Author Topic: Brianne Wolgram | September 5th, 1998 | Age 19 | Missing | Revelstoke  (Read 189256 times)

SAP

Re: Brianne Wolgram | September 5th, 1998 | Age 19 | Missing | Revelstoke
« Reply #465 on: April 05, 2015, 12:00:33 PM »
PlayDoh, Anna and friends may be hesitant in reaching out to unknown people because there were some who "played" them badly. Yes, even in a missing person case, people will have the gall to play games while friends and family of the victim are in the worst states of their lives. It's maddening.

I don't think there are any posters here who live near Revelstoke but I could be mistaken. I hope you are able to get a search party of sorts together to help the Wolgrams out.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 05, 2015, 02:27:13 PM »
Playdoh, I too came to that theory, or eventually came  to the conclusion of which,  I  posted on her site, that it was Brianna who ran her car into the ditch.  I went  forward, with the theory,  that she may have become confused, and that something happened to her in the forest.  The  size 11 boot print left by her car, could well of been the logger who discovered her vehicle and  went to investigate.

A very innocent, unfortunate accident. imo.

I also looked at the three mysterious girls, who were seen talking to Brianne, they were out of towners, and it seems to me, that a small town like Revelstoke would look with great suspicion at people who are from out of town.

These girls were there for a baseball game, up with a group of players.  I mean really!
None of them have stepped forward, in fact these composites were not taken up with provincials medias, that I am aware of.

Besides, these drawings  are so terrible - I'll bet they would not even recognize themselves, nor anyone on that team recognizing these girls.

I also received a pm from a person who said  they were surprised  that the RCMP did not find the guy, as "Everyone in town knew who did it". This was a person who left Revelstoke who happened upon this site.  They were encouraged by Unsolved to call the RCMP.

Was this gossip - heresay? Did they call in the name, or did they just not want to get involved?

We will never know.

JB

« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 03:11:27 PM by jellybean »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 05, 2015, 10:32:08 AM »
On September 5, 1998 Brianne vanished without a trace. Today is the 17th anniversary of her disappearance.

She is not forgotten.

Missing Children Society of Canada Missing Children Society of Canada 

Brianne Wolgram

Date of Birth

Mar 25, 1979

Missing Since

Sep 05, 1998

Missing From

Revelstoke, British Columbia

Eye Colour

Blue

Hair Colour

Light Brown

MCSC Case #

98-371

Law Enforcement Case #

98-3359

Law Enforcement Contact

Identifying Features

5'2" tall
 130 lbs.
 Clear Complexion
 Brianne has a light brown birthmark on the back of her right leg

Circumstances
http://mcsc.ca/cases/brianne-wolgram

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 05, 2015, 05:02:23 PM »

taken from post 440

'I also received a pm from a person who said  they were surprised  that the RCMP did not find the guy, as "Everyone in town knew who did it". This was a person who left Revelstoke who happened upon this site.  This pm was passed on to admin. They were encouraged by Unsolved to call the RCMP."

JB
Thank you debbiec for bringing back the fact that Brianne is still missing.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 05:49:16 PM by jellybean »

Pj17

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 06, 2015, 08:50:59 PM »
Hello everyone. It's been awhile since I've been back to this sight and came across it last night while looking up some stuff about Revelstoke and re-read all the posts. There was one thing that I read but was unsure where the information came from as there is a bit of confusion as to its origin. The piece of information I am referring to is the size 11 boot print. Some have speculated that it may have come from the logger who found the vehicle and that seem to be that about it. Well Anna and Sherlock established that the vehicle was discovered by RCMP helicopter and RCMP were first on scene. I can't imagine them creating the boot print then documenting it so that leads me to believe this boot print was potentially created by someone exiting the vehicle or around the vehicle before it was  officially discovered. Now this would be no knew information in itself as many have hinted to the fact that this boot print may have come from someone involved. The part about the boot print that seems odd to me is the fact that it is a "BOOT" Print and not a "SHOE" print. Most of the suspicion around Brianne's disappearance has revolved around locals so called around her age. At the time in small town Revelstoke I think I can safely say that most teen-age males (assuming size eleven boot was male) and males in there twenties and early thirties would probably be wearing some sort of running shoe (Nike, Reeboc, etc) on a typical Saturday night especially if they were out on the town so to speak. Not many people chose boots to typically normally wear unless that was there common foot wear. To me this suggests either an older male or one that worked in an industrial setting in the town (CPR, the Mill or a Forestry setting). This by no means is conclusive evidence, but it seems odd to me that young adults around Brianne's age normally wore boots on a Saturday night during a very hot and dry summer. As I have stated before, 1998 was a bad fire season and there was a lot of extra fire fighters not typically from Revelstoke in the area at the time and most were camping out and not staying in hotels. This could explain a male boot print as typically wild land firefighters would be working very long hours each day and not get off work until 8:00 to 10:00 pm. The latter part of the paragraph is heavy speculation but it is one explanation for someone wearing an eleven sized BOOT print on a Saturday night on a labour day weekend just before school started. Hope this opens people minds to look at clues at face value without assuming previous accusations or speculations.

Pj17

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 06, 2015, 09:26:13 PM »
Sorry I forgot to mention one more fact about the boot print. The type of boot print would give a lot of information about the origin of the owner. Typically forestry workers would either wear a caulked boot (spikes on bottom for steep terrain) during working hours and/or have a boot with a vibram sole (which would typically be stamped on the bottom of the boot in a yellow square which may or may not show up on the print depending on quality of the print). Less expensive hiking boots at the time normally did not have vibram soles but higher end, work quality mountaineering boots would have. To any extent, the tread patter of forestry related boots would be aggressive and deal threaded (depending on age of boot) for the Revelstoke area but other industrial boots (mechanical, shop or plant related) may not have such an aggressive and deep tread. I'm not a forensic expert but I would think there would be a lot of other more complex details that could be attained from the type of tread (locally bought for example) and the wear pattern (walking pattern of the individual). I know this may be a long shot from one boot print taken 17 years ago but it may narrow down an age group, weight, height, profession, etc.

PlayDoh

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 06, 2015, 09:57:30 PM »
Your points on the 'possible' boot print are all valid, yet like almost everything we the public can read about as evidence, none of it can be taken seriously.
The saddest thing about this case is how so little was done, or at least it seems like that. I have a friend who's 17 year old daughter went missing while at a school in Ontario. She has a mental condition that leaves her unaware of dangers she might be in, and also makes poor decisions when it comes to her safety.

Long story short my friend took time off work and had to track her down by walking the street and asking around. Even when he had solid leads and took them to the police, they did nothing. Really all the police did was document her disapearence. It was sad.

In this case I'm sure the police just believed she took off on her own and by the time her car was found they had no real hope of saving Brianne.

I believe Canada needs a special police force like the FBI who immediately take over missing persons cases.  Expecting Revelstoke RCMP to staff experts in missing people isn't realistic.

Bottom line is that unless you can see the whole police file, all you can do is take wild guesses. "Facts" like a single boot print sound suspicious to me. By that I'm sceptical there even was a boot print, or the investigators ability to identify it as a 'boot' print of any size one could be certain of.

I've wanted to go there and look for clues myself, but even learning what location to start from is hard.

jellybean

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 06, 2015, 11:31:38 PM »
The reports that there was $200 in her glove compartment, plus part of a 6 pack of wine cooler, and a beach towel in the back seat, to me says that, if true, Brianne was alone in the car when it went into the ditch. If she had someone with her, the money and the coolers would disappear with the culprit.

And if the size 11 boot print beside her vehicle is true, even tho a helicopter spotted it, police would have to physically go and check out her car.
So, it might well have been left by a cop, whom also wear boots, or the tow truck driver!  And the police would know this, and therefore not pursue the type of boot via treads etc.

Just my opinion.

But as you say Playdoh, we can't even trust the reports.

Sadly, this is a case, that will be unsolved, unless her remains are stumbled upon.
Until she or her remains are found, the police will always keep her on the Missing Person list.

jb
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 12:58:13 PM by jellybean »

::anna

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 18, 2019, 01:05:22 PM »
Hi Everybody,
I haven't logged in for a long time but had a dream of her the other night, perhaps from seeing a photo on facebook and also, what would have been her 40th birthday is coming up in exactly one week.
I do randomly receive information from the website which I forward to whichever RCMP member is working on her case at the time.
For the most part, I try not to form a solid opinion on what happened to Brianne because I feel it's too easy to convince ourselves of things and believe them whole-heartedly; which makes it difficult to keep an open mind.
Maybe it's just a feeling but I will say that I don't think she wandered off in to the woods on her own never to be found. The main reason I feel this way is actually the cigarette butts in her car. I just know this is a strange occurrence ....she was not a fan of smoking - no matter what her mental state. To me, that is the most curious thing about any evidence that was found in her car. And, honestly, the area her car was found in was a very, very occasional party place which I'm not sure I, myself, have ever attended a party at. It's a long ways out and most people would stay the night if they did go out there. There were so many other places she could have chosen to go on her own and I just don't think that would be one of them.
There was a reward offered in the early stages of the investigation to the tune of $10k (going from memory) which turned up nothing. Perhaps, finding a way to make this happen again would be beneficial. I'm not sure.
Spring is here in Revelstoke again and even though we are over 20 years on from this, we still have no answers. I'm not just speaking for myself when I say I don't want to go the rest of my life not knowing what happened to her so let's keep hoping someone comes forward with the information we so desperately need.
Also, I want to thank all the people who were good to me on this forum! I didn't realize how crazy things could get behind the scenes but I made some good connections here. So, if I didn't thank you for everything before, I am giving you a heartfelt thank you now! :)

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 18, 2019, 10:06:56 PM »
Nice to see you here ::anna. It's heartwarming to know that there are people who have not forgotten and who continue to try and find out what happened to Brianne. I'm happy to hear that there is still information coming in that you forward to Police. It only takes one tip and we can hope that someday that will happen. I especially wish for some type of closure for her family, and also her friends who have never given up on finding the truth.

Also, I want to thank all the people who were good to me on this forum! I didn't realize how crazy things could get behind the scenes but I made some good connections here. So, if I didn't thank you for everything before, I am giving you a heartfelt thank you now! :)

I have learned from all my years on this forum that there is so much more than what we see on the surface here that goes on behind the scenes. 

A lot of the members have become very involved with specific cases that they are interested in, or have a connection to. In some cases there have been some real and lasting connections made with other forum members. Some have connected with family members of a missing or murdered person.

As someone who's been involved in a few of the cases here I can agree, that yes things can certainly get crazy behind the scenes. You can also meet a lot of good people.

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 19, 2019, 07:25:18 PM »
Maybe it's just a feeling but I will say that I don't think she wandered off in to the woods on her own never to be found. The main reason I feel this way is actually the cigarette butts in her car. I just know this is a strange occurrence ....she was not a fan of smoking - no matter what her mental state.

Just curious, ::anna, do you know if the cigarette butts were ever tested for DNA? Also, do you get access to the file after 20 years?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 07:29:04 PM by Concerned »

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 20, 2019, 01:31:01 PM »
Maybe it's just a feeling but I will say that I don't think she wandered off in to the woods on her own never to be found. The main reason I feel this way is actually the cigarette butts in her car. I just know this is a strange occurrence ....she was not a fan of smoking - no matter what her mental state.

Just curious, ::anna, do you know if the cigarette butts were ever tested for DNA? Also, do you get access to the file after 20 years?

I do not know if the butts were ever tested. I'm assuming they must have some DNA as they have taken mine and many others. I did send in a FOIP several years ago but was denied any information. I think I still have the letter they sent back to me so I will look for it and see how they responded exactly. I could try again now that we're over twenty years.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 21, 2019, 05:09:03 PM »
You should try again...like you say, it’s been over 20 years and they will most likely have you on file.

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 09, 2019, 10:59:34 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I've started a gofundme so we can have a permanent reward for information in regard to Brianne's whereabouts.

Originally, I was asking for 2000 people to donate $10 to take any pressure off those who want to donate but can't afford much. This also makes the goal of $20k seem more achievable. Much appreciation to all who can help or share with their friends. :)

I've reached out to local media as well as the CBC podcast Someone Knows Something so hopefully we will attract continued attention to Brianne's case.

Thanks again to everyone here who has kept this issue alive over 20 years later.

Anna

« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 04:27:06 PM by debbiec »

Sap1

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 10, 2019, 05:10:52 PM »
Hi ::Anna. So nice to hear from you again. We messaged years ago but that was under my nick "SAP" so I don't have access to them anymore.

One thing keeps going through my mind ... regarding a few people who tried to lead everyone astray with misinfo ... one may have just been for attention as having "insider" knowledge but he has since deceased and let him rest in peace.
However another one seemed to really try to derail any conversations and I do wonder if police interviewed/interrogated him. I'm hoping since they did dna swabs on everyone including family and friends, that they also got a hold of the fellow who meddled.
So many people to find and so little information forthcoming.