Author Topic: Katelyn Noble (Teens) | Missing | Radisson, SK | Aug 2007  (Read 46281 times)

icefire

• View Profile
Re: Katelyn Noble (Teens) | Missing | Radisson, SK | Aug 2007
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2014, 07:11:03 PM »
Hello HalifaxMother,

Thanks for your interest in Katelyn's case.  In the summer of 2013, Katelyn's mom returned to the small town of Radisson, SK to do yet a third search for her.  With a bunch of courageous volunteers, they set out to find anything relating to Katelyn.  The search found nothing.  The police did tell us that they know that Katelyn is deceased.  :(   
Although the search last year did not find anything, the police did tell us that they had more information that was brought to their attention regarding Katelyn's disappearance. We are hoping that this case will be solved soon. 

HalifaxMother

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2014, 04:49:26 AM »
Hello :)  I too hope this case is solved soon, this girl was very young and the sad part is that it happens more often than we think. Nobody deserves the heart ache and pain from emptiness of not having your baby anymore and not knowing where she is makes it worse. Good luck on the next searches to come, someone knows something and in time it will come out and this little angel will be found and can be laid to rest.

icefire

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2014, 08:00:16 AM »
Thank you for the kind words.  I was one of the volunteers and I have met Katelyn's mom.  I think she is the strongest and toughest woman I have meet!  You are correct to say that someone knows something and it is just a matter of time before the truth is found.  I really hope that we, the volunteers, and especially her mom, can lay Katelyn to rest. 

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2015, 04:13:01 AM »
It does seem rather odd the lack of information or pleas from the police lately, but I suspect they are still working on this waiting for the one tip that will break this open.

I hope that the person(s) who have wanted to contact police, but thus far have not, will have a change of heart.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2016, 11:48:43 PM »
Human remains found a short drive south of where she went missing.

zarasummer

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2016, 06:35:52 PM »
Hi everyone, summer passed by still waiting. The body found near where Katelyn disappeared was a male. may he rest in peace....
Heard the trial for Amanpreet Bahia will start again in New Westminster September 12th, 2016 to continue for 25 days...they really are milking it these high and mighty lawyers and crown councilors, It could take us a lot less time. ok but the main thing is he; Eduard Barenic is going to be in prison for an awful long time (forever).
As soon as the trial is over they will charge him with the murder of Katelyn regardless of finding her remains. Then another crazy waiting game begins....
Just to clear things up I, Katelyn's mom live in Mission, divorced from the father in 2001, he got custody, because he was the main bread winner, ok fine I saw them every second week until my job at home depot interfered with that plan. The visits were scattered and short, she was introduced to bad drugs... I was unaware. Living with a father who works all the time has no time to supervise a teen girl....the nanny did her best....bless her.
Ed was a business partner of ****, Katelyn and **** may have had a great distance in their ages but they loved each other....don't be so surprised

**edited to remove name
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 11:05:10 PM by debbiec »

devlee

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2018, 05:21:45 PM »
Formal 1st degree murder charges finally laid.

CTV Saskatoon
Published Wednesday, September 26, 2018 10:28AM CST
Last Updated Wednesday, September 26, 2018 4:31PM CST

The RCMP historical crimes unit has cracked an 11-year-old case.

On Tuesday an arrest was made and charges were laid in the death of Katelyn Marie Noble, according to a police news release.

Katelyn was 15-years-old when she disappeared from the Radisson area in 2007. The 11 year-long search spanned the country from Ontario to British Columbia.

Eduard Viktorovit Baranec, 41, was arrested at a federal prison in B.C. where he is serving time on another matter. He was charged with first degree murder and indignity to a human body. He is a convicted hit man, hired more than a decade ago by a B.C. man to kill his wife.

Baranec knew Katelyn and her boyfriend and the three operated a grow-op in the house she lived in, RCMP say.

Investigators hope the arrest and charging of Baranec begin to provide Katelyn’s family with some measure of comfort, RCMP say.

He made his first court appearance by video Wednesday morning at Saskatoon Provincial Court.

He is scheduled to be back at court October 16.