Author Topic: The Nation River Lady - Found - May 3, 1975 - Casselman, ON  (Read 34085 times)

jobo

• View Profile
Re: The Nation River Lady - Found - May 3, 1975 - Casselman, ON
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2013, 06:21:36 AM »
Good going, Jessica....Sylvie can be discounted, now.

cana_nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2013, 01:50:53 PM »
I am also leaning towards the theory of someone who had a possible mental disability, at least a physical one, if not both.  Not trying to be rude, but her facial features resemble that of someone who has a possible disability.  Could just be the sketch though.

I am wondering if another poster was right (escapes me who it was at the moment)- it could be she was experimented on.  In fact, if she was disabled, in those days people with disabilities were often sent to live in homes.  Might we be looking for former institutions and the workers in them?  Or, following this theory, she went for a home visit and someone in the family just wanted her gone for good?

tvdocwatchr

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2013, 10:21:53 AM »
The information about what she was wearing (a blue bodysuit) piqued my curiosity, since it's such an unsual article of clothing (at least these days.)  So I did a search on Google and found a few vintage clothing sites selling bodysuits.  Apparently they were quite popular for a few years in the mid to late 1970s.

I found a website that has scanned copies of old Sears catalogues and was looking through a Sears Wishbook Catalogue from 1975 when I found a page featuring women's bodysuits.  One of the models actually looks a bit like the victim (but that would be too farfetched, except maybe on television).

The small villages and towns south of Ottawa were bedroom communities in the 1970s for RCMP, police, firemen, and military personnel who worked in Ottawa.  I think even a member of SIRC (the CSIS review committee) lived in the area at the time.  I always thought it was strange that someone would choose to dump a body in an area where so many military, RCMP, police etc. were living.  Still, if it was someone from Montreal, or someone travelling back and forth between Montreal and Ottawa on a regular basis, it might make sense.  There also was some drug-related activity going on in the area in the 1970s.

lostlinganer

• Silence, in the face of injustice is complicity wi
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2017, 10:17:04 AM »
thanks for the update LG.  .... been a few years since I noticed this case.  Upon reading the last few comments, I find myself wanting to read the thread again... and will in the next few days.  It is always good to go back to an old thread and upon viewing latest comment/s, seem to look at the case with fresh eyes.  Therefore; I entertain a number of facts that may or may not be what I entertained in the past, and have long forgotten.

- the necktie with maple leaf  - Was it purchased by a person in a hotel/motel gift shop which sells such items as souvenirs? If so; was it purchased by an out-of-town tourist? salesman? sports hunter/fisherman? trucker?  regardless, this type of tie is usually not worn for fashion so much as for expression, such as to show temporary patriotism while visiting or attending a function;  however, I think it would be a tie a guy would be more likely to part with if choosing to dispose of one
from his tie collection.

- the guy would be one who would be with this girl and hopefully deny her - as with a prostitute, a one-night stand etc.

modified to say:  I just re-read the 4 pages;  seems it's all been said.

- this girl was probably very attractive ... figure probably good enough for a body suit, pouting lips, which women nowadays have plastic surgery to obtain ... dental work that reflect means (or a good dental plan) ... painted nails usually reflect a woman who wants to "shine".

- the guy wasn't too worried about her being discovered quickly, because he didn't even drag her into the woods or a hidden location.   

..... lets keep it going and start digging into reported missing females at the time.  There are more lists and resources with each year.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 11:43:27 AM by lostlinganer »

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 12:32:14 PM by lostlinganer »

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2017, 01:48:59 PM »
Since most of the news articles posted in previous years have disappeared, I though I might drop this one in here.  http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/nation-river-slaying-victim-had-webbed-feet-police-1.577053

Compare the NRL's photo in this article with the photo of Donna Manson
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 02:05:37 PM by lostlinganer »

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2017, 03:18:00 PM »
I know we post links to pictures, but they usually end up off the servers as media update their systems; so I am putting in the 8 pictures in hopes of keeping the images in this thread for future reference.  If it is a burden on the system, I'm sure debbiec or Chris will cut them out.   ;)

lostlinganer

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2017, 04:52:11 PM »
I cannot get the other 5 pics to upload... maybe too large?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 11:34:50 AM by lostlinganer »