Author Topic: Dana Bradley - December 14, 1981 - Age 14 - Murdered - St. John's, NL  (Read 141572 times)

TrialAndError

• View Profile
Re: Dana Bradley - December 14, 1981 - Age 14 - Murdered - St. John's, NL
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 12:04:42 AM »
Minus passengers of course.

who knows maybe the car went off a cliff with one of the other missing persons cases victoms in it?

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 07:31:19 AM »
good point....these cold blooded....oversexed animals don't stop with one incident.

mauvelilac

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 12:53:55 PM »
I didn't want to go there, that's why I added minus passengers but you know anything is possible.

TrialAndError

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 03:07:12 AM »
i think what frustrates me the most is the lack of information that is available on this case. i guess there is really no such thing as freedom of information because no matter which way i turn to get any sort of information i get turned away or ignored...I'm beginning to think authorities and people who are informed on this case dont want it to be solved....I'm beginning to think that something is being hidden to this day...

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 01:12:00 PM »
Trial I would google for chat sites and public bulletin boards in NFLD, if I were you, and leave messages or blogs and you email address.

D1

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 04:05:30 PM »
Wow! excellent detail. Something strange is going on out there in Newfoundland.
This was the sketch of the suspect released back at the time. I saved it a long time ago from a site that appears to have disappeared from the internet.  Any similarities?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 04:47:26 PM by D1 »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 04:47:15 PM »

That's a pretty amazing story Fed Up. It really sounds like this murder had the potential of being solved a long time ago. At the very least the person you are talking about should have been investigated far more thoroughly.

Good work D1, for providing the sketch.

D1

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 05:12:04 PM »
This is the best info to ever surface in this murder. Obviously it should be investigated but as seen in several other cases, there seems to be a troubling level of official obstruction that prevents this from getting any further. This was reported as one of the cases that sticks in the hearts and minds of all Newfoundlanders to this day. I hope that someone will have some idea's on how to approach a case like this to get beyond the obstruction. It's not fair for it to be left like this.

D1

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 05:44:25 PM »
You did all you could at the time believing as we all would, that the police were intent on solving the murder of a young girl. When that belief falls apart, unfortunately the burden gets placed on the individuals with the knowledge of the obstruction to pursue other options. Given the degree of interest and disgust existing over this murder to this day, maybe the media would be the way to go. I know there were Newfoundland reporters who were interested in this case recently and there was even a fifth estate story done on this case at one time. Peter Gullage at the CBC in Newfoundland may be interested in following up on this??

Whatever you do after this point, make sure you have left a signed statement regarding the events with someone you trust, and keep in touch here letting everyone know whats happening.

Maybe others will have some more suggestions.

D1

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 06:07:48 PM »
Once you have gone this far and are in this deep, it's way safer to be in the public eye than not. You survived this far, its unlikely "they" would want to do anything that would draw even more attention to what you are saying now. Don't want to wish you luck, wish you success and want you to stay in touch with all of us. Maybe we can figure out some other avenues to pursue and to keep you safe.
all the best.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 06:13:19 PM »

In the event that you do decide to go ahead and try to contact someone, make sure that you proceed with caution. I also think it is sound advice that D1 has given regarding a signed statement.

Please do keep us informed here on what is happening.

D1

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 06:47:47 PM »
Something is definitely wrong and no witness should have to deal with this type of stuff on their own in this country. Please leave at least one, but preferably multiple copies of your statement of events with anonymous trusted confidents right away.
Someone in the media will be interested in this story. Keep trying, and at some time, maybe Dana's family should be considered as well.

D1

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 10:45:00 PM »
Now there's a good look into the can of worms. It was reported back then that the Newfoundland police were investigating everyone in the province who owned a car like this. So here we have a suspect being reported who had access to same type car and the police don't pursue it?? What does that say? Would Dna have been found?? Who knows now.. The only way to get to the bottom of this is with a real investigation. There has been enough new info provided here to warrant that now. Whatever went wrong with the original investigation has to be investigated and stopped if this case is ever to be solved..

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 11:33:10 PM »
I realize we don't have the POI's name; however, a blind man with a cane could find the problem  ::) no offense to my fellow brainstormers - most are too polite to just come out and say "clearly this ****** was from a predominant or popular family .....at least attached to someone who had influence with the local cops."....... simple .... it's who ya know!
Baba Dona could understand this pretty quick - it's why Alexandra W. case has never seen justice. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 11:35:25 PM by lostlinganer »

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 11:35:31 AM »
Fed Up; I applaud you on your appearance in this forum.  I only hope you have written a thorough statement, and had it notorized by a qualified notary (my family often asks "a priest to do this.)  At least they are less likely to go running to the "powers that be" behind your back.  Please stay onboard here and feel free to message any of us when you feel the need.