Author Topic: John Stephen SPARROW - Missing - May 1, 2001 - Kingston, ON  (Read 11403 times)

capeheart

• View Profile
John Steven Sparrow was last seen in Ajax, Ontario at a McDonalds Restaurant.  He was seen getting into a black Ford truck and the driver had a beard and his front teeth were missing.  His mother is a friend of mine and she has not had contact with her son since February 2nd, 2000.  John Sparrow is originally from Glace Bay, Nova Scotia. If anyone has any information about John, please post on this site or contact the Ajax police. He has been officially listed as a missing person. His date of birth is September 19, 1971. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
Re: John Stephen SPARROW - Missing - May 1, 2001 - Kingston, ON
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 01:51:45 PM »

John Steven Sparrow was last seen in Ajax, Ontario at a McDonalds Restaurant.  He was seen getting into a black Ford truck and the driver had a beard and his front teeth were missing.
Hi! Is there any photoes of him? He was a long way from home. His poor Mom must be just sick with worry! I am happy she has you to talk to. I hope shelters have been checked, as well as the Sally Ann, where the have a missing/lost program. A lot of people "disappear", if they think they are in trouble, or having problems.

The longer they stay away, the harder it is to call home. There is a fear of rejection.

(((((((((((hugs)))))))) to all his family and friends, and may answers come soon.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 02:12:04 PM »
I do not have a picture of him. She said it was posted at one time on another site, but I have been looking for his name and cannot find it. He could have been involved with drugs at the time, I don't know in what capacity. His mother of course, believes that he is alive. He does have another brother and a sister and has never contacted them either. She always believes that some day she will hear from him. Yes, it is an awful thing not to know where someone is. I am sure that he would contact her at some point in time, I mean that is eight years, a very long time.  I often wonder about unidentified bodies that they find and wonder if one could be him. I have a new computer, but I do not have a scanner yet. But should I get a picture, I will get go to someone else's computer and get it on.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 02:31:53 PM »

Thanks capeheart!  ;D

Shwa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 06:42:43 AM »
Ajax, ON comes under the purview of the Durham Regional Police Service and they do not list this person on their website:

http://www.drps.ca/internet_explorer/whatsnew/missingperson_browse.asp?Related_With=Missing_Person

If there is more information regarding physical description or a photo, this is a good place to post it.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 01:34:53 PM »
Like I said, she told me he was listed as missing. She has a pic home that someone else had on a site, a copy of it and she said, I must bring it in to you. I was with her yesterday. I only see her about once every two weeks, we have lunch when she is going to work. She lives about 25 miles from me. I definitely am going to get his pic and have it put on here. Thanks for getting in touch with my message and she will be so happy that someone has answered. I will do the best I can to get all the info that I can. Thanks guys.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

mamairis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 02:43:38 PM »
Hello CapeHeart. I am Johnnys Aunt. I had placed his missing information online back in 2002. The place where I posted it at, has since disappeared .I do have scans of the info I added, some info slightly different than yours. His middle name is spelled Stephen on the info I have & in the first info I gave, he was said to have been last seen at a Dennys , the following info after that was MacDonalds. His pix were on both listings. I have sent them to an online Missing persons place on facebook today , but for some reason they immediately removed them, along with the question I had on how to I add the information/photos correctly . I decided to add them to my own facebook, instead, its a start....again... If you have a facebook & can message me about this, I will get in touch with you.You can find me by doing a search for me on FB as Iris Shea Sparrow. Thank you for your interest & tell his Mom I said hi.Take care.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 02:59:15 PM »
Hi mamairis,

I've been searching for any information on John. So far I have been unable to find anything. I'm wondering if you are positive that he has been reported as a missing person. I will keep looking.

Thanks,
Debbie

mamairis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 04:23:54 PM »
Hi Debbie,
 Yes I am certain Johnny Sparrow has been reported missing, with  both the C.B.R.M. Police,here in Cape Breton Island, N. S. as well as the Kingston Police back in 2001, May 1st to be exact. I have tried to add the scanned info & pix that I had added in 2002 here (from a missing persons place where I had his info posted,that have since gone offline altogether) but they were too big to be added here. Thank you for your interest. ~ Iris Sparrow

Annastaisha

• "Happy people just don't shoot their husbands..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 04:27:06 PM »
Iris - Please tell us more about your newphew

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 09:43:30 PM »
Thanks for providing the link, LadyLee.

Click to enlarge.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 10:24:57 AM »
The latest news on John's case is, the detectives from Ontario have been to visit John's mom just recently. They have spoken to her about his disappearance. I cannot tell you at this time, but this is an ongoing investigation into cold cases in Ontario. I am not at liberty to say at this time, but they feel that John was murdered. I do believe that the police may have information that they cannot share with his family or outside persons on this case. It is a great thing that after so many years that they are investigating John's disappearance. Hopefully this will give you some insight into what has transpired in John's case. Always a terrible thing to not know  where someone is and what has happened to them. Always prayers to the family of John Sparrow. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

2soccermom

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 09:04:00 AM »
My thoughts are with all of you who know and love Johnny Sparrow -- his family, especially. It's awful to have to work so hard to call attention to his case -- thanks, Cape, for posting.  I can't imagine what the waiting must be like.
I hope everyone close to this can stay strong.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 10:10:43 AM »
Thanks for your comments. I did not know John, but do know his mom and some family members. I just wanted you to know that this is an ongoing investigation. :o :o :o :o :o

2soccermom

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 11:22:04 PM »
Cape --
I am glad the case is not cold. It is already a very long time to wait for answers....
Let's hope there will be some break in the investigation within the year.

Bumping for John Sparrow.