Author Topic: Tashina Cheyenne Vaughn General | Murder| Ohsweken, Ontario (Jan 08) | SOlved  (Read 9416 times)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Missing From:   Six Nations Reserve, Ohsweken, Ontario

Date Missing:   January 22, 2008

Description:   Female, native, 21 yrs, 5?7?, 150 lbs, brown eyes, wears black rimmed glasses, long brown hair, small T shaped scar on left brow, round dark brown birthmark on back of left thigh. 

Remarks:   Last seen in the vicinity of Chiefswood Road & 4th Line Road in the Village of Ohsweken on January 22, 2008.

If located or if you have knowledge of her whereabouts, contact Insp. Terry Martin or Det./Sgt. Darren Montour @ 519-445-2811
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 06:05:11 AM by Carol-Lynn »

Shwa

• View Profile
Man charged in General's slaying; Former boyfriend faces second-degree murder trial
Posted By Vincent Ball
Posted 6 hours ago
A 20-year-old Six Nations man has been charged with second-degree murder in the death of Tashina General.

Kent Owen Hill, a former boyfriend of General's, was arrested at a motel in North Bay by Six Nations police. He appeared in court in Brantford on Tuesday.

General, 21, who was pregnant at the time of her death, was strangled, police said in a statement Tuesday.

A statement issued by the force Monday saying it was "not involved in a homicide investigation" was inaccurate.

On Tuesday, police confirmed that her remains were found on wooded property owned by the accused's father.

Brantford Expositor story: http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1007030

--------------------------------------------------

Ex Faces Murder Charge

Six Nations police have charged a former boyfriend of Tashina General, and star player for the champion Six Nations Arrows Express lacrosse team, with her death.

Police charged Kent Owen Hill, also known as Kent Squire-Hill, with second-degree murder.

Hill, 20, was arrested in a North Bay motel. He lives on the reserve but until recently attended Onondaga Community College in Syracuse, N.Y.

Hamilton Spectator Story: http://www.thespec.com/News/Local/article/361983
--------------------------------------------------
Man `known' to slain pregnant woman charged

Apr 29, 2008 01:41 PM
THE CANADIAN PRESS

BRANTFORD?A 20-year-old man has been charged with second-degree murder in the death of a pregnant 21-year-old woman from an Ontario Six Nations reserve.

Tashina Cheyenne General was last seen leaving her mother's home in the village of Ohsweken on Jan. 22.

A police dog found her remains in a bush area last Friday during a joint search by Six Nations and provincial police.

Six Nations police arrested Kent Hill of Ohsweken yesterday at a motel in North Bay and charged him today.

An autopsy has revealed the woman was strangled.

Six Nations police say Hill and General were known to each other.

Toronto Star story: http://www.thestar.com/News/Ontario/article/419587

--------------------------------------------

Six Nations Police Press Releases: 
http://www.snpolice.ca/press/PR%2028Apr08-1.pdf
http://www.snpolice.ca/press/PR29Apr08.pdf

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
That is really too bad. I am glad they made an arrest. It is always much worse when the victim is so young and pregnant.

waabzy

• View Profile
The sad thing is that both Amber and her exboyfriend/father of her baby were both good kids. Amber was #1 dancer at the SIx Nations Pow WOw just the summer before she went missing. The boyfriend is a university student ( A Grades) with high hopes for a good future. A baby was not in his plans and he lacked the excitement of the upcoming birth that Amber had.   Both were lacrosse players and stars on their teams.
Its unbelievably sad that two good families had to experience this.
And now another small child is being raised by family instead of his mother as he should be.
Both families are seeking help from Elders to come to an understanding. The entire community is grieving not one, not two, but three losses.
Amber and her unborn baby, and the killer who is now in prison.
He is young. Hopefully he will seek counselling in prison, finish his university there and seek the community and Amber's family forgiveness and be able to return and continue to do good for the community he was very proud to be a member of.

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile

This is so sad. Yet it happens time and again. I wish young people who are in a situation, they are unsure of, would talk to the Elders, and ask for advice.I know how one can blow things up in their mind, and see only the hardship, fear, and do something so crazy it defies description.

I do hope the families can make peace, but it will be a long road.Two young , vibrant kids, with their life ahead of them, and also a baby on the way. What a tragedy.

RIP Tashina You are now in the arms of the creator, along with your unborn. :'(

(((((((HUGS)))))))))) to all friends and families of this couple, may you find some sort of peace...

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Indeed, it is always so much worse when the victims are so young.

waabzy

• View Profile
CORRECTION  TASHINA NOT AMBER.  I  was thinking of Amber Young when I posted this but I meant to say TASHY in this post.
Sorry

In memory of tashina

• View Profile
It has almost been a year since Tashina went missing. She was a friend of mine and I think about her everyday.  I put the following quote below for a couple of reasons. The person who wrote this spoke about Kent and Tashina like they knew them. Tashina didn?t dance at a powwow that summer.  So therefore she wasn't the #1 dancer at the Six Nations Powwow, she worked that summer. I can't speak for Kent but I'm pretty sure he wasn't an ?A? student.

A baby wasn't in Tashina's plans either but accidents happen.  Tashina was ready to raise that baby with or without him.  Tashina had plans of attending university. How is another small child being raised by a family instead of a mother? Tashina never had kids.

He doesn't deserve a university degree, he doesn't deserve councilling. Did he ever think of Tashina's university degree or anything else when he strangled the life from her.  I am from the same community and he will never get my forgiveness. He took the life of a woman and a baby.  He never gave the baby a chance at life. 

Why is his life any better than her?s? Did he think it might ruin his lacrosse career? Kent obviously thought his life was worth more than Tashina?s. She will never have a chance at a university degree or a career or carrying for her baby or watching the baby grow or hold the baby in her arms for the first time.  Her family will never see the baby learn to talk and grow.  The baby didn?t even get the chance to breathe.  So why should Kent enjoy anything in life.

He was questioned several times about Tashina and all he said was he dropped her off at work. Instead he buried her in a shallow grave behind his parents house. He carried on with his life telling everyone he had nothing to do with her disappearance including the police.

I think the community may be more welcoming to forgiveness if it happened and he turned himself in that day.  It wasn?t like it was a accident like he hit her in the head with something. He stood there strangling her with the full intent and conclusion she would die but did he do anything when the family was looking for her pleading on tv to help find her? No he continued to deny he had anything to do with it.  And for that I hope he stays in jail forever. At the same time I wish Canada?s laws were harsher.

So don?t say that he?s a good kid. A good kid would never murder anyone with their bare hands then pretend like everything is ok and carry on with life.

The sad thing is that both Amber and her exboyfriend/father of her baby were both good kids. Amber was #1 dancer at the SIx Nations Pow WOw just the summer before she went missing. The boyfriend is a university student ( A Grades) with high hopes for a good future. A baby was not in his plans and he lacked the excitement of the upcoming birth that Amber had.   Both were lacrosse players and stars on their teams.
Its unbelievably sad that two good families had to experience this.
And now another small child is being raised by family instead of his mother as he should be.
Both families are seeking help from Elders to come to an understanding. The entire community is grieving not one, not two, but three losses.
Amber and her unborn baby, and the killer who is now in prison.
He is young. Hopefully he will seek counselling in prison, finish his university there and seek the community and Amber's family forgiveness and be able to return and continue to do good for the community he was very proud to be a member of.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
I'm very sorry about your friend, it is very sad.

And yes, I agree. A good kid would not kill someone and then cover it up.

raisinpie

• View Profile
To In Memory of Tashina:  thank you for the update and clarifications about Tashina and Kent.  I notice frequently, on this website, that people write as if they know the deceased, accused and so on.  People make a lot of assumptions based on information in the media and such information, which, a lot is speculation and inference could be entirely false.  Lots of people walk around doing good works, but that doesn't necessarily make them good or honest or non-abusive people.  So, it takes people like you to set the records straight, specifically to this very sad story.  Thank you for that! And we will remember Tashina!

raisinpie

• View Profile
Sheesh!  Alas Tashina is not there to tell her side of exactly what happened!  Too sad for you Kent.. selfish!

http://www.nllinsider.com/2010/12/03/kent-squire-hill-second-degree-murder-trial-for-the-death-of-tashina-general-under-way/