Author Topic: Unidentified | Murdered | Strathcona County (Found June 2006)  (Read 7376 times)

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
Links also to a videoe and map. Please press Link. Thx.
http://www.edmontonsun.com/
 By IAN MCDOUGALL, Special to the Sun

A Mountie searches the area where human remains were found in Strathcona County. A police van is also seen. (Perry Mah/Sun)
The RCMP are investigating the discovery of a body after a family dog in Strathcona County returned home with a grisly find.

Police were called at 8 p.m. Thursday after an acreage owner reported his dog had found an intact human skull, said Cpl. Darren Anderson.

Police responded to the home, a rural acreage south of Sherwood Park called Belvedere Heights at Township Road 514, Rural Route 231. It is about one kilometre west of Highway 21.

?It?s impossible to determine any kind of gender or age or how long the remains have been here,? Anderson said.

Those facts will have to be determined by the medical examiner and an autopsy, which will likely be completed Monday.

The 41-year-old man covered up the skull before he called police.

Investigators later found skeletal remains a short distance away, towards the rear of the property.

The area where the latest body was found is filled with large homes built on big wooded lots.

Some homeowners keep horses on their property.

But Strathcona Country is infamous for being a dumping ground for murder victims, said criminologist Bill Pitt from the University of Alberta.

Since 1988, Pitt estimates, at least 30 bodies have been found in the area ? particularly along Highway 14.

?It?s a cemetery,? he said.

Pitt noted that the latest body was found in populated area surrounded by residential acreages.

That indicates a chilling element if the person died of foul play, he added.

?The proximity to other individuals is brazen, arrogant, someone who feels untouchable,? he said. ?There may be more out there.? RCMP major crimes division is investigating.

The Project Kare task force has been notified about the discovery but is not taking part in the investigation.

Project Kare is an RCMP-led team investigating about 70 deaths and disappearances of people who led high-risk lifestyles, including prostitutes, in Edmonton and northern Alberta.

Pitt noted that the area has become a dumping ground for a number of victims of different backgrounds, not just prostitutes.

Gangsters may also be dumping dead rivals in the same location because of its thick wooded areas.

?They?re dropping zones for dead bodies,? he said.

?They are incredibly dense and make good places to hide bodies.?

Last week, a farmer found the bodies of two men dumped in his field near Lamont. RCMP are currently investigating their deaths as homicides.

The money coming to Edmonton because of the oil boom makes it attractive for criminals, Pitt added.

?We?re going to see more prostitution and more drugs and more drug violence,? he said. ?We?re going to have to gird ourselves.?

maps.google.ca

« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 03:29:52 PM by Chris »

capeheart

• View Profile
Re: New body found:
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 01:12:52 PM »
With all these bodies being found, is anyone being identified. What is going on that there are so many murders in that area. They sure need more investigating officers in that area.  People should also be aware of their surroundings and start taking licence numbers and anything that is suspicious. It is also up to the public to make life safer for everyone in the area.  People have to start taking notice more of what is happening around them and contact police if there is anything out of the ordinary. [move] 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)[/move]

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 02:12:50 PM »

Hi capeheart, can't stay long today, back tonight.

Remember I mentionned to you we have over about 80+ missing and/or murdered? Well, around Edmonton, there appears to be about 3 serial killers or More. Could be a group, a loner, and a couple. Svekla was arrested for 2, and was acquitted of the murder of Rachel Quinney. He spoke of friends, two to hold down, while one to beat!!!

I have been following it all for over 5,6 years. Also involved, I believe may be a cult. Now this has seemingly advanced to Saskatchewan, and of course BC, with the Pickton Farm. Willie said if he went down he was bringing 17 down with him. There are connections all over the place. This board, started on ther NW Killings.

Many of the victims, are First Nation . High Risk out here, now, is hitch hiking, prostitution, leaving a bar alone, or being shoved in a vehicle somehow. Many, many murders. Kare Task Force was formed. I have dealt with them, when my friend was lured to a car, but remembered what I told her, and ran like hay. The person was cleared.

A lot of the girls are addicted to crack, from small communities, and sent to Edmonton for payback, I believe. Rachel was found mutilated, with both breasts cut off, as well as private area. WE got us a real sicko. Also the 17 Pickton talked about, are still cruising around. It goes on and on. Now Manitoba, has a lot murders happening there. These also are vulnerable, and high risk.

The Sherwood Park area, and surroundings are a drop off for many many bodies. It is a rich area, and isolated roads. I actually to talk to people from Sherwood Park Area to comment, and check their property etc, but have received not even one answer.Thread is in members only.

The killing of 13 year old Nina Courtepatte, was a swarming, but what is un nerving, is the guy in jail, Joseph Laboucan 's DNA was found supposedly on Ellie May Myer.

I do believe that some of these killers are known to the victims, as a good guy.He may do drugs with them, occasionally hang out, what ever.Plus he has friends, and may even include a woman as a lure.

This was Canadas BIG secret for about 20 years now, and we have over 500+ missing/murdered Natives across Canada, as well as other races, in a high risk lifestyle.

It is high risk to be a woman, or a child.

Ok for now, gotta get, but could write for hours.Back tonight! Thanks for being here, you are an asset to this board.
With all these bodies being found, is anyone being identified. What is going on that there are so many murders in that area. They sure need more investigating officers in that area.  People should also be aware of their surroundings and start taking licence numbers and anything that is suspicious. It is also up to the public to make life safer for everyone in the area.  People have to start taking notice more of what is happening around them and contact police if there is anything out of the ordinary.(CAPEHEART)

I agree with all you say, and we need to constantly repeat it, to the people of Sherwood Park and area...... ??? ??? ??? >:( 8) :o >:( ???

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 03:09:43 AM »
Has there been an update on this? This sounds suspisious!

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 02:37:03 PM »
http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Alberta/2008/06/10/pf-5831621.html

I have to check on who has gone missing in the last two years, or at least 9 months or so. There are so many !!! >:( >:( >:(

By Sun Media

Mounties searched a heavily wooded area where human remains were found last Thursday in Strathcona County. (Perry Mah/Sun)

Mounties say the human skull found Thursday by a dog in Strathcona County was a woman's whose remains had been there between nine months and two years.

Police were called at 8 p.m. Thursday after an acreage owner reported his dog had found an intact human skull.

Police responded to the home, a rural acreage south of Sherwood Park called Belvedere Heights at Township Road 514, Range Road 231. It is about one kilometre west of Highway 21.

Mounties today said the woman stood about five-foot-three, was Asian or aboriginal, and was between 25 and 50 years old.

They also said she had nice teeth with numerous fillings.

The Project Kare task force is involved in the investigation.

Project Kare is an RCMP-led team investigating some 70 deaths and disappearances in Edmonton and northern Alberta of people who led high-risk lifestyles, including prostitutes.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 02:41:33 PM by Adrian »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 05:29:54 PM »
How gruesome are those murders, it sounds like another Ted Bundy, cutting off body parts.  I forget how many murders he got away with and he was a real psychopath. I wonder if a profiler in the FBI ever tried to sort this out and give an idea of the age, occupation and status of the would be murderers. Sometimes they hit it right on, they find after they are captured that they usually hit it right on. The investigators should check with some of the prostitutes to see if they happened to escape from someone who was violent. Hope they catch up with someone soon, that many homicides of women is unreal.  ??? ???

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 06:26:38 PM »

POST By Mariaw:
I'm new to this site but i have an aunt who have been missing since about sept 2006  from Edmonton AB ,her name is Freda a Whiteman (DOB) JUNE 28/1956 .she is a smaller woman who is about 5'3 ,140-150 lbs when seen last ....SHE HAS BEEN SADLY MISSED AND WE ARE WANTING HER HOME SAFE....

I found this on the site, and noticed she is in the two year timeframe. She is also 5ft 3".

I do hope it is not her, and she returns home, and at this same time, the mystery has to be solved.

Peace to you maria, and all your family.If she is found, she is the arms of the Creator, and hopefully, it is not.How many families are hoping and praying now?

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 09:17:50 AM »
To MariaW, I sure hope it is not your aunt, but sometimes it is better to know what has happened to her then going for many, many years and not know what has happened to a loved one.  I hope they identify the woman and that someone can bury a loved one with dignity and love. All the best to whoever's family will have to bear the news. :-[ :-[ :-[

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 03:52:42 PM »

This just sucks. We have so many missing, that haven't even been called in to the police, I believe. This lady needs to be id'ed, and that will come from dental records. and maybe dna, from the killer or her, when families, check to see if it a possible relative.  ::) ??? :'(

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 09:16:42 PM »
It is also possible this person is not from Edmonton, rather some of those other places where someone is missing. I think people are using the ruse of a serial killer to make it look like it was done by the SK. Micheal White did that too didn't he? And it is possible, Svleka in fact did the same.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 11:10:24 PM »

Who ever did this is well acquainted with the area, where there have been so many killings, or drop offs. We still don't know if the women are being taken somewhere else first.

Brianna Torvalson was left out to be found, as quickly as possible!!!This tells me , we got us some sickoe freak, who thinks he can do what he wants, and throw it in the faces of the police, and us, as well as the Sherwood Park area, and surroundings.

This is often when serial killers, start to make mistakes, as they feel they are, invisable, and and so focused on there next killing, or the one they just did. They feel invincable.

No one is going to tell me a serial killer is not doing some of the work, this guy may be the loner. Also he may not be from here, but I bet he has connections to the area, and may have even lived there at one time in his life.

I just wish this would all end, as I do not feel secure here, and I worry about the women and teens out there. Edmonton is still NOT letting much info out. Missing posters should be all over the place, and they are NOT. Sorry if I sound so pissed off, but this is getting ridiculous!!!!!! Sherwood Park, and surroundings should be full of posters, of the missing and murdered, as well as Edmonton. There should be re-enactments. Why isn't there? Other people get re enactments on TV, but never our girls. And that sucks!! :-[ :-[ :'( :'(

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 10:01:14 AM »
Des, yes, this sounds very weird of the police and persons in authority not allowing names of missing people to be revealed to the public.  There is a way though to get this done, go to the media, make a big fuss and I am sure you will get front page news. Get W-5 or the Fifth Estate to do a story on how all these people are missing and there is no communication with the public about it.  Just contact the Chief of Police and indicate to him that the media is going to pick it up and warn him ahead of time that everyone has the right to know what is going on.  That is what I would do.  People who want action on things go to the media, get a news story out and see what happens then. Just a thought, that is what I would do.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 01:15:20 PM »
How can holding back names of missing women help?

I wonder if this is more a 'privacy' issue then anything. I know they cannot publicly name missing people unless there is strong reason to believe a crime is commited. I am not sure this is done to help the cases.

I just wish the wheels here would move faster, so that they can get the information out faster.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 02:44:36 PM »
 8) ??? ;D ;D

I remember Kare stating, a long while back, that they are treating every miissing, as a homicide.

They must release pics sooner, so we, and the gals get a head start, and are able to remember something they saw, or whatever. Like if I met the same person every day on my walk to work, and she went missing, the gal I pass. If I saw her pic, I would be able to say, she worked at this corner.I would ask around.

Plus if all Missing are potential homicides, them WTF?? get it out there, posters, organizations, who may no these gals, like shelters etc.. Word travels fast, and the moccassin telegraph the best.Friendship Centre, Poundmakers, Boyle St Co-op, shelters, and food banks.

For the Creators sake, do something, and also for the suspected victim, and their friends and family, and those of us who care. :o :o ??? ??? :-[ :o >:( :( :'(

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 03:55:32 AM »
It would be nice if they could at least clarify each case. Whether they think it was a murder or at least say if they have reason to believe it is not.