Author Topic: Dana Bradley - December 14, 1981 - Age 14 - Murdered - St. John's, NL  (Read 141573 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Dana Bradley - December 14, 1981 - Age 14 - Murdered - St. John's, NL
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2009, 12:24:22 AM »
Wow what an amazing story. Strange how things work on those old communities where familes have known each for generations.

Back in 1981 attitudes were different, you'd hope things would have changed by now.

One thing is for certain, if you gave the police the info you gave them, at the very least they probably talked to the guy.

In 1981 no one thought about DNA, so perhaps there is some evidence.

You did the right thing, it's not your fault the way you are being treated. At least you did something, so many others do not have the courage.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2009, 04:25:10 PM »
It's clear the police, for whatever reason, did not want to do their job in regards to that guy. 
As far as the guy throwing a public temper tantrum upon being approached ....well I don't know where those cops got their brains ....everybody knows "the best defense is to take "offense".  I would say that these cops were idiots, but I think it goes a little deeper than that.  Seems this guy and/or his family were considered more important than that poor young girl .... and more influencial, somehow than a decent citizen trying to speak for, a murdered victim who could no longer speak for themselves. 
Those jerk cops should hang their heads today.

Fed Up

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2009, 08:09:50 PM »
Good Day; I posted information concerning this case a couple of weeks ago and removed it. I've decided to repost this info, as I feel it should be public knowledge.
  I lived in St. John's Nfld. from 1980-95. I was married to a Nflder, and had 5 children. I am what they call a "Mainlander".
  In Dec/1981, I was employed onboard a vessel tied up in St.John's harbour. The vessel was under arrest for non payment of bills, and was owned by a prominent politician and his family.
  While employed onboard this vessel, apporox, 1-2 days after Dana Bradley was found dead, another employee (Paul) told me he knew Dana Bradley, and confessed that he killed her, even described how he did it.Years later I went to tha RCMP, told them all about this.
  I will, over the next few days be posting the whole story again. I am trying to be as acurate as possible, it was a few years ago. I have a very good memory(I've been tested).
 I think it is important that this story be told, because I believe this case was mishandled from the beginning. Whether on purpose or not, I have a few theories, which I will post if I decide it wil do any good. I find this site hard to write on , and have had my test erased a number of times already, another reason why I will do this in installments.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 06:55:47 AM by Fed Up »

Fed Up

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 08:50:31 AM »
Good Day: Today so far, I have tried to get on this site for 3 hours, and have had 3 postings erased due to "wireless interuptions". So if you are following this postings, please bare with me.

Fed Up

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2009, 09:13:46 AM »
Please Keep in mind, while reading my postings that, the RCMP were given full and complete statements by myself over 18 years ago. I even volunteered to take a polygraph and go under hypnosis. They basically laughed me off and said"that won't be necessary".
 In Dec./1981 I was working on a vessel tied up in St.John's, Nfld. harbour, on the Southside, working 8-4 shift. A couple of weeks before Christmas, a young girl was reported missing (13 y/o Dana Bradley). After a few days, a body was discoverd on the outskirts of town, later reported to be this child. The whole city was in shock, to say the least, especially so close to Christmas.
 A day or so after the find was reported, the 8-4 worker (Paul), was relieving me so I could home. After some small talk, he starts to talk about the Bradley case, says he he knew her, made a lewd remark, then goes on to tell me how he had killed her, even waving one arm up and down, describing how he hit her. I was in shock and afraid for my life. After a minute or so of this, he says he didn't really do it, or words to that effect. I tried to calm him down, he was acting weird. I said my good byes and got out as fast as I could. On the way home, I kept telling myself this was just a guy with a weird sense of humour. I hardly knew the guy, and really didn't know how to take him.
 (Now this is within days of this child being found dead, and here is (Paul), describing her cause of death. I don't think this was even released publicly at this point)
<to be cont'd>

Fed Up

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2009, 07:23:52 PM »
(cont'd) As I wrote before, everything I am posting here, the RCMP have been informed of for over 18 years.
 A few days after(Paul) made his startling statements to me, a composite sketch and physical description was released in the newspaper. (Paul) fit the description (he was closer to 5'10"-5'11") and the sketch was a strong resemblance. He drove his parents car, a 4 door (Dodge Dart/Valiant/Volare), dark colour, (alot of salt was used on the roads, especially where we worked, could explain "Biege" description as he never washed the car), with a passenger side door, (front) that didn't work. I seen him working on the door, even offered to help.(this info. about the bad door was not released to the public, until after I went to the RCMP, as far as I know) The broken car door stuck in my mind, because I had owned a few 4 doors, and usually the driver's door wears out first. I still didn't want to get involved, I just thought, that if he did it, the Police would catch him.
 Now the following information, I didn't find out until years later.
 At the time of this crime (Paul) lived at the corner of Patrick Street and Water Street, his family operated the neighbourhood convenience store.
Dana Bradley lived on Patrick Street.
  (Paul)'s older brother, I was told,years before, was convicted of a violent murder, and sent to the local mental hospital, where I am told he had it pretty good. He was paid a disability, for some strange reason, while incarcerated. When he was released, this is the money he used to start the convenience store. Never heard of that before, being paid while under sentence for a murder, very nice of the Newfoundland Government. Maybe if the government hadn't financed his business venture, maybe they won't have been living there at the time of this crime.
  Now at the time of this crime, the police knew all of this information, about the car (DMV), and about the brother, and location where they were both living. Wouldn't you think, they would have tripped over this guy (Paul). Not so.
 Yet, when I went to the RCMP and reported (Paul) telling me his story, the RCMP, (an Insp. Hogg), said they never heard of him (Paul), and thought I was calling about his older brother. He even showed up with the older brother's file under his arm (about 4" thick). Now this is almost 10 years after this crime was committed! Not exactly "turning over every stone" were they.
 The years passed, and I tried to forget about the whole thing. Then some local nut, confessed, and the police spent weeks digging up the local landfill. In the end it was a hoax, the guy was just looking for attention. Again the whole (Paul) confessing to me thing started to bother me again, I didn't know what to do, so I kept quiet for a few more years. It was really bothering, what if (Paul) did do this, and what if he struck again?? I started to drink more, and more. Aroung 1989-90, I finally told my wife what (Paul) had confessed to me, she said I should go to the police. After awhile, maybe a couple of weeks, I contacted the police, and gave a full statement to an Insp. Hogg. I felt better, I thought that would be the end of it.
<to be cont'd>
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 07:29:20 PM by Fed Up »

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2009, 10:48:29 AM »
This is very good information that the police should definitely follow up on the case of Dana Bradley. Have you talked to her parents or relatives on this matter and turned all the evidence and material you have over to them. I definitely would inform them and they will follow this up and maybe there can be justice for Dana. I am sure that others in the community where Dana was murdered would be behind bringing this case out of mothballs and having it solved. This is and should be brought to the attention of those in the community and maybe to the media. Maybe you could get W-5 to do a program on this case or the Fifth Estate, they are Canadian programs and are always willing to helping people get attention in these kinds of things. Good luck and you did the right thing, we are all behind you. Go to the media if you have to and give the story. You don't have to name the individual, you can say that the police know who he is and in that way you cannot be sued. Also, if this person is still around you could be in danger if he knows you are giving this information. Be safe and take the right steps to protect yourself. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Fed Up

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2009, 07:06:58 PM »
The police have been aware of my information for almost 18 years. As far as (Paul)'s brother, their vehicle, where they lived, they were aware of from the beginning. I didn't find out about until years later. I was some info by a fellow I met, who said he was a "firefighter"n but suspect he was a RNC officer. Just a wild guess.

Fed Up

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2009, 07:28:25 PM »
After I had the initial interview with the RCMP, I rec'd a phone call 2-2 1/2 years later(approx 1991-92), asking if they could come to my house for an interview. I said sure, 2.plain clothes officers showed up at my door (no I.D.). We had the interview, I even had to draw a sketch of where it happened. During the interview, I was shown a family group picture, of (Paul) and his family. I could no ID him, the police pointed him out, in this shot he was very overweight. They said his family told them, that's what he looked like at the time of this crime.That was a lie, (Paul) was had a slender build at the time. Near the end of the interview, I volunteered to take a polygraph and/or go under hypnosis, if they thought it would help. The police laughed it off, they said when they questioned (Paul) that he went out in the parking lot of the airport detachment, yelled and screamed at them, and in general was very pissed off. They told me, in their eyes, this was the actions of an inocent man. They then told me to forget the whole thing.(to be cont'd)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2009, 01:37:01 AM »
Innocent men yell and scream at the cops? but tipsters are suspicious?

Maybe it's time to write the RCMP HO and give them your information. maybe someone more skilled can take a look. It seems they did not want to verify the facts, just wanted to cross him off the list.

Fed Up

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2009, 08:22:48 AM »
Now at this point in time (1991-92),(I'm sure of exact dates) I have been interviewed twice, and told to forget about it, which I tried. Afterall, it was now in the hands of the RCMP.
 Within months the harassment started, crank calls(I had this number traced and found out who was doing it) my wife talked me out of charging this guy, as she knew his wife. Besides the calls, cars starting pulling into our yard in the middle of the nite, with their high beams on, shining into our children' bed rooms waking them.
 Now I was getting pissed off. I managed to get 3 different license plate numbers. I even followed one car one nite. I found out who this guy was.
 At the time I suspected that maybe (Paul) was getting his freinds to do this. But there was no obvious connection. I didn't go to the police, but I did a little digging of my own, and found out a few things that didn't seem to make sense at the time.
 From the time of the 2nd interview, until 1995, besides the crank calls, late nite cars pulling into my yard, I also receive 2 face to face threats, one was a death threat. I was told by a complete stranger, who walked up to me on the Nfld Ferry, and said "if you tell anybody, we'll kill you". Then this guy turned around, and walked away. Out of the blue, for no reason.
 I really don't think (Paul) was resposible for any of this, and I'm not even sure if this harassment is even related to any of this. Just seems like a very large coincidense doesn't it?
 I was not then or am I now involved drugs or criminal activity that could have brought this on. I am just a regular family man, working as a tradesman. Go figure. Around this time, a couple of odd things happened, which at the time, I didn't connect with this at the time. I just put it off to coincidense. I won't bother going into that here.
(to be cont'd)

Fed Up

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2009, 10:25:46 AM »
During the late 80's-early 90's, I was having a hard time finding employment, despite having the second highest certificate you can attain in my trade(eng), and many years exp. Basically I was getting the left overs. Whether this was connected, who knows. Up to this point, I hadn't told anybody, with the exception of my wife, one other person and of course, the RCMP. I wasn't out broadcasting this.
Yet, it was getting back to me, rumors were being started about me, not good ones. One I heard had me being an ex-cop.(I did serve in the navy, as a tradesman) I was in a local watering one nite,sitting at the bar, minding my own business, when I over heard a conversation, between 2 guys, talking to the bartender and others, standing around the end of the bar, describing me as a "hitman". Bizzare"! They didn't realise I was sitting at the bar, but they were talking about me like they knew me.
 I wasn' well known in the community, but my ex-wife's family was a prominent family. Her father had been involved in politics at some, before I moved to the area. I could go to the neighbourhood watering holes, and nobody usually knew who I was, or so I thought. Smalltown rumor mill, you got to love it.
(to be con'd)

Fed Up

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2009, 11:14:27 AM »
Now around 1992-93, I doing relieve work(relieving crew on unionized vessels). On of the guys I am working with, after hearing my story about having a hard time finding work), tells me that I have to join a "lodge" to "make it" in the union. Lodge? Heh it's good enough for Fred Flintstone. He also tells me, in order to "get in", I have to be sponsored by another member who knows me.
 At this point, not having a clue, just wanting to find work, I get out the Yellow Pages and look up Lodges. First one I come across "Elks". So I go to Elks Lodge go to the bar and see if there is anybody I know. No one looks familar, back to the Yellow Pages. I realise, that I sailed with a fellow, a cook, who was a "Grand" something or another (and made a point of letting you know it) in one of these Yellow Pages Lodge. So I give him a call, he remembers me (turns out, we would work for the same company shortly after). He says he would sponsor me, just go down, get an application form, fill it out, then they would "investigate" my applicatin. Whatever that meant. So I do as I'm told. And again, forget about it. Now this the last conversation I have with this guy(call him (Jimmy),I left a couple phone messages, but got no return call. In my last posting about this, I'll mention what became of (Jimmy). None of this is probably related, but is just seems like a lot of strange coincidences.
(to be cont'd)

Fed Up

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2009, 11:57:23 AM »
Well, needless to say, I never did hear back from (Jimmy's) "Fred Flintstone" Lodge, at least not officially. I'm quessing I didn't meet their "cryteria". I'll get back to that later as well as (Jimmy's) epoloque.
 My next contact with the RCMP, was while was visiting my ex-family in Nfld. I was pulled over by a RCMP ghost car in 1999-00, for going "too slow". I was going 90 km/hr in a 90km/hr zone. The vehicle was on cruise control.
(to be cont'd)

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2009, 01:36:23 PM »
for some reason, fedup, that guy was untouchable.  Therefore, the whole case and continuous attempts to make you drop it....echos the cases surrounding Shannon Murrin.... the cases in New Waterford as well..... cover-up from flatfoots to politicians ...whatever it takes - because the killer is one of the "untouchables"....someone with commuity status, or information that gives him immunity....like Protected Informants.
I'm glad you're getting your story out here!  Makes me proud!.... Should make D1 proud too.