Welcome to UnsolvedCanada.ca

This forum lists unsolved murders and missing people from Canada and other related discussions. If you wish to add a case, please create an account and add it, or send the information using the 'Contact' link on the top menu. Please Read The Rules Here.

Question:

Why are many people unwilling to provide tips to police that could solve a murder?

Author Topic: Current Missing People Cases in Toronto  (Read 3579 times)

Swordmaster

• View Profile
Current Missing People Cases in Toronto
« on: March 15, 2008, 03:20:05 AM »
I apologize for seeming abrupt and slightly childish but I would like all available news and information regarding current Toronto cases involving missing people. Any information is acceptable. Cases close to the downtown area of Toronto is preferable.

First of all, I will not lie, nor will I fib; I intend to do some personal investigation on the cases posted here. The sooner I hear of them (and the more recent) the better my investigation will go. I do not wish for people to take this as a false movement, so I would like truthful and immediate information regarded with the utmost seriousness.

Thank you for your time,

Ray Higure

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
Re: Current Missing People Cases in Toronto
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 04:39:16 AM »

Hello again Ray,

You can find the information on Toronto, threads. Just go to Ontario, and then Toronto. Current missing people in Toronto.

You can find info here, as well as other missing sites. Good Luck! :)

Chris

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 12:56:49 AM »
Glad you are taking an interest in these kinds of cases. Kind of weird, Toronto is the biggest city, yet so few concern themselves with the missing and unsolved murdered. There is a quite a lot of cases listed in this section, you'll be very busy with them.

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 03:42:29 AM »
Ray Higure: You are interesting.

Just me again, was wondering if you have come across any information about Holly Painter? You appeared to be interested in her case.

If perhaps you do find anything from news reports, or from the web, please post them here. We welcome all who wish to help. Thankyou, there are many unsolved cases.

cody99

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 10:43:08 PM »
I've been looking through the message boards, and I can't believe how many people are going through the same thing and how many loved ones are missing.

My live-in boyfriend has been missing since January 14, 2008, for more information:
http://steverhudson.blogspot.com
Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10078381402&ref=mf

Please spread the pictures and storh of my dear Steve as much as possible.  I love him and miss him like crazy and I need everyone's help to get him home,
Thanks,
Cody

Chris

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 06:43:51 AM »
Hi Cody,

Thanks for posting, sorry about your boyfriend. I hope he is found soon or comes back.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 01:51:41 PM »
 I am using this page to comment on a case that was not solved in the Belleville-Trenton area.  I do not see it on here.  She was murdered on her way home from town in 2003 or 2004, I am not sure of the date.  Her name was Christine MacVicar, I believe.  I know her last name was MacVicar and she was from Glace Bay, N.S.  Her murderer was never caught and she was staying with relatives where the military lived.  We always believed in our area that it possibly could be a military person. This crime was never solved and we never hear a thing about it.  Hoping you will find the information, I have no way of getting it and don't know what means can be given to get it on this site.  Hoping you can do something.  Thanks.   ::) ::) ::) ???

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 05:27:27 PM »
I did not see it on here, but thanks, I will look it up.  The years go by so quickly, I never thought it was that long ago.  Sorry, I did get the name wrong.  I definitely will check out that site.  Thanks again.  ::)

bebe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 01:32:56 PM »
From what I know, the link in Kathleen MacVicar's murder was to an attack in London, Ontario.  The woman got away from the attacker, so thankfully there wasn't a murder.

I shared a cubicle with Kathleen at a call centre in Belleville at the time of her murder.  We were all so devastated.  She was an amazing young woman. 

I live in Peterborough now, so the Stanley Tippett case has really hit close to home too.  I just can't wrap my head around how people can do such horrible things.

capeheart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 08:23:37 PM »
Bebee, thanks for your replay and that you knew Kathleen. I did not know her, but know of her people in Glace Bay, we have the same last name. My sister lives in Belleville and at the time was really upset about what happened to her and she went to the ceremony for Kathleen. I do remember of another attack on a woman in Toronto and they feel it is the same person possibly. Was there any question of it being someone in the military, because this happened around military quarters. This person you speak of Stephen Tippett, is that on this site? I don't think I heard of that. Welcome to you and thanks for your information. ::) ::) ::) ::)

A garden of tears: the murder of Kathryn-Mary Herbert

A casefile of events and story related to the 1975 murder of Kathryn Mary Herbert (Sutton).

Click Here