Author Topic: Brianne Wolgram | September 5th, 1998 | Age 19 | Missing | Revelstoke  (Read 194587 times)

Have faith

• View Profile
Re: Brianne Wolgram | September 5th, 1998 | Age 19 | Missing | Revelstoke
« Reply #450 on: November 15, 2013, 09:28:42 PM »
Although I don't see a report/post that this case has been handed over to a female--I think that the best new investigator of a cold case will be a woman. She comes after a long line of men who didn't solve the case, and she has something to prove...that she is just as smart as the guys, and she will put in the extra effort to solve it.  One of the problems with unsolved cases is that the original investigator is moved to another area, promoted to another job or retires.  The FBI site I read has stated that it is crucial for the original investigator to stay on the case through to completion. We know that recommendation isn't followed here in Canada.  I'll put my money on the new female investigator.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 15, 2013, 09:42:14 PM »
Have Faith;  You will have to talk to ::anna about that.
By Brianne's website - it is a woman officer dealing with it.

Besides, there is no indication in the records that Brianna has been murdered.

Why would they pursue it? 

I hope that you are right!!

Women can go over things with a fine tooth comb, we are sticklers for details - for the most part.  Great with that 6th sense.

I doubt that this will ever be solved - I'll bet half of the records have been shredded - considering the small detachment of Revelstoke.

Will  her detachment allow her to stick with it - that is the main question, or will she be moved on to other things?

In reality = this is a cold case. Although they will never admit it.

JB
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 10:00:31 PM by jellybean »

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 18, 2013, 11:15:19 AM »
How could Brianne ever make it to a bush party which was going on at the time, when the wine coolers (all but one) were untouched? She bought them in town did she not?
I would imagine they would have been consumed, and they were not.
Hmm......
JB

briannesfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 07, 2014, 01:53:36 AM »
This case has been turned over to?  A female cop? - go solve it.  Brand new case for her? - no help - am I surprised? No tools to work with on her part, old evidence.  Not fair and not right.
Not fair to the female cop and not fair to Brianne.
Where are the initial investigators in this case?  And what have they done with their notes?

jb

Initial investigators are retired. and yes I will also say they bungled this one badly.

briannesfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 07, 2014, 02:10:31 AM »
Hello again. I, like Anna have not been on here for quite a while. Since I last posted I lived in Australia for a year, and am now back in Canada. Vancouver now. Still keep in touch with Sheryl and still maintaining the facebook group.
Just  few things, I don't believe that the person who dies after coming out  jail was a friend or even an associate of Brianne. He may have been friends with friends of hers, although I was not living in Revelstoke at the time so I could be wrong.
I don't think "everyone knows who did it" I think a  few people know and they have stayed silent. There are local loudmouths who go around talking like they "know who did it" but they don't know. they are speculating.
the case is not cold, it's very much open.. recent media blitzes brought hundreds of leads.
Not giving up hope

SAP

« Reply #455 on: February 07, 2014, 11:08:48 AM »
Thank you Briannesfriend for the update. It's great to know there have been substantial leads and hopefully this is all so much closer to getting solved.

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 07, 2014, 12:38:43 PM »
Re:
Just  few things, I don't believe that the person who dies after coming out  jail was a friend or even an associate of Brianne. He may have been friends with friends of hers, although I was not living in Revelstoke at the time so I could be wrong.

The term "friend" was not the best to use in regard the man who died after getting out of jail. But there was some association in some way enough that the man apparently attended Bri's memorial service. His vehicle was seen and identified in later events possibly related to Bri's disappearance. He had an associate at the time who claimed to know a very specific location towards the dam that should have at least been checked out. Noted the tourist who claimed to have seen a vehicle being driven in a fast erratic fashion up that way at that time. BF Are you still in contact with Anna? Or have divisions arose? Has the new investigator been availed of this information which seems to have been discounted or fallen on deaf ears originally? 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 02:53:24 PM by D1 »

briannesfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 08, 2014, 01:32:48 PM »
Hi, no divisions arose,  but in the last three years with me leaving to Australia, and then having moved to Vancouver we aren't in contact like we were in 2010. I think Anna explained well why things have gone sort of quiet on our end in one of her posts on here. Back to normal life I think she said. We did what we could at the time, and while certainly they could have become all-consuming, life has to go back to normal at some point or we would lose our minds. Having said that, I feel the cycle coming back around- probably time, for me at least to do some work on this. :)
I've made a new video, just a collection of candles that were posted to Brianne's facebook and a recent "facebook sharing blitz" of her video brought it up to over 2000 views in a month. Doing what I can- but it never feels like enough!

D1

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 10, 2014, 12:00:42 PM »
One can get too involved and loose track of all else. Life is for the living. Can't fault anyone for having one especially when the path ahead is strewn with hurdles of all stripes.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 12:29:28 PM by D1 »

PlayDoh

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 04, 2015, 06:14:44 PM »
Its been a couple of years since I last checked on this case and this specific site. I'm continually haunted by this case, ever since I first seen the memorial by the highway. I just read all 32 pages in one afternoon and learned a few things I must have missed before. Mainly about the state of her car. "could it be driven?" "Amount of gas?" and actual location which thanks to Pj17 we now know.

I'd suggest the family or friends contact the producers of the show "Disappeared" http://www.investigationdiscovery.com/tv-shows/disappeared/ This would be a compelling story and a good means to generate some ideas on the mass scale.

I agree with Pj17 regarding his theory about her being lost and turning around. It would explain the limited damages to the car. It would be very helpful to pictures of the car in the ditch.

I've contemplated bringing my holiday trailer out there and spending some time searching the area around where her car was found. My belief is that Brianne crashed her car and left her car in a state of shock. I've seen even minor accidents cause people to go into shock, and do odd things. I once seen a minor accident between to dirtbikes. One of the drivers dislocated his finger and immediately got up and started quickly walking in the complete wrong direction. Like walking towards the woods, for quite a while till we caught up with him and brought him to.

Its possible she died from her injuries, and or exposure. Also Bears or Wolves may have been involved in her death or the moving of her body. Finding her body would be no small task, but not impossible. I find it hard to believe a more thorough search wasn't done.

I've driven semi-trucks on logging roads, and mine roads and a car in the ditch on the right side on the outside of a turn, lower then the road surface is easy to believe nobody would see it. When you come in to those turns, your eyes are far ahead on the inside of the turn looking mainly for other trucks. Now if it was on the opposite side of the road, on the inside of a turn or a straight, a truck can see down in the ditch easily. Yet seeing things on the passenger side isn't as easy and often impossible.

around 2009-2010 I was talking with an old bandmate of mine when we we're young who got involved in gangs and hard drugs. He told me he once or twice he had picked up a large amount of heroin in Revelsoke, by coincidence at the McDonalds. I'd guess this has nothing to do with Brianne, or somehow connected to McDonalds. Yet it does shed light on even small town Revy has some shady characters involved with serious drugs, gangs and crime. Highway 1 in a major trafficking route for drugs.

I think it would be extremely helpful to develop a timeline for the day she went missing
Here is what I've gathered, in rough terms.
 Brianne got off work at 7pm and went back up to Super Save around 8:30pm to wait for the friend to get off work, at 11.
 She was just hanging out there chatting with her.
At 9:00pm she went to the beer store for the friend and came right back. There was a 6 coolers pack found in her car, with one open, one closed that was visible. Meaning that all that was likely opened.
When Brianne returned, the friend told Brianne she had to go cause the "head cashier" said she wasn't getting her work done.
 Brianne gave her a funny look. The friend asked Brianne if she was mad at her. She said "no" and gave her a smile that the friend says seemed somewhat fake.
She left and that was the last time the friend saw Brianne.

Id assume she never said that she wasn't now coming back at 11 to pick her friend up still. The funny look and fake smile remind me of my own depression states, when I would take the slightest thing the wrong way and get very sad believing I was being ditched. If this was a very close friend it could be a deep wound to her self esteem that night.

I'm not sure if she was asked by her parents if she wanted to go for dinner after this, or before this, yet I would assume it was after she got off work at 7 and before she then went up to the Super Save and was with her friend.

Now I'm assuming the 7/11 sighting was after the 9pm incident with her friend, say 9:15 till I'm not sure.

Since Anna was a close friend who had just moved away that day, and the super save friend who she might have felt ditched her (just speculating on that BTW), Brianna may have been depressed. I'm not suggesting suicidal at all here, but sad. Sad in the type where you might want to go out for a drive by yourself to a special spot and have a drink.

PlayDoh

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 04, 2015, 06:34:04 PM »
I didn't want to write a novel size post, but I still have some questions and ideas.

I grew up in a small town, and I know if there was a party at "the beaver dam" Saturday night for example and something serious happened on the same road out to the same place, the "Beaver dam Party" would be a well established fact.

I've heard that there were bush parties that happened out on this road, but has it ever been established that a party was taking place? 15+ years later I'm sure only the RCMP could answer that one, if it isn't already a well established fact. Maybe it wasn't an 'epic' party, but just a dozen or so people gathering out there?

Its possible Brianne was taking these 2-3-4 girls out to a campground, hypothetically, yet I find that one hard to believe. 2-4 girls who are camping quite a ways out of town would likely have their own car/truck, or be with others who did and we're supposed to give them a ride. I mean if I was camping out there I wouldn't get a ride to town without a very likely or certain ride back. Maybe I'm not in the teenager mindset, but 2-3-4 girls usually don't find it hard to find a ride from 1-4 hormone filled boys.

The whole conspiracy ideas on this, and the time elapsed, makes me fairly certain there was no conspiracy. People can't keep secrets that long, and the type of people who would commit this with others are usually the type to brag about it. I could believe in a single killer theory, but with the location of the car, I'm struggling to understand how this person would have returned to their mode of transportation.

Perhaps this 'passing through serial killer' just happened to spot Brianne and then followed her, as he does often trying to find victims. That day he gets lucky and follows her down a FSR. Maybe she was with these 2-3-4 out of town girls and they became victims also. Doubtful, and even just Brianne as a victim of a serial killer is highly unlikely, it is a possible scenario.

PlayDoh

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 04, 2015, 06:45:43 PM »
I will be passing through Revelstoke this summer on my way out to the coast from Calgary. If anyone would be interested in sharing notes and ideas with me I would appreciate it. Perhaps we or someone could form a search party to search the woods in likely areas. I know I would have at least my wife and myself who could volunteer if not a half dozen others for a day.

I have a 19 year old Daughter right now, and I can't imagine my life if she went missing. This story has echos of my youth and the lifestyle (small town, bush-parties, ect), that I think have drawn me in. Every month or so I think of her. I have no formal investigator training, yet I have an above average IQ and am usually pretty good at helping solve complex problems.

I think I've watched every "Disappeared" episode, and they usually haunt me for a while, Yet not to this extent.

my email address is playdoh.paul@gmail.com if anyone would like to contact me. I'm willing to help in anyway. I think a good place to start is a solid timeline. When, Who, What, How, and Why, of every known spot and time.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 04, 2015, 08:44:58 PM »
Speaking of possibly crashing her vehicle, and then possibly becoming disoriented....we'll there was a story out of Bruce County last spring where a woman crashed her car but was found a little ways away, in/near the river.  Made me think that perhaps the crash caused a head injury which caused her to make her way to the river.

So, that scenerio is possible with Brianne, in my opinion.

SAP

« Reply #463 on: April 05, 2015, 12:59:16 AM »
Playdoh, if you read the past pages on this thread you will have seen a poster whose name is ::anna. You can send her a private message through this forum. Just click on her name and her profile comes up. On the left side there are a few options ... one being "send a private message" ... click on that and you can send her a message. She is a friend of Brianne and has done a lot of research and has spoken to the police as well. She would likely welcome efforts of searching and may even have some ideas where searching would be best.

::anna has also done this following site:

https://findbrianne.wordpress.com/category/brianne-wolgram-in-the-media/

PlayDoh

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 05, 2015, 01:08:18 AM »
Thanks Sap. I have read every page, veiwed the blog and joined the FB page, yet I was hoping to let her and or others reach out to me. I will however PM Anna and perhaps BF.
It's odd that I'm laying in bed just started to think of Brianne again and my phone chimes with your reply.
Anyways, again thanks for the tips. Although I haven't posted till today I've viewed this site and this thread many times.
I keep getting the sense that I need to do something to help. If only perhaps to end my own Agony and Anguish.  Yet the family and friends pain is felt in my heart very much so.