Author Topic: VPD issue warning about sex offender  (Read 5391 times)

CraftyGal

• Remember adopt-Don't Shop!
    • View Profile
VPD issue warning about sex offender
« on: June 09, 2008, 05:51:28 PM »

Roger Dale Badour, 59

Vancouver Police are warning the public about a predatory-type sex offender who walked away from a halfway house on Saturday. Roger Dale Badour, 59, has served time for numerous offenses including sexual assault with a weapon and uttering death threats.

Police say Badour has at times portrayed himself as a priest or police officer, and his crimes have been brutal. He is viewed as having no regard for women or their safety.

VPD say Badour also has mental health and substance abuse problems, and is considered to be very dangerous and very likely to re-offend. He is wanted on a Canada-wide warrant for breaching his conditions.

Police say anyone who sees Badour should call 9-1-1 immediately.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: VPD issue warning about sex offender
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 03:12:31 AM »
I thought the same as Des, he sure looks old. I hope they get him.

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 05:44:45 PM »

From Crafty:Police say Badour has at times portrayed himself as a priest or police officer, and his crimes have been brutal. He is viewed as having no regard for women or their safety.thx. :)
SO HE IS 59, LOOKS ABOUT 65-70, predator, with substance abuse, and mental health problems..likes to disguise, and both disguises, are ones, used to easily disarm, or make a victim, vulnerable.(cop or priest)

He could very well be the one involved in the Layla Low dissappearance. The timing appears dead on.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  Even if he cleaned up, shaved, did his hair different, even color it, the wrinkles are too hard to hide.His face is not easily forgotten.He has those dead, rolling eyes, so many psychoes have.

Why was he even in a halfway house to begin with, he shoulda been in jail, or a Mental Hospital. Creep!

CraftyGal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 02:51:06 PM »
59 year old high risk sex offender Roger Badour arrested in Burnaby. He'd been wanted on a Canada-wide warrant.

From CKNW Breaking News

CraftyGal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 05:14:37 PM »
I know...I keep thinking about the 14 yr old missing from Surrey or was it Burnaby.  I really hope h ehad nothing to do with it.

CraftyGal

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 04:10:51 PM »
Little do these warnings matter, if we just keep the revolving door going. Now another woman is dead from a gunshot wound on Nov. 8 in her home from a man they all knew would reoffend. At what point do we start protecting the public that is just living productive law-abiding lives. I'm getting a little upset at hearing over and over and over and over and over and over again they harm another. And, another. How many did they harm that remain unsolved? Isn't it more efficient, safe and better if we stop the damn revolving door! This sh!&%(%t is getting old. This poor woman and her family. Look at these warnings below. Did this really have to happen? Tell that to the family left behind.

after serving a seven-year sentence for sexual assaultBadour went missing, sparking a public plea for help to locate the man who was on a supervision order active until 2018, and known to be in Victoria.

Victoria police warned the public that Badour could be dangerous, and had a long criminal history, including convictions for sexual assault with a weapon, forcible confinement and uttering death threats in Penticton, Vancouver and Ontario.

He is known to target adult women who live alone, befriending those he believes are vulnerable.

According to the Victoria Times Colonist, Badour was spotted in downtown Victoria on April 29 but was not apprehended.there was something strange about his behaviour.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/11/18/high-risk-sex-offender-charged-with-b-c-womans-murder/

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 08:59:51 PM »
We women will also have to learn to be less "gullible", and ask questions.  Difficult to do for people who are very kind, I know. How terrible. 

The so called Supervisor who was responsible for supervised release  of this man should be fired.

The parole board members who allowed him on the streets under supervised release with his background,  should be replaced immediately.

It is time that these people are held to account for their decisions.

JB
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 09:03:26 PM by jellybean »

ConcernedCitizen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 11:59:28 PM »
This coward attacked a woman in a wheel chair, I believe in Vancouver, BC.

He was also missing while on parole for 7 or 9 months I believe while the
Canada-Wide warrant was in effect.

Where was he?

He could have traveled from one coast to the other in that amount of time..
I have also wondered where he was & what other damage he has done....
He seems to pick on late middle aged to older women.

I will have to locate my sources to confirm all of the above.
Most of it is from memory right now.
But the murder was close to my area, so I have read it several times.

I am now trying to find when his Trial was or is it still coming up.
I think it is this Month Jan/15 or Last Month Dec/14.

I want to know what his sentence is... How long are they going to
keep him in this time..... Maybe give him a "Dangerous Offender" Title,
that would be just awesome
--------------
cc

SAP

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 12:50:59 AM »
Badour