Author Topic: Mississauga, Ont., another charged, in the family::  (Read 3074 times)

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
Mississauga, Ont., another charged, in the family::
« on: June 28, 2008, 03:26:03 PM »
This just sucks, and not only that, that teenager, was killed for what she did not wear.!!!!She did NOT want to wear the hijab, and wanted to wear Western Clothes!!!  I think that people in this situation, and still follow the rules of where they come from, should get a grip, and realize they live in Canada. Of course many teens want to be part of the crowd, and do want to dress, as the teens here.  Jeans, t shirts, etc...

By THE CANADIAN PRESS

MISSISSAUGA, Ont. -- A 27-year-old Mississauga, Ont., man has been charged with first-degree murder in connection with his teenage sister's death last year.

Aqsa Parvez, 16, was strangled to death in December 2007 and her 57-year-old father Muhammad Parvez was charged with first-degree murder after allegedly telling police he killed her.

The teen's friends said she had feared for her safety in the days leading up to her death because she had clashed with her family over her reluctance to wear a hijab and her preference for slim-fitting "western-style" clothing.

Her brother Waqas Parvez was originally charged with obstructing police but was arrested Thursday and also charged with first-degree murder.

A Peel police spokesman said investigators believe they now have the two primary suspects in the murder although the investigation has not concluded.

"It is still ongoing and there may be other people that did have involvement," said Const. Samantha Nulle.

The investigation led police to believe they had enough evidence to lay the additional charge against Waqas, said Nulle.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Mississauga, Ont., another charged, in the family::
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 04:23:23 PM »
This just makes me sick. We have a large East Indian population here and this type of thinking is prevalent in it. I think that things need to change somehow so that when people come into our country they realize that they must abide by the laws of Canada and may have to change their thinking. For instance if you are a police officer you will not be allowed to wear you're traditional head dress seeing as when you are a police officer in Canada they already have a cap that is part of the uniform. You certainly will not be allowed to carry a sword or any other type of weapon in the name of you're religion. This is Canada and the laws that we have here should be for everyone who chooses to live here.  I'd like to see what would happen if we went to a foreign country and decided that we would make our own rules. We'd probably be lined up against the wall. I don't see why there is such a draw for people to come here if they don't like anything about it once they arrive. The way they treat their girls and women is a disgrace and should not be tolerated. Just imagine this poor young girl lost her life at the hands of two family members just because she wanted to fit in just as every kid does. Her last minutes on this earth must have been hell and I hope these monsters get exactly what they deserve.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 04:24:57 PM by debbiec »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 05:28:28 PM »
It is sad that even when moving to a free country, some people still carry ideals like this with them. To go as far as to kill a person for this reason is outrageous. In fact, I think killing a child, your own child, is about as dispicable an act as there is.

25 years before is the only justice for these people.

July

• View Profile
Aqsa Parvez 16 Murdered Mississauga ON Dec. 10 2007
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 08:41:23 AM »
Aqsa Parvez murder: Did father or brother fatally strangle teen?

Her brother and father are serving life sentences. http://www.mississauga.com/news-story/5750594-50th-anniversary-aqsa-parvez-murder-did-father-or-brother-fatally-strangle-teen-/

justsayin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 10:32:09 AM »
it's tragic that one's beliefs can lead them to this.  i will never understand that.
i wonder if the father and son thought they would get away with it by each confessing, casting doubt on who really did it.