Someone Knows Something - CBC
Podcast By David Ridgen, an award-winning filmmaker

Sign The Petition!

Help find Sheryl Sheppard

Author Topic: Dale Worthman & Kimberly Lockyer - August 27, 1993 - Murdered - St. Philip's  (Read 19838 times)

D1

The newfoundland news is reporting that Murrin is saying it's Oliver who won't survive.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2009/05/28/murrin-oliver-shootings-528.html

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
Did anyone expect any different out of Murrin's mouth? I know I didn't..... what a dirt bag ........and how in the world is he walking around free.

D1

"I have a lot of friends" Murrin says in a tv interview in which he also claims Joe Oliver is in store for a lot of surprises..
see utube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa9WE3QeuFQ

capeheart

• View Profile
A sentence of 11 years is certainly not any time for taking two people's lives. I believe Oliver should get at least 20 years, ten years for each life. Because when you think of it, he took the lives of two very young individuals and it just isn't fair that he will be out and living his life. Mr. Murrin, indicating there were a lot of surprises for Oliver, well I guess he would know. A scary situation which ever way you look at it. I still think he should have gotten 20 years. I take it the sentence is to be handed down later in the week, I am not sure after watching the interview. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Shelly Stokes

• View Profile

D1

There is little sympathy for Oliver for the role he played in these murders. He would be damned if he talked and damned if he didn't. There was no motive for him to show the police where the bodies were if he had done the murders by himself. This would have been left sitting in the files as a cold case and none the wiser. If Oliver were just wanting to shirk the blame for what he had done, I doubt he would have implicated himself to the degree that he did. If he were just making up a story to blame Shannon Murrin, he could have constructed one that minimized his involvement.

But then, this isn't just anybody that he was implicating, this is the guy the police let get away with murdering little kids, a crime that Murrin is now on the way to being paid off for with this last hurdle cleared. What happened to the drug charges he was up on?

D1

A news report says Murrin is suing in this case as well as the Tran case.
see- story http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/topic,3171.msg31394.html#new

Murrin is constantly implicated but never convicted of crimes such as this.
see- http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/topic,3171.msg31394.html#new

The new law suit:

Shannon Murrin threatens to sue police, justice officials
Last Updated: Monday, January 4, 2010 | 8:27 PM NT Comments20Recommend9CBC News
Shannon Murrin says he will use some of the money he was awarded in an out-of-court settlement with the RCMP to take legal action against another police agency, the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary.

Murrin recently settled a lawsuit in British Columbia in which he claimed a former RCMP officer had him beaten to get a murder confession out of him in connection with the death of Mindy Tran.

Murrin lived near the eight-year-old in Kelowna, B.C., when she was slain in the mid-1990s. Murrin was charged in 2000 with murder and acquitted.

His lawsuit against a former RCMP sergeant investigating the Tran case was based on a beating he suffered in 1995 that put him in hospital for 11 days.

Murrin told CBC News on the weekend that as part of the settlement of the lawsuit, he can't say how much money he was awarded. But he said he will use some of it to sue justice and police officials in Newfoundland and Labrador over their alleged handling of a double slaying outside St. John's.

In late May 2009, Murrin was named as a suspect in the slayings when the Newfoundland Supreme Court accepted an agreed statement of facts in the case against Joey Oliver. Oliver had pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the 1993 deaths of Dale Worthman and Kim Lockyer and was sentenced to 15 years in prison.

Oliver claimed he drove the couple to a remote wooded area on the outskirts of the city but he said Murrin shot them to death. Their bodies were found in the woods at the edge of St. John's three years ago.

In the statement of facts, Crown prosecutors Jim Walsh and Elaine Reid said Oliver's claim that Murrin was the shooter is uncorroborated. The police never charged him in the deaths of Worthman and Lockyer, and Murrin dismisses the allegation.

"How come I'm out here walking around, if they could prove anything that he said?" he asked in an interview with CBC News.

Murrin said he wants to sue the provincial police force and lawyers on both sides of the St. John's case for letting him be named in the statement of facts as an accused killer.

The police paid a $50,000 reward in the Oliver case, but they won't say who received the money.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 01:21:27 PM by D1 »

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
what in God's name do the authorities expect the public to swallow?  We all know these murders actually took place..... someone did them..... Murrin is attached to all.  If they consistently find him not guilty of them and reward him over an over, we are only left to believe that "one or more police" are the actual sick killers and Murrin is just a paid puppet.

D1

What is going on is so unbelievable that most people will have to look for another explanation rather than accept we have a government sanctioned killer on our hands! Sure the police can't find anything to convict him on, they don't allow the evidence or the witnesses to make it to court!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:30:12 PM by D1 »

solvy

• View Profile
I am truly surprised that he has not yet been removed, as in the Terry Arnold case. He must never sleep this man with no conscience!