis subsided.

Maureen and Gervy have never gone public with the Donald Duck and Willie story...they pressed up until about a month ago, to have the authorities address this issue.  The final answer yet again from the authorities is they see nothing wrong.  ..... it would take writing a book to tell you all Gervy and Maureen know, and all they've been through.  Nobody should have to go through all this without help or action been taken.

PS....Chris; maybe I should have expressed a bottom line when I told you the previous two scenarios- the ultimate goal is a "Royal Commission" to look into the handling of Clayton's Case....from the act of police not co-ordinating -  off - but also then contaminating the scene when his body was found.....May 6,1990 and denying that one Willie Mac Neil was taken in for questioning (due to the fact that RCMP had received a complaint from a family in River Ryan stating that Donald Duck Mac Neil and his cousin Willie  Mac Neil had been at their house, hours before, wanting to borrow money to "get out of town because they had just beaten and booted a young guy so badly that they figured he was dead") to the fact that the RCMP still refuse today to admit they had officers involved in the initial raid of "the nest" and cover-up of Clayton being taken in by police after being badly beaten - to the fact that everybody who was questioned during the first inquiry, (by RCMP operatives Tacker and Barnes), were intimidated to the point that each one ultimately decided they knew nothing (once Tacker and Barnes got through convincing them that there were putting young officer careers at risk - plus the pensions of other experiences cops so they had better be awful sure of what they were saying.... (I mean is this anyway to try and get kids to admits what went down... or is this the way of saying "keep your mouth shut because if Duck or Willie don't shut you up, we will!) .......Bear in mind that the Mac Neil thugs (known in town for beating up on people -now that I'm older, I realize they can't be that tuff when all they can beat are kids and woman or men that are drunk and even then they have to outnumber whoever they tackle) had the cops over a barrel because the cops finished Clayton off .......and the cops had the Mac Neil cousins over a barrel because the family from River Ryan had reported their crime.  I must tell you here that the family from River Ryan had a son who just so happened to be with Duck and Willie when they beat Clayton; and also that the Mac Neil family (parents of these thugs) were close friends of the family who reported the incident and after all was said and done, the River Ryan family retracted their complaint and statement and said they had made a mistake.................................WHAT A MISTAKE....THEY HAD REPORTED CLAYTON BEING BEATEN AND BOOTED TO A PULP WHEN NO ONE EVEN KNEW HE WAS MISSING!!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU SEE WHERE WE ARE COMING FROM WITH THIS.............sorry for screaming but I still end up crying and fit to commit murder myself.
I will add more later about my own personal experience of the Donald Duck and Willie scenario.  I can only handle so much of this at a time....then I cry for an hour and write some more ....sorry!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 06:52:19 PM by lostlinganer »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 10:05:30 AM »
My heart goes out to this family. What an ordeal they have been through and it looks like it will be ongoing. I'm not real clear on why the RCMP would have covered this up if in fact he was beaten by those two thugs. Are you saying that they picked him up already beaten at "the nest"? I am confused because you had written in you're last post that their was a young girl that said that Clayton had run with them when the police raided the party. So I am unclear as to when he was beaten. I am just trying to get a clear picture of the way things went down. I also have a hard time understanding why hospital staff wouldn't have kept him there if he was in that condition when taken in.  There has been a lot written and it is kind of hard to keep it all straight when you don't know anything about the incident.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 11:27:36 AM »
ok.....I keep thinking everybody has read most of the information that was posted on injustice busters.
First of all, the nest was raided several times that night....that area is bordered on one side by Scotchtown (RCMP turf) and for the greater part it is bordered in town (New Waterford cops turf) Many people say there were RCMP vehicles that came in on the Scotchtown border, but the kids ended up in New Waterford Police Station.  Clayton could have been badly beaten after his friends ran because they did get separated from him.....we don't know every detail surrounding the nest just the information we managed to obtain.   The cops could very well have found him in that condition and thrown him into the paddy wagon.  There was one young man who said he saw them put Clayton into the wagon....he told other people etc. etc...Maureen could tell you more on that one, but this young guy backed away pretty quick ...I myself met the paddy wagon as I was coming into town that night and my husband and I noticed somebody slumped over against the back window motionless...and the wagon was coming from the station...not going to it....of course that could have been Clayton because we believe they did take him out of the police station after they let the kids go.
One woman came forward with the information that one cop the next week said that when he finished the night shift, Clayton was still in a cell......she risked her marriage and life to come forward much later with that information (creating a family riff) and the cops ended up making her out as an emotional disturbed individual....ruined her life. (that's on injusticebusters or in one of the press items you get in google search)http://www.injusticebusters.com/index.htm/claytonmiller_dimmock.shtml               then long after that, my brother (Clayton's father) was at work at NS Power when a co-worker quietly related the story of his wife (a nurse at the hospital knowing about Clayton being brought in and the doctor refusing whatever the police were requesting of them???I suppose in regards to helping cover it up?)  when asked by my brother to give a statement, they changed their story...again Maureen could tell you more clearly...there were so many of these pieces of info where people were frightened off..but Maureen documented them all.
We are in the same position; we don't know when who did what to him at what time.....we just know what we are telling you.......there is so much that went on that night....time frames need to be established, which is hard to do until people come clean........people like the River Ryan family ..........as far as the hospital staff who would know through actually being there or hearing from other staff, you have to realize that it's a small town and most of the nurses, doctors, teachers, and police in that town are a very close-knit click. At the time of Clayton's death, Chief Doug Crowe and Mayor Jerry Marsh owned that town....now it's only fair to assume none of these professional people who know the truth are going to come forward and reveal themselves as being part of the cover-up all these years..and most of them wouldn't want to because of the status and nursing pensions they hold today....there are only a few type of people in a small town....those who belong to the clique that runs the town, those who wanna belong, and those who stay out of their way..I suppose my family is guilty of being of the latter until this happened to Clayton....a rude awaking from denial that one was reared on.

...... It's impossible that Clayton just fell and landed in the police choke hold with his left arm behind his back right up to his sholder blade, and his right arm in the position of trying to claw an arm from around his neck..... so how could he end up this way?
1. Was he conscious and struggling when they came upon him after being beaten? they were very much into practicing this "choke hold".
2. Was it somebody else that Donald Duck and Willie had put the boots to and maybe Clayton received all the damage from the cops?
3. Did the ones that beat him (if not the police) also put him in the choke hold?
4. or was he beaten to a pulp..then picked up and tossed into a cell ...then ultimately just put out of his misery via the choke hold by the cops before dumping him?
The police expected the public to believe that someone falling into a brook didn't put their hands forward to break their fall...and that they drowned with no water in their lungs.

..... here is what I personally know that drew me to my scenario/s.

Shortly after Clayton's death, I began attending the court proceedings at the police station, ( proceedures reflectant of Hazzard County where Cheif Doug Crowe was referred to during breaks, as Boss Hog) I would mix with the crowd during recess and hear people talk of how they were roughed up etc.  and I would talk to these people and ask them to talk to the police commission.  ...(there were many complains to the police commission and many interviews...a few on television as well...people showed bruises and broken bones etc. they received) but that is a whole other story...anyway, while attending proceedings this one day in particular, I was sitting talking to one troubled young man, who asked me for a cigarette; I gradually brought Clayton's name into the conversation and other people joined in as always..... talking about how the police murdered him.... after a bit, this young man and I were alone on the bench when another young man ....maybe 19 or 20...I'm not sure....approached and asked me if I would give him a cigarette, which I did.  As I continued talking about Clayton with the first guy, this second guy butted in saying in a cocky manner; "yeah; the RCMP picked me up for that the next day, and tried to pin it on me" then he laughingly added; "but I got about 100 people who will say I was at a house party." ........well, this guy had no idea who I was.  I sat patiently through the proceedings to catch his name so I could tell my brother that the police tried to use this guy as a scape goat. I made sure not to say I was Clayton's aunt; then finally, his name was called for some kind of fighting..mischief charge ....I was only interested in his name so my brother could go see him and maybe get a clue as to what he might know about the police involvement.  His name was Willie Mac Neil.   I wrote it down and gave the info. to my brother who faced Donald Duck at his own home and asked if he and his cousin Willie had beaten Clayton.  Donald flatly denied even being at the nest.  We let that go and just kept gathering information as it came.  A year or so later....(my old mind fails me on time factor that far back) I was working at the Needs Convenience Store in Sydney; it was during a hot summer and on the way home at around 5 o'clock, I met up with my husband (my fiance at the time) at River Ryan bridge to cool off with some evening waterskiing.  When I drove into the parking area, my fiance was already there and had walked over to the campground talking to the owner, Paul Grezel.  Mr. Grezel told my fiance that I was doing a terrible thing displaying those pictures of my murdered nephew in my car windows (which I did all summer with the caption "murdered by Police").  Mr. Grezel told my husband "that family is blaming that on the wrong people!" and at that point enlightened my fiance about the MacNeil cousins.  Well, needless to say, we couldn't wait to get to my brother with that.  So my brother and Maureen went to Grezel's and found out about Donald Duck and Willie coming to their house the night of Clayton's death wanting to borrow money to "get out of town."  Mrs. Grezel and her daughter-in-law, I believe, phoned that information into the RCMP.  So! after two years, we stumbled on the reason the RCMP had taken Willie in for questioning the day Clayton was found dead.  Shortly after that, the Grezel's said they had made a mistake and the RCMP said "there was nothing to it."
Then again; years after that, a gentleman came forward who was at a house near the nest where Willie and Donald went to take off and destroy bloody clothes that night.
So I ask you, what conclusion would you arive at?  What would you do?
So there are three hugh reasons (too much to be coincidental mistakes) that lead to the Mac Neil boys having beaten him.......my God; what other conclusion is there on that.
In my next post, I will explain the personal contact that sealed the fact for me, that New Waterford Police had Clayton that night and finished him off!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 09:13:49 AM by lostlinganer »