Author Topic: ANOTHER BODY FOUND BURNED:::::  (Read 4163 times)

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
ANOTHER BODY FOUND BURNED:::::
« on: April 14, 2008, 01:47:50 AM »
Suspicious death: Another body found burned and dead..... :'( :'( :'(

By RENATO GANDIA, SUN MEDIA

Another tragedy has rocked the small town of Rimbey, as RCMP investigate the discovery of charred human remains in a burned vehicle.

The grisly find comes just days after Jennifer Noble, 17, was killed when a gravel truck plowed into a school bus.

Rimbey Mayor Dale Barr told Sun Media that the town of 2,400 residents, 140 km northwest of Red Deer, was still mourning the Rimbey teen's sudden death.

The latest tragedy only adds to the grief, he said.

"I think any time there's a loss, there's shock, and the closer you are, the harder it hurts," Barr added.

Rimbey RCMP reported yesterday that the charred body and burning vehicle were found Friday afternoon.

Just before 12:45 p.m., a motorist called Rocky Mountain House fire department and reported a burning vehicle on an oil lease road two kilometres west of Highway 22 and six kilometres north of Highway 53.

When firefighters arrived at the scene, they immediately noticed what appeared to be human remains inside the vehicle.

Rimbey RCMP were then dispatched to the scene.

"It's in the middle of nowhere, I've been told," said RCMP spokesman Sgt. Patrick Webb.

The remains were transported to the Calgary medical examiner's office for an autopsy, while investigators moved the vehicle to a secure location for further examination.

Mounties were awaiting the autopsy slated for today to determine the cause of death, gender and identity.

The identity of the registered owner and details of the vehicle were being withheld yesterday.

"I THINK ANY TIME THERE'S A LOSS, THERE'S SHOCK, AND THE CLOSER YOU ARE, THE HARDER IT HURTS."

RIMBEY MAYOR DALE BARR ON THE LATEST TRAGEDY IN THE TOWN

Webb said it was too early to say if the death was criminal, but the case was being treated as suspicious.

Last Wednesday, a westbound school bus stopped on Highway 53 just east of Highway 20 to pick up some children about 8:15 a.m.

Conditions were foggy, and an SUV was stopped behind the bus, when a westbound gravel truck rear-ended both vehicles, ripping off the right-back corner of the bus and sending it skidding into the ditch.

Noble was killed, while Keenen Clark, 14, was taken to hospital in Edmonton, where he remained in stable but critical condition at last report.

A memorial service is planned for Noble for tomorrow.

Friday's discovery of human remains in the burning vehicle isn't the only case of its kind in Alberta this year.

Edmonton cops are still investigating the death of local nurse Shernell Sharon Pierre, whose charred body was found March 12 in her burnt-out vehicle near 178 Street and 87 Avenue.

An autopsy revealed she had been fatally shot.

Adrian

• View Profile
Re: ANOTHER BODY FOUND BURNED:::::
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 05:25:37 AM »

This really bothers me. Is this the PYRO, I speak of at times? It is totally horrific, reprehensible, and hurrendous that this is happening.We got us a killer, who likes pain and torture, and also likes fires. Jerk!
 This sicko lives somewhere, and whoever knows him, should speak up. I don't believe that there are families who know zilch. They are turning their heads to the problem. ??? ??? ??? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 11:31:16 PM »
That would be forested area with lots of hills. Since a car was involved it could be unrelated to other murders. But I would say this is murder.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 07:05:09 AM »

Wow, good work! They do appear to be related. With all the coming and goings, may be a crack house/apartment. Deaths in a car burnings are not too often, so I would think they may be related to each other.Wasn't there a few years back, another Car fire, with someone being burned, or am I thinking of that house/cabin, un used where a woman was found burned?Plus Edna Bernard was burned, as well as Charlene Gauld.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 07:45:14 AM »

I went with my roomie, to see the area where a lot of bodies were dropped off. When we came back, I looked for specific locations, on this site.

So far I got: Bonnie Lynn Jack Range Road 225/Township Road 542
                  Brianna Torvalson RR230 TR 534
                  Monique Pitre RR222 TR 540
                  Melissa Munch 5 days later, 5k from Monique.
                  Melissa Munch RR220 , South of Highway 16.
                  Charlene Gauld 60km/SE Edmonton
                  Ellie May Myer found in vicinity of Rachel Quinney, and Monique
                  Pitre , so that is RR222 TR 540
                  Bernadette Ahenakew in a ditch Clover Bar RD, N of Highway 16
                  Edna Bernard near Leduc
                  also this address/location , N of Rollyview Rd, RR 245.(no name)**
                  Georgette Flint Elk Island Park.
I can't find an exact location for Rachel Quinney, Ellie May Myer

There a lot that are found in the same vicinity. The roads are easy to get to from 118 Ave., and the houses, are spread apart.Lot's of wooded area, privacy, and pitch black late at night.You can drive around and not see another driver for a long time.

We also went to a Lounge/ Restaurant near a trailor park. It was called "Willie's Place.", so I was nosey to see if one would want to hang out there. Lot's of rig workers., and young people. Kinda Loud, food was good, attached to a filling station.(gas).

Red Deer is not that far away from here, what, about an hours drive? I wonder if the car burnings have any thing to do with drugs, or payment? It does have an OC element to it.it appears.

Adrian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 01:39:03 PM »

ARREST of a WOMEN!!!! Other charges may be laid!

By DANIEL MACISAAC, SUN MEDIA

Cops have arrested a woman after the discovery of charred human remains in a burned minivan outside Rimbey - a death they're now calling a homicide.

"We feel the investigation is moving in the right direction. There's a lot happening right now," RCMP spokesman Sgt. Patrick Webb said yesterday afternoon, explaining why details of the incident and investigation have been sketchy.

Rocky Mountain firefighters found the remains early Friday afternoon after responding to a vehicle fire on an oil-lease road west of Highway 22 and north of Highway 53 outside Rimbey, 120 km southwest of Edmonton.

Rimbey RCMP reported yesterday that a medical examination has since determined the death "as criminal in nature," but did not release the cause of death and have not positively identified or described the victim.

MEDICAL EXAM RESULTS

They did say, however, that, working with their colleagues in Wetaskiwin and with RCMP Major Crimes South, they arrested the woman at a rural residence northeast of Rimbey on Wednesday.

Webb would only add that the deceased person was driving a minivan. But he would not elaborate on the relationship to the woman under arrest or say if anyone else is being sought in the homicide.

"We expect charges, but exactly what those charges are going to be ... I don't know if she's going to be charged with homicide or aiding and abetting after the fact, or prior, or conspiracy."

Likewise, Webb said he didn't yet know if the van fire had been an attempt to cover up the crime.

"It's not unheard of, in an attempt to destroy evidence, to burn a vehicle," he said. "But exactly why this vehicle burned in this situation, I don't have that information."

Meanwhile, Edmonton detectives continue to investigate the shooting death of 26-year-old nurse Shernell Pierre, whose charred body was found inside her burning car along 170 Street on March 12.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 09:36:46 PM »
If they made an arrest, they must have a lot of proof already. We all know, the police can't do that without a lot.

Just wonder what she would kill someone for like this.