Author Topic: Naomi Wendy Kidston - July 6, 2005 - Age 26 - Murdered - Halifax  (Read 7966 times)

Desespere

http://www.halifax.ca/police/UnsolvedMurders/info/KidstonNaomi.html

Naomi Wendy Kidston - July 6, 2005 - Age 26 - Murdered - Location: River Road, Halifax Regional Police are seeking the public's assistance with theinvestigation of the suspicious death of Naomi Wendy Kidston. Details: At approximately 1:30 p.m., June 7/05, was found deceased inside her apartment on River Road in Spryfield. Incident#: 05-23122

[modified to fix link at top]
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 10:18:23 PM by Desespere »

HalifaxNative

• View Profile
Re: Naomi Wendy Kidston - July 6, 2005 - Age 26 - Murdered - Halifax
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 05:45:44 AM »
She was a roomate of mine for a short time. It was long before this incident and I hadnt seen her for about 2 years before her death. She had a good heart.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 07:01:40 AM »
Sorry about your friend. Do you know if there is a POI in this? If it happened in her apt, it was probably someone she knew. Hope it gets solved.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 08:40:14 PM »
Did he know Naomi?

I'm sorry that this guy is able to terrorize all these people. It is just awful.

Mickey05

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 05:45:09 AM »
He did know Naomi, they were good 'friends'. People that know him though, dont think he did it, but I'd say he definitely knows something.

corina

• If It was me !!I would want you too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 05:06:02 PM »
How and with what? Do they have any or no suspects? Does any one know why ? What are the police saying? I ask this because it was so close to home and I knew nothing about it I lived up on Thornhill Drive .Does anyone know the events leading up to this murder? Was it a murder or a suicide? please fill me in someone? Its really bothering me knowing it happened practically, in my back yard this is very disturbing very :'(

PandaBearKitty

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 07:02:07 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/crime/reward-of-up-to-dollar150000-offered-for-unsolved-halifax-murder-of-naomi-kidston/ar-AAdl07A

Reward of up to $150,000 offered for unsolved Halifax murder of Naomi Kidston

he provincial government is offering up to $150,000 for information about the 2005 murder of Naomi Wendy Kidston.

The 1o-year-old unsolved murder case has been added to the Rewards for Unsolved Crimes Program.

On the afternoon of June 7, 2005, Kidston was found dead in her home on River Road in Spryfield, where she had been seen alive earlier that day.

Based on the investigation conducted at the time, police say her death was not random, and they believe there are people that know something about the murder.

Police ask that anyone with information contact them, or the Major Unsolved Crimes Program directly.

Tips are eligible for rewards if they lead to the arrest and conviction of a suspect. Those providing tips are must provide their name, and are required to testify in court.

Amythest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 02:23:49 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/murder-cold-case-naomi-kidston-charges-arrest-1.4037535

A 50-year-old man from New Brunswick has been charged with second-degree murder in the death of Naomi Kidston, who was found dead nearly 12 years ago in her Halifax apartment.

Donald Murray Peters was arrested without incident Wednesday around 8:40 a.m. on Stanley Street in Saint John, according to Halifax Regional Police. He was brought to Halifax for questioning and was held in custody overnight. 

Peters appeared in Halifax provincial court Thursday morning.

Halifax Regional Police Supt. Jim Perrin said investigators recently drew new conclusions in the cold case.

"Over the last several months, the cold case investigators have re-examined all the evidence, sent some exhibits away for further analysis, and through a combination of all, have got the case to the point where they were comfortable in the arrest and charge," he said.

Kidston was found dead in her apartment on River Road in Spryfield in June 7, 2005. Police thought her death was not a random act and that she likely knew her killer.

The 26-year-old was seen alive in the early morning hours of June 7 at her residence.

Police say accused used to live in Halifax

Perrin said Peters has lived in Saint John for several months, but police believe he was living in Halifax at the time of Kidston's death.

"The two were known to each other," Perrin said. "We have no reason to believe that they were involved in any sort of domestic relationship, but we do believe that they were known to each other."   

In 2015, Kidston's case was added to Nova Scotia's Major Unsolved Crimes Program. That means anyone who provides information leading to the arrest and conviction of her killer could receive up to $150,000.

However, Perrin said the advance in the case did not come from a tip to the program.

"In this case it wasn't a factor," he said.

Perrin added that he hoped the developments will bring comfort to Kidston's family.
With files from Shaina Luck