Author Topic: Kimberly Ann Fraser - June 1983 - Age 15 - Murdered - Kitchener  (Read 17511 times)

leonagleant

• View Profile
Re: Kimberly Ann Fraser - June 1983 - Age 15 - Murdered - Kitchener
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 11:29:10 PM »
30 years  - wow. Re Bernardo, surely police must have an idea whether he was a suspect in this murder. I never heard of Kimberly in connection with Bernardo before. This would have been four years before he met Homolka. Did Kimberly give a description of the car or the man she saw following her?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 11:35:44 PM by leonagleant »

bestmum

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 08:52:16 AM »
Bernardo also never admitted how many more girls there was. If u read the book about him and his life he admitted to there being more girls before he got with Karla. The information that someone provided on here should be taking it to the police. No harm in trying to help solve this case. My mother was friends with Kimberly, I was told of this story often. My mother has moved on but never forgotten but she needs closure like everyone else on here. What ever information our connections u may have please report them to the police no piece of information is to small, every little bit helps. My cousin was murdered in Kitchener in 2003 I never thought they would catch who did it i also never thought it would be the person that did it to actually do it, but all the little pieces of information given to the police ended up as evidence and solving the case. So for the Fraser family and her friends any information maybe useful information.

bothered

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 05:59:32 PM »
I am looking for a male.....he lived in building with kimberly and said he told police who she was...he also mentioned that someone in the building lied about knowing her.....He would remember this...at the time the person who lied may have had reasons to lie....He was sort of friends with this person and this guy was older then him....so maybe this is why he did not tell police about this person not telling the truth but i want to speak to him....if you know this person please mesage me back .

wantedwanted

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 04:33:54 PM »
I just caught an episode of 'To Catch a Killer' on tv, which investigated the murder of Lynda White (Burlington, 1968). I can't help but be curious when other victims/murderers are mentioned on the show with their names removed, so I checked out who they were talking about and found out who the man was that they were interested in for Lynda's murder (and Soraya O'Connell's killing, London, 1970).  (Also, if anyone could tell me why it is we refer to these people by their initials when they have been convicted and a simple search is enough to discover who they are, I would greatly, greatly appreciate it! We don't seem to have a problem throwing Paul Bernardo's name about everywhere. Is it because the people in question have served their time for the murders they were convicted of and are now free and have a reasonable expectation not to be publicly linked to unsolved murders? Just curious.) Anyway, I did a very, very basic search on this man, who was involved with the Jehovah's Witnesses when he murdered Georgia Jackson in Aylmer, 1966.

This may all just be a really wordy preamble to 'look at the similarity/coincidence I found!' but, as we all know, similarities and coincidences are always worth looking at, especially when there are so few leads in these unsolved cases. There is a man sharing DB's name and affiliation with Jehovah's Witnesses (according to the website landoffree.com) who, according to two different websites (canadapages.ca & phonepages.ca) may be living at an address in Waterloo very near to the Laurel Creek conservation area where Kimberly Fraser's body was found in 1983. I wonder if DB might have been paroled prior to June 1983 and Kimberly's killing.
These may not be the same people. The DB on landoffree with JW affiliations in the K-W region may not be the DB living in Waterloo, who in turn may not be the DB who killed Georgia Jackson. I just thought it was a curious coincidence worth mentioning.

Have faith

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2014, 11:03:01 PM »
I just caught an episode of 'To Catch a Killer' on tv, which investigated the murder of Lynda White (Burlington, 1968). I can't help but be curious when other victims/murderers are mentioned on the show with their names removed, so I checked out who they were talking about and found out who the man was that they were interested in for Lynda's murder (and Soraya O'Connell's killing, London, 1970).  (Also, if anyone could tell me why it is we refer to these people by their initials when they have been convicted and a simple search is enough to discover who they are, I would greatly, greatly appreciate it! We don't seem to have a problem throwing Paul Bernardo's name about everywhere. Is it because the people in question have served their time for the murders they were convicted of and are now free and have a reasonable expectation not to be publicly linked to unsolved murders? Just curious.) Anyway, I did a very, very basic search on this man, who was involved with the Jehovah's Witnesses when he murdered Georgia Jackson in Aylmer, 1966.

This may all just be a really wordy preamble to 'look at the similarity/coincidence I found!' but, as we all know, similarities and coincidences are always worth looking at, especially when there are so few leads in these unsolved cases. There is a man sharing DB's name and affiliation with Jehovah's Witnesses (according to the website landoffree.com) who, according to two different websites (canadapages.ca & phonepages.ca) may be living at an address in Waterloo very near to the Laurel Creek conservation area where Kimberly Fraser's body was found in 1983. I wonder if DB might have been paroled prior to June 1983 and Kimberly's killing.
These may not be the same people. The DB on landoffree with JW affiliations in the K-W region may not be the DB living in Waterloo, who in turn may not be the DB who killed Georgia Jackson. I just thought it was a curious coincidence worth mentioning.

I believe that the production company for "To Catch A Killer" had to mute the audio for certain names in the series due to legal concerns.  In the case of Lynda White, Georgia Jackson's name was muted, since it would directly identify her killer, who is a main suspect, based on their research, for Lynda and Soraya.

This same person is a main suspect for the team for Jackie English.  Again, his name is muted in her episode.  Posts on Jackie's thread identify him only by initials for the same legal considerations.  Also, per UC rules, he has not been named as a POI or suspect by LE for any other murders.

DB (we all know who he is) only spent about ten years in prison on the "life sentence" he received for Georgia's murder.  He wasn't charged and then tried until 1971, so he was probably released in 1981.  I can't confirm for sure that he is the same DB who lives Waterloo, although I am aware of this info.  I don't know where he lived in 1983.

This is the first time that I have read anything about Kim Fraser, and I am very impressed with your research and a possible connection to her case.  You might want to pass this along to LE and Dr. Mike Arntfield, or even to his team at their face book site (To Catch A Killer).  It would be interesting to know if the team was aware of Kim's case, since her murder happened over a decade after the cases they investigated.  It is definitely worth mentioning. 

Added "LE".
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 11:38:26 AM by Have faith »