Author Topic: BIKERS:::  (Read 3657 times)

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
BIKERS:::
« on: April 15, 2008, 09:30:37 AM »
                                 BIKERS
Most of you know I like bikes, motorcycles. I would LOOOOVE to tour Canada on a bike, when I am older. I'd like an old biker to ride with me, as I don't ride. Eyesight. But I like the older guys, of the past who rode their bikes to have fun.

I am re posting this hear:
They plan to be good little boys, after the gang wars in Montreal in the 90s::: Huh
The Rock may soon roll in Edmonton as a long-vanished biker gang announces plans to set up a local chapter.

According to a Sun Media source, Edmonton is one of four Canadian cities where the Rock Machine, famous for its role in Montreal?s biker wars of the 1990s, hopes to re-establish itself.

The move is just the latest twist in the fluid biker scene, one that?s been characterized by periodic announcements of club openings and closings since the 2006 massacre of eight members of the Bandidos gang in Ontario.

For former Bandido Ed Winterhalder, the planned reincarnation of the Rock Machine is a result of the Ontario slaughter. After those events led to the planned closure of the Bandidos club in October, the group said it was reviving itself under the same name in February. But by then, the Canadian gang?s international counterparts had grown tired of its fickleness.

?So, they start thinking, ?Wouldn?t it be nice to revive the Rock Machine again??? said Winterhalder.

A local Rock Machine group would be the first Edmonton chapter for the club, whose members joined the Bandidos under Winterhalder?s leadership in 2000. But while the gang has a violent history dating back to its battles with its rival the Hells Angels, Winterhalder believes the revived chapters will have no choice but to live up to their promises to shun criminal ties.

?First of all, they?re going to have so much focus on them by law enforcement that they can?t do anything illegal,? said Winterhalder, the author of an upcoming book, The Assimilation: Rock Machine Become the Bandidos ? Bikers United Against the Hells Angels.

A local source familiar with biker gangs said he has continually been hearing rumours of new clubs starting up.

?There?s all sorts of people that want a home,? said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity. ?The proof is when you see people out wearing the patches.?

Winterhalder, who despite quitting the Bandidos still has contacts with the group?s members, said talk of a local Rock Machine chapter is true. But he believes the gang will likely be based in both Edmonton and Calgary, particularly since the Bandidos have been more active in the southern Alberta city.

Besides Edmonton, the Rock Machine is also planning chapters in Winnipeg, Toronto and Kingston, Ont. Ron Burling, a 37-year-old who is serving eight years in jail for a 2005 kidnapping in Winnipeg, will head up the Western Canada chapters upon his release, according to the Sun Media source who is a member of the re-formed Rock Machine.

For his part, Winterhalder said that despite the bloody 1990s turf war, he hopes a new Rock Machine will prove it can operate more peacefully. But he acknowledged that keeping clubs out of crime isn?t easy.

?There?s always a division between the guys that are family guys against the guys that want to make a living out of people having a good time,? he said. ?The two types of people almost can?t survive in the same chapter.?

glenn.kauth@sunmedia.ca

Adrian

• View Profile
Re: BIKERS:::
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 09:35:53 AM »

Wasn't sure where to put this, but bikers are being brought up, for everything from the Pickton Farm, to here in Edmonton.Not every biker, is a criminal, or is in a gang!!!!

By GLENN KAUTH, SUN MEDIA

Edmonton police hope the city?s healthy economy will keep a lid on gang tensions as the infamous Rock Machine biker club sets up a local chapter.

?They really do need each other now in order to participate in the commodity trade,? said Staff Sgt. Kevin Galvin, referring to the booming market for drugs. ?We know of relationships between groups that fundamentally would not have happened before.?

But a Toronto-based spokesman for the Rock Machine, speaking on condition of anonymity, is promising the club will shed its violent criminal past, which in Montreal in the 1990s led to a deadly war with the Hells Angels.

?Obviously, we?re keeping out of crime. We?re going back to old-style biking and brotherhood of the ?50s and ?60s,? said the source, who was formerly involved with the Bandidos gang.

The idea is to run the club as a ?9 to 5 show,? he added, noting the group?s Edmonton members are mostly ?working stiffs? looking to ?have some fun on the weekend.?

The source said the local chapter has been running for two months. But while the revived Rock Machine has 72 members across its four Canadian chapters, he declined to say how many Edmontonians have joined. The group so far doesn?t have a clubhouse, but plans are in the works to find one. ?In the future, we?re going to get ourselves a clubhouse. We?re just looking for a decent place to put it,? said the source.

Like former biker Ed Winterhalder, the source said the move to take on the Rock Machine name came after members of the Bandidos ? a club decimated by the 2006 massacre of eight bikers in Ontario ? met roadblocks to revive their own club. But the source insisted that Winterhalder, who was once a Bandido but now writes books about biker gangs, has no contact with the new Rock Machine members. ?Mr. Ed Winterhalder has got nothing to do with us,? he said.

Galvin, the head of the city police gang unit in Edmonton, said he has so far seen no evidence of a Rock Machine presence here. The Rock Machine source, however, said that?s a deliberate move in order to fend off what he calls harassment of bikers by police. ?We?re fed up with the non-ending barrage of traffic stops and tickets,? he said.

In Western Canada, plans are to have Ron Burling ? who is serving an eight-year jail sentence in Edmonton for a 2005 kidnapping in Winnipeg ? head up the two Rock Machine chapters on his release.

But while the source acknowledged the apparent contradiction between Burling?s notoriety and the club?s promise of a crime-free biker gang, he insisted Burling is also vowing to clean up his act. ?Everybody deserves a second chance, and we will be giving that brother a second chance. He?s making a genuine effort at reform.?

The source also said that despite the Rock Machine?s own notoriety, the move to revive the name doesn?t herald future gang wars. ?The name is only because that?s traditionally what we were. If I could erase everything that happened with the dead in Quebec, I would.?

Galvin, however, believes that the relative calm in gang relations will last only as long as the money flows. ?Now when the economy changes, we predict we?ll see a spike in gang violence,? he said.

glenn.kauth@sunmedia.ca

Adrian

• View Profile
Re: BIKERS:::
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 09:53:09 AM »

Seems the Bandidos, have joined the Rock Machine, who were infamous in the gang wars in Quebec. What other groups joined? Are they really here to be good ole boys, or is something else underfoot.

When I see bikers, patched or not, I still like the leather and the chrome, and the whole bike. I doubt I will ever change, as they are so down to earth, and what can I say? I wish they had a gang of old timers, THAT LIKE TO RIDE. ??? :-[ ;D
There are killers all over the place, look at all the murdered and missing women. We have killers all over the place, and some are teens. I hope that peace can remain, btw outlaw gangs.

By THE CANADIAN PRESS

NEWMARKET, Ont. -- A longtime biker pleaded guilty yesterday in a court in Newmarket, Ont., to manslaughter in the shooting death of another biker in December 2006.

Francesco Lenti, 60, was originally charged with one count of second-degree murder in the killing of David Buchanan, 32, a full-patch Hells Angels member.

Lenti was reportedly associated with the Bandidos Motorcycle Club at the time of the shooting.

Buchanan was fatally shot on Dec. 2, 2006, at Club Pro, a strip club in Vaughan, Ont.

Shots were also fired at two other men connected to the Hells Angels.

Lenti pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated assault after being originally charged with two counts of attempted murder.

Carlo Verrelli, one of the men Lenti shot, is suing Club Pro for $1.1 million, alleging the club should have checked Lenti, its security consultant, for weapons the night of the shooting.