Author Topic: Edmonton Serial Killer  (Read 67856 times)

CraftyGal

• Remember adopt-Don't Shop!
    • View Profile
Re: Edmonton Serial Killer
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2007, 02:34:47 PM »
His name is Constable Elvin Toy. Here is an interesting document on him.

http://www.police.edmonton.ab.ca/Pages/Internal%20Affairs%20Decisions/2007%20Decisions/Elvin%20Toy.pdf

Crafty

CraftyGal

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2007, 10:24:48 PM »
Des as you can see the avatar has been changed.

Crafty

LOL! Now an avatar from the leaky cauldron... that's funny.  :D It is a mystic picture and very pretty.

Crafty, I do believe people have a right to express themselves artistically, to express themselves in all ways. I hope you understand I was perplexed by the meaning.

I understand the confusion.  I never meant to offend anyone.  It is actually part of the cover art for Book 7.  My son and I really enjoy reading the books.  Like I said I am a fan.

Crafty

CraftyGal

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2007, 10:28:04 PM »
Des, i thought that Svekla was called a serial killer.  Even though he didn't fit the definition.  I am just glad that he is off the streets.

Crafty

CraftyGal

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2007, 11:01:23 PM »
I am glad that he is off the streets.  I don't understand why the second degree murder charge either.

I hope that the look at Toy more.  I believe he is now on the team that look at derilect houses, which means he is still in the heart of it all.  I have been told that he isn't somewhat that you don't want to cross.

I am attending a meeting next month and the chair was informed that not to have Toy come from derelect housing, to get another officer.  I thought that was an interesting comment to say the least.

Crafty

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2007, 05:43:50 PM »
Don't forget Toy was involved I hear in the NO RAT T shirts, as well as the INfamous JOKE ON HOW TO ARREST AN INDIAN THAT CIRCULATED AROUND THE EPS TO ABOUT 20 OFFICERS, BEFORE DISCOVERED

The jokes couldn't have been that great, as they refused to show them. Mel Buffola, was asking for a laugh, but he was not allowed. I wonder why???We are still waiting for copies to be shown, instead of being "handled internally'. Puke!

The taserings, beatings, have to stop. It is pretty bad when a victim is afraid to go to the cops, it is just sick. A few or more bad apples spoil the bunch. I wish EPS would start with a clean slate, and let the trouble makers go, and leave the good cops alone.There would be more people wanting to recruit also.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2007, 11:15:45 AM »

What is it, stalking, force or familiarity, or a known trick???

It seems to me we got a few assholes walking, cruising the streets, here, looking for the "right" gal to choose. I wonder what are the specifics they look for? Are they stoned, drunk, standing on a corner, small, petite, strungout, dressed a certain way, or do they stalk first, tell others, the more or less deliver the gal to the killer(s), or do they cruise around till some gal catches their eye? I wonder how many gals were plain lucky , by NOT getting that vehicle.

Is familiaritya clue? Someone met in a bar, had a few drinks with, the guy you spoke to about your problems, the guy you had a hoot with, the guy or gal, called "good people". Are drugs the lure?

Most of these gals were street smart, they had their DNA done, gave vitals, relatives information, in case she went missing. Ellie May Myers was very street smart, took down licence plates, watched out for other gals, had class, was very much aware of a Killer out there. She still went missing.

The police in the past have mentionned a team, that work in tandem, and sometimes apart, they also mentionned a possible inner city worker who befriends the gals, they have checked their own, and we are no farther ahead, in catching these freaks.They talked of a loner, likes hunting and fishing, like most of Alberta.How many creeps does this city have ??? ??? >:( >:( >:( >:(

IZ NADA LOT OF FUN ALWAYS WATCHING YOUR BACK + WONDERING WHO TO TRUST!!!

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2007, 11:54:21 AM »
How many creeps? OK, I read once that 1 in 450 straight men will commit a sex offence in their life. This does not include streaking, humping in public etc. Just real sex offences

1 in about 1000 females will commit a sex offence in thier life time.

Most female sex offenders though, just have 1 victim. A fair sized percentage of male sex offenders can have as many as a hundred.

Close to 1 million people like in Edmonton area. That means there are 5000 female sex offenders, and roughly 10,000 male ones. Say 1000 of them are constant offenders, that is a lot of creepy people out there.

Mind you I think that 80 - 90% of sex crimes are against people they know very well.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2007, 12:29:43 PM »
Close to 1 million people like in Edmonton area. That means there are 5000 female sex offenders, and roughly 10,000 male ones. Say 1000 of them are constant offenders, that is a lot of creepy people out there.

Mind you I think that 80 - 90% of sex crimes are against people they know very well.

That just sucks big time. I know that most sex offences are behind closed doors in the homes of the victims.The sex offenders who are psycho, or crazy, are still out there, doing there thing, and getting away. Anonymous.

But if you have a few sk's running around like we seem to do, think of the carnage, they have caused.If they knoweach other, they pretty well own the road. They can have some one keeping six, another, the friendly sociopath who befriends, and the warped ones who are sadistic monsters. It is incredible.Plus they could have a female, who helps to do the luring, and getting to "know" the gal, to see if she would make a good captive, or kill.

I would also think the woman to be plain, mousy, and jealous of the men's attraction to these girls and woman.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

MissA

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2007, 09:05:22 AM »
Hi.. Yeah, I do pop up every now and then :) Just because of what happened does not mean the case is forgotton to me. Just taking a much needed break from a things.
Very glad to see that this forum is doing well.

I believe we established that bodies are found from December to June, normally, right? So with tomorrow being the start of May... we seem to be coming to the end of the 'season'. Which is excellent that there haven't been anymore victims but... has the killer changed his MO a bit here?

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2007, 06:51:59 PM »
THis is also the time of year farmers plant the fields and that is how many bodies have been discovered. So if there are some bodies out there from the winter, we'll probably hear about them soon.

It's really nice to hear from you Miss A

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2007, 12:24:41 PM »
I hope more victims are found. I also hope that people who are camping, fishing, hiking, cruising here and there to picnic, or go to a beach, all keep their eyes open when they hit the trails. If they hit the trails. Myself, I like to know what is around me, so usually, get a good sense of my surroundings, as I explore.

I really think it is going to take a collective effort, to find any remains, unless they are stumbled over, or someone is lucky enuff to find something. These gals need to be brought home. They need to be found, their families are waiting.So no matter what part of the country, as in bush, you are in, it is good to keep an eye open, and your senses clear.

I know this subject is gory, but it must be dealt with. Death can be ugly, and it appears people are getting away with murder, on a grand scale, all over the place. Saskatchewan, B.C., Alberta, Manitoba, and on and on.

Remember that small animals, and rodents, etc, will carry bones down hill. Bigger animals will go anywhere. You may have to climb.Also keep a look out for objects,particulary clothing, or jewellry. If something like that found, check around for cigarrette butts, or cigars, even a pipe left behind. Try to think positive, and also that many, if not most of all serial killers, like to go back to where they left the body, to sit and daydream/fantasize. There may be bottles around, pop, or beer, or other, plus the smokes.

I am sorry if I am making your weekend camping trip, into something more, and you may just wish to camp out and enjoy the scenery, the relative isolation, but it is good to check around, first.It is also good to keep a pen, and booklet on hand, for license plates, of something unusual going on, aside from a guy or gal taking a whiz by the side of the road, in the bushes.

For me, I love the north country, the freedom, nature, the birds, even the little rodents,( admit to be scared stiff of bears,) and picking berries., plants to make teas. Cooking outside, campfires, and I hope people keep an eye out for other things, maybe connected to the killings, of these kids, and adults.For instanse if I found a bloody rag, or t shirt, I would hand into the police, at Kare.Or better, call Kare to the scene.

One more thing, if ya camp out, collect your garbage, and burn at campsite, or if real adventurious, get rid of garbage in a roadside garbage can.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2007, 11:00:17 PM »
If I were simply a nice person and I wanted to let women stay at my house, why would I not have something to eat and drink in the kitchen? No bread, no coffee, no tea, just old onions and a few crackers? It's like a house he doesn't even live in, just hangs out at. Sure, many bottles of soaps, shampoos, fragrance, make-up, but no food, not even evidence of food being made recently.
He probably doesn't live there full time, or eats out. His friend supplies the drugs. It is eirie, the way you have described this way of living, or the house. Seems like a crash house, where gals can crash for the night or nights.

It is also strange not to even have coffee or tea being made. It probably is a hang out. What happens to the gals that have gone there, is what worries me.We have talked on boards before of gals being held, or a good type guy who allows them to crash. The only thing is the "good" guy, may be a bad guy, as well as some friends.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2007, 07:11:05 AM »
Hey Des, I am not paranoid and I don't think the sleka is respsonsible for them all either. In fact, i am not sure what role he played but I suspect he either just wanted his murders blamed on the serial killer, it pals with other killers, or someone maybe used him to dump the remains.

Someone out there in Edmonton knows something that could catch the person(s) but to this point either does not want to come forward or has come forward and the info was not taken seriously. I hope that person would connects with the right people to get that message out!

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2007, 03:09:31 PM »
If a killer is narcisstic with an inflated ego, couldn't success be a trigger?

I guess it could be. I never really thought about triggers and such, I thought these people just have compulsions to do this. But you are right, after a good success a nice drink and cigar is the norm for many people because it tastes so much sweeter.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2007, 06:41:25 PM »
There are both good, and bad stressers, in life. I never really thought of a good stressor, as being a bad thing in the long run, but we are not dealing with ordinary people.

For instance, a celebration at work! The person feels good, in either giving it, or receiving it. Your body usually reacts in a energized, fashion. Your mind seems clearer. Say you are some kind of sexual predator, well would seeing a good looking type of gal, you like, be a trigger, combined with the opportunity to do it?Especially if you were the impulsive type to begin with?

I know the make up of all serial killers are not the same. Some plan, stalk, fantasize, and WHAM!!! They just got to get a gal, NOW. Cruise around, until the perp sees what he wants, OR what someone else may want? I am going with a couple here, maybe more. Who knows?

I know that those of us that live or work the area of the killers paradice, are more generally on their toes, look over shoulders, keep an eye out.I would NOT walk alone, nor would I go to a bar, get hammered and leave without a ride.The killers seem to like, the gals that are often not straight, they are more vulnerable, easier to con, easier to catch.Or someone they are already familiar with.Drugs, also a big lure.

When we think of a bad stressor, a relationship falling apart, trouble on the job, makes ya angry, mad, can also make a killer want a victim, and if the opprtunity arises he will take it. Could also be familiarity again, the guy who tried to save you, on a mission, sees you are still out there, and vamoosh, you are gone.

You know with all kinds of work being done now around the city, being done etc., and all the organizations, why isn't people higher on the list of priorities? Homeless, sex trade workers, need housing now, not next year, but immediately.