Author Topic: Timothy Krajcir 'I regret doing all of it,' says serial killer  (Read 3591 times)

Carol-Lynn

By AP

CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. -- A confessed serial killer said he came clean to authorities about decades-old murders after a host of therapy sessions in prison helped him begin to understand the magnitude of his crimes.

"I wanted everything I had done behind me," Timothy Krajcir told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch in a phone interview from his cell at the Cape Girardeau County Jail. "I had to make disclosure for several reasons.

"I told them things they knew nothing about."

Krajcir, 63, spoke after being arraigned in a video feed inside a Jackson, Mo., courtroom on 13 charges, including the murders of five women in Cape Girardeau between 1977 and 1982.

Authorities say he has confessed to killing nine women from four states in the late 1970s and early 80s, but so far he has pleaded guilty only to two murders in Illinois.

He has been in prison continuously since 1983 for unrelated sexual crimes, and authorities say his confession was made with the assurance he wouldn't face the death penalty.

Krajcir didn't discuss pending charges during the newspaper interview, in which he expressed remorse yet tried to put some distance between who he is and what he did.

"I regret doing all of it, but it's 30 years ago," he said. "I wish a lot of things could have been different, but that's the way it was."

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/World/2008/03/15/pf-5014541.html

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
Re: Timothy Krajcir 'I regret doing all of it,' says serial killer
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 02:22:35 PM »
Confess, plead guilty= no Death Penalty

I guess in order to confess to events, that are so horrifically crazy, and resulting in death, one would have to distance himself from the crime. The reality is tho', that for every confession, he will be sucked into the degenerosity of what he did.

Like WHY????? I also noted by confessing and pleading guilty to 2 murders, he doesn't get the Death Penalty. One more thing, is, he must have done some heavy duty crimes to have been in jail this long anyway.

"But it was 30 years ago"  Ok, but if he wasn't locked up, he would have continued, it is only jail, confinement, that made him stop. >:( >:( >:( >:(

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 10:36:29 PM »
I too have always wondered why some killers are so quick to tell every detail that they can't stop talking  and some never talk at all. It has never quit amazing me at the calm and matter of fact way that some killers will describe their crimes. As someone who has always been interested in what creates a serial killer or if they are actually born I have watched the taped confessions of many killers. Some of the coldest being two of the people in the above post, Gary Ridgeway, the Green River Killer and Dennis  Rader, BTK. I remember thinking that they could have been describing what they ate for lunch that day rather than the graffic detail of many grisly murders. I have always wondered if the ones who won't tell at all just don't need the notoriaty of talking but rather gain the power that they need from holding the last card. They may find pleasure in simply knowing that they have that much power. In many cases they already have nothing to lose. 

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 01:57:07 PM »
I too have always wondered why some killers are so quick to tell every detail that they can't stop talking  and some never talk at all. It has never quit amazing me at the calm and matter of fact way that some killers will describe their crimes. As someone who has always been interested in what creates a serial killer or if they are actually born I have watched the taped confessions of many killers. Some of the coldest being two of the people in the above post, Gary Ridgeway, the Green River Killer and Dennis  Rader, BTK. I remember thinking that they could have been describing what they ate for lunch that day rather than the graffic detail of many grisly murders. I have always wondered if the ones who won't tell at all just don't need the notoriaty of talking but rather gain the power that they need from holding the last card. They may find pleasure in simply knowing that they have that much power. In many cases they already have nothing to lose. 

Some seem to find almost as much pleasure in the attention as the killing. Then there there are freaks like Pickton who won't open his mouth. I'm not sure why he keeps his trap shut excpet that maybe he does think he will be free one day.