Author Topic: Brit convicted of killing five prostitutes  (Read 1932 times)

Carol-Lynn

Brit convicted of killing five prostitutes
« on: February 22, 2008, 10:26:24 AM »

February 22, 2008
Brit convicted of killing five prostitutes
By AP

LONDON -- A former pub manager was found guilty in a British court yesterday of killing five women who worked as prostitutes in the eastern English town of Ipswich.

Steve Wright faces life in prison for the murders, which shocked Britain.

The women's naked bodies were found in isolated areas of Ipswich over a 10-day period in December 2006.

The 49-year-old Wright admitted visiting prostitutes and knowing the dead women, but he denied killing them. However, prosecutors said blood, fibres and other forensic evidence linked him to the crimes.

Stories about the gruesome deaths were splashed across British newspapers and television screens for weeks. They also prompted a manhunt involving more than 500 police officers from more than 30 forces.

Wright showed no emotion as the jury in Ipswich Crown Court found him guilty of murdering the five women, who ranged in age from 19 to 29.

They were identified as: Gemma Adams, 25; Tania Nicol, 19; Anneli Alderton, 24; Paula Clennell, 24; and Annette Nicholls, 29.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/World/2008/02/22/pf-4867725.html

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Brit convicted of killing five prostitutes
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 12:47:23 AM »
I wonder what life in prison over there maens? I understand they are even more criminal friendly then Canada.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 12:31:48 AM »
30 years. Not bad. I am surprised they have a longer period then Canada.

Adrian

• RIP Adrian (1953 - 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 03:03:56 AM »
These cops work FAST,  no fiddling around, in your face news, and they got their man. No hiding it!!! 8) 8) 8)

Stories about the gruesome deaths were splashed across British newspapers and television screens for weeks. They also prompted a manhunt involving more than 500 police officers from more than 30 forces.

Wright showed no emotion as the jury in Ipswich Crown Court found him guilty of murdering the five women, who ranged in age from 19 to 29.

This killer seems to me to be more of a spree killer, unless he has done more killings earlier than this spree.
Like Ted Bundy, he was a serial killer, organized, then towards the end he went on a killing spree, left clues, dis-organized, and was caught.

I wonder what triggered the Ipswich Killer? ??? ??? >:( >:( >:( >:(

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 01:35:01 AM »
That is what happens I guess when the powers that be order the police to make it a priority. Here, they won't let that kind of stuff happen.