Author Topic: Clayton Miller  (Read 3815 times)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Clayton Miller
« on: July 04, 2008, 08:23:32 AM »
"Silence in the face of injustice is complicity with
the oppressor."
Ginetta Sagan

April, 2008
Clayton

Anyone from Cape Breton who knows the name "Miller" and has read my poems "The Only Justice" and "The Man Behind The Sign" would realize what inspired me to write these two pieces.  Clayton Miller was my beloved nephew. He was brutally beaten and heartlessly murdered; and his murder is still wrapped in silence.  As is the case in all unsolved murders, the family and loved ones of the victim ultimately become victims as well.... victims of the pain of their loss, victims of unconsious or cruel silence, and worst of all victims of "no closure".  Not having closure is painful enough; but when those left behind face this because of outright "injustice" and "corruption", it is overwhelming and unbearable.
 .......Please folks, if you have heard anything; or even if you have grown older and want to get it off your
chest...if you worry about your own teens or children, please let me know if you hear or know anything about Clayton's last night
on this earth.  People cannot bury it forever...and eventually get fed up running from thugs like those two....what about Sheldon? 
did Clayton step in to help him?....please talk to me .....people who were there that night ....or even if you know someone
else who is afraid to come forward...if they told you...I will keep your confidence....
From the first outward heinous act of not even roping off the scene - to the fact that the father of one of the cops (who just happened to be the chief of police) and his good friend, the mayor of New Waterford, had phoned the authorities at the out-of-town crime lab ordering Clayton's evidence destroyed; thus began a horrific and heinous path of injustice and corruption that unfolded from the confines of the New Waterford Police Station, ultimately to the steps of parliament .... picking up corrupt officials through whatever "old boys club" favors, promises, threats, promotions, relocations out of town, stalking and intimidation of possible witnesses, oppression of young witnesses (imagine having an announcement made on the highschool P A system stating that any student who attended the inquiry would be suspended)....whatever and however they did what they did ....all the way up to the prime minister.

It will always be my most important quest in life to find and/or bring about justice for Clayton.  I am so very proud of my brother Gervase for standing up to the injustice and corruption all these years.  ....the first man in the history of this town and probably this country to stand up to this viciousness till this very day. ...still carrying his sign openly accusing them of his son's murder...still braving the glares of these monsters...still knowing that so many know so much more about that night ....still hoping that the kids who know and saw what happened that night will grow up enough, or grow strong enough, to step forward and face their fears by telling the truth. I am so grateful to, and proud of the staunt hearts that maintain the Injusticebusters Site ....who have kept Clayton's case public all these years, despite pressures put on them contantly for standing up for the victims of injustice.  Injusticebusters link displays the morgue photos of Clayton's battered body;  I am displaying the School Photo taken of him before his death.  I warn you his body photos are not easy to view, so prepare yourself if you decide to go ahead to the link.  And if his condition deeply shocks you, just imagine how much worse he would have looked if his body hadn't been kept in cold conditions all Saturday and Saturday night.....if they hadn't finished him off with a choke hold before the natural process of bruising had time to take effect.  If you do go there, you will see what we had to face on May 6, 1990. Rigormortis had begun to subside, but he was still clearly in the position of a police choke hold.  His wrists were badly marked as though from handcuffs too tight. http://www.injusticebusters.com/index.htm/claytonmiller.htm
Mary
read the rest of the story on my space: http://lostlinganer.spaces.live.com/

« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 09:46:22 AM by Chris »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Clayton Miller
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 09:57:30 AM »
Wow, this does seem like a very very horrible case. Is the lawsuit still going thru the courts? Are the police even investigating this as a murder?

I am glad the family is puching for answers. It is surprising that we have not heard of this case yet.

I also made a thread under Maritime Unsolved about this. I really hope the truth is known soon about this, it is incredible.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 01:47:06 PM »
Thank you Chris. ... the Clayton Miller case has been in the news in the early 90's and again each time his family tried to break the corruption surrounding it.  Clayton died in a "police choke hold" .... he is not missing .... the justice "I mean injustice" system claim the police were not involved in his death.......go to injusticebusters site or my space and decide for yourself!
http://lostlinganer.spaces.live.com/

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 12:20:38 AM »
It does seem very suspicious for sure. Has this ever been featured on a show like 5th estate or anything?

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 08:35:55 AM »
I sent this link to Maureen Miller (Clayton's Mom) to have her answer that question for you....I didn't want to mis-quote anything....you should be shocked at the answer to this question; but in light of the fact that members of this site pay a lot of attention to the corruption going on in the injustice system, and if you have visited injusticebusters or my personal space (http://lostlinganer.spaces.live.com/) you will not be too surprised.  Maureen and I both could not access this site at all yesterday; I just got the link working this morning. you should receive a comment from her soon.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 09:19:35 PM »
Maureen Miller left this answer to your question Chris....on
"My Space" this evening....she works until late and undoubtedly cannot get to reading up on this site and joining to post.... I'm sure she will though...in the meantime, she left this comment on my personal space:

I first contacted the Fifth Estate in the early 1990's. They contacted me and wanted more info, which I sent. They were very interested at the beginning but like many others they would tell me there was no money to send an invetigator down to investigate because it would take too long and the cost was too high. A couple of years later a journalist in British Columbia did a story on Clayton's case and he contacted a producer from the Fifth Estate and asked her if she was familiar with the Clayton Miller case. She said she was.
When asked why they wouldn't do a story on it he was told they had been stopped. The journalist asked her who stopped them and she told him the government. He then asked her who in government. She told him she couldn't tell him. She knew who it was but didn't want to say. This is an example of how the government controls the media on what they are allowed to report. I have the names of the journalist and the producer. This is one of the reasons we are still fighting for justice 

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 11:14:20 PM »
This is an example of how the government controls the media on what they are allowed to report

Ain't that the truth. Thank goodness for the internet. I posted a larger response in the other thread.

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 08:49:11 PM »
Clayton's mother Maureen Miller has joined this topic....find more under the other thread which is listed under Maritimes- Missing People And Unsolved Murders