Author Topic: Katelyn Noble (Teens) | Missing | Radisson, SK | Aug 2007  (Read 49025 times)

monster

• View Profile
Re: Katelyn Noble (Teens) | Missing | Radisson, SK | Aug 2007
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2010, 02:07:55 PM »
Hello everything, this is a horrible tragedy. It's been three years now and it appears hope is fading. My best thoughts and wishes are with the family going through this horrible time. Does anyone know or can think of any sociological, psychological or anthropological reasons for her disappearance. Obviously drug habits were a factor, the unstable family, her desire to be closer with her father. This would be a big help. Thanks. Again, my prayers go to her family.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2010, 12:25:01 AM »
I happen to be in Radisson on Friday and thought about this case. Small towns are bad places to keep secrets like this, so the sad thing is, if no one has heard from her in 3 yeasr, it does not look good. I understand she might ahve left town, but you'd think someone would have herd from her. I wonder about that boyfriend.

If anyone has an update, please let us know.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2011, 11:09:08 PM »
I have been unsuccessful in finding any kind of update on Katelyn's disappearance.
I'm posting this information as a reminder that Katelyn is still missing.

Katelyn Marie Noble was last seen in the Radisson, Saskatchewan district in mid August, 2007.  Katelyn has had no contact with her family or friends in Mission, British Columbia and her whereabouts are unknown.

Katelyn was born April 4, 1992, is a caucasian female, 5'7" tall, 126 lbs, light brown (bleached blonde) hair, blue eyes and has a very visible mole on her left cheek.

Submit a tip on-line

If you have any information please submit a tip online or call 1-800-222-8477, *8477 on Sask-Tel Mobility or text TIP206 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637)

http://www.saskcrimestoppers.com/missing-person/309-katelyn-noble

raisinpie

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2011, 09:50:15 PM »
http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110124/bc_bahia_murder_110124/20110124?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

Husband, 2 others charged in Surrey murder
By: ctvbc.ca

Date: Monday Jan. 24, 2011 7:03 PM PT

The husband of a Surrey, B.C. mother found slain four years ago has been charged with first-degree murder, along with two others.

Amanpreet Kaur Bahia, 33, was found face down in a pool of blood in her home on Feb. 7, 2007. One of her three young children was found crying next to her body.

On Monday, RCMP announced charges against the victim's husband Baljinder Singh Bahia, 41, Surrey realtor Tanpreet Kaur Athwal, 42, and Burnaby resident Eduard Viktorovitch Baranec, 33.

RCMP E Division spokesperson Cpl. Annie Linteau said Baranec is known to police and all three suspects are known to each other. Athwal was working as a realtor for Century 21 as recent as a year ago.

Linteau could not confirm the cause of Bahia's death, but described the crime scene as "gruesome and horrific."

"Amanpreet was the mother of three young daughters, age one three and nine. Most disturbing is that Amanpreeet's two young daughters were left to fend for themselves for more than three hours until their mother's body was discovered," Linteau told reporters at a press conference Monday afternoon.

Bahia's cousin Harpal Sandhu gave a tearful statement to reporters, expressing gratitude to police for their work in the investigation.

"I don't know how to say thank you, thank you so much. Now my sisters will maybe have a little peace," she said. "I just pray for you guys that you are successful on this case."

Sandhu recalled the strain put on her family by some in the community who doubted a murder had even occurred. "We can't stay in the temple because everybody [is] blaming us," she said.

Police say the husband had been identified as a suspect in Bahia's death for some time.

A crack in the case

B.C. homicide investigators got a crack in the years-old case in December after receiving fresh information from Mounties working on a cold case file in Saskatchewan.

Investigators there were probing the disappearance of 15-year-old Katelyn Noble when they found a piece of information that led to the Bahia charges.

Noble had moved from Mission, B.C. to Regina in 2007.

"Now we continue on with our investigation here and whether there is a connection between the two. Our members are going to work very closely with E Division members as well and that's how incidents like this get solved," Sgt. Paul Dawson told CTV News from Saskatchewan.

Noble's father told CTV News that at one point his daughter and a former boyfriend were living with Baranec in Saskatchewan.

No charges have been laid in her disappearance.

More Indo-Canadian women murdered

Bahia's death received a great deal of community attention given that hers was the third violent death of an Indo-Canadian woman in the Vancouver area within a few months.

In October 2006, the burned body of Manjit Panghali was found in suburban Delta. She was four months pregnant at the time of her death, which according to pathologists was caused by strangulation. Although there were no suspects immediately after her death, Mukhtiar Panghali, her husband, has since been charged with second-degree murder. His trial wrapped up in December last year no verdict has yet been released.

A few days later, Navreet Waraich, who was 23-years old at the time and mother of a four-month-old boy, was stabbed in her basement suite and died later in hospital. Her husband, Jatinder Waraich, was found guilty in June 2008 of second-degree murder.

In the same month, Gurjeet Kaur Ghuman, a nurse from Coquitlam, was riding in a car with her estranged husband, Paramjit Singh Ghuman, when he shot her in the head before killing himself.

The deaths stunned the Indo-Canadian community who held several meetings to discuss domestic violence.

With files from The Canadian Press

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2011, 11:40:11 PM »
December after receiving fresh information from Mounties working on a cold case file in Saskatchewan.

I hope this also leads to an arrest in the Noble case. It is so very sad.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2011, 04:08:07 PM »
Murder arrests gives hope Mission family
MISSION/CKNW(AM980)
Charmaine de Silva | Email news tips to charmaine.desilva@corusent.com
1/24/2011

A Mission man is hopeful one of the arrests in the Bahia murder will spark new life into the case of his missing daughter.

15-year-old Katelyn Noble was last seen in Radisson, Saskatchewan in August of 2007, after running away with her 35-year-old boyfriend.

Doug Noble says the couple ended up living with Eduard Baranec, who's now in police custody. "Right now I'm a little short of breath...my heart is beating...there's not a lot that's happening in my daughter's file in particular."

Noble says he is trying to hang onto hope his daughter is still alive.

http://www.cknw.com/Channels/Reg/NewsLocal/Story.aspx?ID=1351374

aunty jay

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2011, 09:18:47 PM »
this is reallly amazing for the noble family I hope that this is the information that they need to put the questions they have to rest.

Good Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2011, 05:02:18 PM »
Can someone confirm for me if the father Doug Noble is the same Doug Noble on xxxx in xxxx B.C.?  I live in the same area and had no clue his daughter was missing.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 05:56:19 PM by debbiec »

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2011, 06:01:02 PM »
Hi Good Dog and welcome.

Thanks for your concern. I've removed the street name from your post as we should not post that on the public board.

In answer to your question, it could be possible, but don't know.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 07:14:23 PM by debbiec »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2011, 07:19:44 PM »
She did have family in Mission, BC, but I am not sure how they are related.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2011, 07:25:52 PM »
She did have family in Mission, BC, but I am not sure how they are related.

I believe Katelyn's family was/may still be in Mission. She had travelled to SK to be with her boyfriend. She was last seen there. Family may still live in Mission.

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2011, 07:29:24 PM »
yes something like that. Except her mother is in Raddison, SK too.  I guess i missed some of that post above, I thought he was asking about just the father in some town in BC.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2011, 07:39:06 PM »
hello everyone, katelyn's mom here.
The attention is mounting, this is good, the more circulation the better.  My x husband got his say about the law. Hope it helps change things. As far as I am concerned, it was only "speculation" that Katelyn was hitchhiking out of town, but also to let you know, Police are coming to b.c. today and will be interviewing Ed, hope they can find him...Greg has been interviewed, so we shall see what happens next with Ed's story. All we have is ideas about her disappearance. I have horrible thoughts sometimes. Must not go there though...many women have gone missing, it's not right. Growing up in Vancouver was a challange, I avoided a few situations where I could have ended up in trouble big time, eg; not going with willy pickton to his party at the farm!!! back in 74' at the "Grand" in downtown vanc. My reason to not go.... i was under age and had to be home, I had a curfue..  I often told Katelyn to be aware of her feelings and if something seemed wrong then hang back and wait, or run like hell's after you. on that note, bye, zara

This post is written by Katelyn's mom. In it she mentions her ex-husband, so doesn't look like the parents were together at that time. She mentions the police coming to BC. So it sounds like she was in BC then.

aunty jay

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2011, 08:08:43 PM »
The father is in B.C still however I am not sure where the mother is.  Sometimes it is easier after all this time not to explain that you have a daughter just so that noone either feels sorry for your situation or explaining it to people who are only prying for information.

concernedp

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2011, 11:20:37 PM »
This week there was activity at the farm site she was believed to have gone missing from.   RCMP posted at yard for two days.  Hope they found something