Author Topic: Unknown - August 28, 2005 ? Age 25-45 ? Murdered ? Guelph  (Read 13737 times)

Desespere

Unknown - August 28, 2005 ? Age 25-45 ? Murdered ? Guelph
« on: February 03, 2008, 03:42:34 PM »
Unknown
COD: Suspicious death
DOB:
Date found: August 28, 2005
Location found: Guelph, ON
Date last seen:
Location last seen:

Unknown - August 28, 2005 ? Age 25-45 ? Murdered ? Guelph - The remains of this adult caucasion female were located by a pedestrian in a wooded rest stop/picnic area on Highway 7 west of the Town of Rockwood, Ontario. This is being investigated as a suspicious death. This unidentified female had old facial trauma including a broken nose and left eye socket, resulting deformities were probable and the partial dental plate is due to this old facial trauma. Previous fracture of the left 7th rib of the front rib cage. The victim was wearing a Shirt, Tank top, Beige, Size 10/12, 1 inch straps, round neck line; Shorts, Black, Size 9, Corduroy, 2 horizontal zippered front pockets and two back pockets with button down flaps; Underwear, Brassiere, Pink, Number "31" printed on left cup, Thong style panities, White, Small bow at waist.  Partial upper dental plate consisting of 2 teeth, left incisor and canine. 163 to 168 cm: 5 ft 4 to 5 ft 6 in, 58 to kg : 130 to lbs with medium brown hair. Ontario Provincial Police-Wellington County Detachment; CASE #: 20050002

Woodland

• View Profile
Re: Unknown - August 28, 2005 ? Age 25-45 ? Murdered ? Guelph
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 02:38:48 PM »
Attached is the OPP notice from their database on the unidentified remains of a female found west of Rockwood, near Guelph on 28 August 2005 - case no. 20050002OPP.

She was found at a roadside picnic area covered in a sleeping bag and previously suffered a facial fracture that required extensive dental work to correct.

http://www.missing-u.ca/UIs.aspx

On 17 June 2009 an unidentified female was found in Kenora  - case no. 20090051OPP.

She had a major surgical proceedure to her jaws 15 - 20 years before she was found and a lot of dental work prior to that.

She was found in a tent in a wooded area.  Her age is determined to be 35 - 50 and she was lean and fit.

On 27 October 2006 an unidentified female was found in Bowmanville who also had a major surgical proceedure to her face.  Case no. 20060291OPP.

She either had a fracture to her nose or rhinoplasty surgery, which was well healed at the time of death.  Good dental work was evident.

No one seems to have reported any of these 3 women missing and LE seems unable to trace the surgery or dental work.

jellybean

• Tired of Crime not doing their time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 05:10:04 PM »
Woodland: Case #20090051opp - Kenora - Woman found in tent aged 35-50.
The coroners office is asking for identification? So little information, it is pathetic. I guess they are hoping that relatives will check out their site, and will be able to identify her. As you pointed out, where was her food? Also, no car, and no mentioning of camping gear, apart from the tent.  No jewelery accept beads. No watch. No mention of sleeping bag. Her boots are so worn out that  they look like they were ready to falloff apart. I noticed that they had relatively new shoe laces tho. The tent was also new (by appearances, hardly used, but it's matching blue carrying bag was not mentioned. (Because they didn't find one) There was a mention of a black maple leaf carrying case, and this probably held her few clothes. I have a feeling she worked in or around construction of some type. If you look at her boots,you will see white powder on it, and I don't think it's dust. Also there are little specks of white on them that could be stains from concrete or paint. Tiny speck of white on her jeans. I have a feeling that this is not her tent. I think she was brought there.  The maps are very interesting as well. It is quite a mind teaser.  Hopefully someone out there will check that we site and be able to claim her.

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 08:29:52 AM »
Jellybean - have replied under NW Ontario.  You pose some good questions.

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 08:49:32 AM »
With the Kenora case...this woman was found deceased in her tent....but the book (A Long Way Down) that was found in the tent with her is about several people who get together on a roof-top, contemplating suicide.....this makes me think that this poor woman committed suicide....It is sad she has not been identified....

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 08:52:44 AM »
ooops....I see Woodland already said this on the Kenora post....sorry about that....

me

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 09:44:28 AM »
http://www.570news.com/news/local/article/93843--50-000-reward

$50,000 reward
570 News Aug 26, 2010 10:45:59 AM
Wellington County OPP want the public's help to identify some human remains and they'll pay $50,000 to get it.

At a news conference on Thursday, police announced the reward just for information that will lead to the identification of a woman's remains found near Guelph almost five years ago to the day.

On August 28, 2005, the human remains of a woman were found at a picnic site on Highway 7 west of Rockwood.

The OPP believe foul play was involved, calling this case a "body dump": they believe the woman was dragged a short distance into the woods beside the picnic area about a month before she was found covered by a sleeping bag.

The remains are those of a white woman, 5'6" tall, 130 lbs., with light brown hair, between 25 and 45 years old.

She wore a dental plate and likely had a facial deformity from a broken cheek sustained long before her death.

Her clothing was purchased in the Montreal area.

The OPP believe the reward will not only help identify the victim, but will lead to the apprehension of her killer.

The reward money comes from the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.

More information and pictures of the unidentified woman and her belongings are posted on the OPP website.

Woodland

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 10:15:39 AM »
I have duplicated this thread - it already exists under other locations.  Is it possible to merge the two.  Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 04:39:10 PM »

They've been merged and you are welcome.

Debbie

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 10:45:21 PM »
LE now saying she may be from Montreal because of clothing made from Montreal. Who was missing from Montreal approximately July 2005 that may fit this description?

O.P.P. believe body found near Guelph is a Montreal woman
Updated: Thu Aug. 26 2010 2:37:15 PM

ctvmontreal.ca

The Ontario Provincial Police force is offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to the identification of a woman whose remains were found near Guelph in 2005.

She was found in clothing that was made in Montreal, leading police to believe she is from the city.

The woman was anywhere from 25 to 45 years old, stood 5'4 to 5'6", weighed 130 lbs, and had brown hair.

At some point she had suffered a severe facial injury, and used a dental plate to replace several of her front teeth. The broken nose, fractured left cheekbone, and broken eye socket had healed, but would have left her with a deformity.

An autopsy revealed no recent injuries.

Body was covered by sleeping bag

The woman's partially decomposed body was found on August 28, 2005, in a wooded location at a picnic/rest area on Highway 7 west of Rockwood, Ontario.

Her body was covered with a 'Woods' brand sleeping bag.

Police believe she died one month before she was found.

The woman was found wearing a brown or beige 'Atmosphere' brand tank top, size 9 'Illegal Jeanswear' black shorts that were purchased in Montreal.

Anyone with information is asked to call 1-877-9FIND ME (1-877-934-6363) Toll Free in Canada or email opp.isb.resolve@ontario.ca

With files from The Canadian Press
http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100826/mtl_coldcase_100826/20100826/?hub=MontrealHome

Concerned

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 06:33:15 PM »
This poster shows picture of bra, undies, shorts, partials and composite.

http://www.opp.ca/ecms/files/250383121.8.pdf

BCID

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 12:35:06 AM »
This was posted on Porchlight International on May 21, 2008. At the time, the info from both sources did not list a sleeping bag covering her. The sleeping bag information must have been something they kept quiet.

Note: Information was updated by info from the Court TV television series "Crime Files: Cold Case Edition" hosted by Sue Sgambati. Previous information has been taken from "The Doe Network" and compared with the Ontario Provincial Police web site, Crime Files and the Oral Health Journal web site (as posted by investigating officer) to ensure accuracy. I have rewritten and omitted certain passages where I felt the file was misleading and/or needed more info.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/550ufon.html

http://www.oralhealthjournal.com/issues/IS...2005&PC=&RType=

http://www.opp.ca/unident/20050002.htm

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/in...view=getnewpost

Case File 550UFON

Unidentified White Female

Date of Discovery: August 28, 2005

Location of Discovery: Eramosa Township, east of Guelph, Ontario

Estimated Date of Death: 2 to 7 weeks prior to discovery

Cause of death is unknown. Death is being investigated as suspicious.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances:

The decedent was discovered late morning against a tree in the wooded area of a picnic rest-stop just off Highway 1. The rest-stop is east of Guelph and just minutes drive from the village of Rockwood.

Her head was facing east and her shirt was pulled-up. A partial dental plate was found near the body but at the time no shoes, no jewelry and no ID could be located.

Police think she was dragged into the wooded area by her arms and the person responsible for dumping her used a vehicle of some sort. Most likely a car, van or larger.

The area was secured and a search was made over the next few days by the Emergency Response Team, dog handlers and a helicopter. It was confirmed that no other bodies were located.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 25 - 45 years old

Approximate Height and Weight: 5' 3" - 5' 5"; roughly 110 lbs.

Physical Description: Caucasian female, slim build, Medium-brown or brown hair.

Medical:

The deceased had previous facial injuries consisting of a fractured nose and inumerous fractures to the left eye socket and left side of the face. The left eye socket injury corresponds to the two teeth on the dental plate. Because of the facial damage she may have shown a scar or some type of previous trauma. Her face may have appeared lop-sided or off-kilter.

There is also evidence of a previous fracture to the 7th rib on the left front of her rib cage.

The decedent was suffering from arthritis in the area of the neck to upper lower back area, specifically in the area of the back of the neck. This was due not from aging but from a previous injury either caused by acute or repeated trauma (an automobile accident or repetitive work). In this case, the coroner is leaning towards an accident as a probable cause. This injury may have caused the woman to complain of a sore upper back and upper neck.

All injuries listed were well-healed and happened some time before death.

Dentals:

Dental work done to teeth was basic and inexpensive.

Missing her left side incisor and canine teeth. She wore a partial dental plate to replace the missing two teeth. The loss of the teeth happened a substantial time before death.

Clothing:

Pink brassiere - "31" located on the left cup, label "725 Originals".
The bra she was wearing was a size 34B. 1800 of the brassieres were made by the manufacturer in the summer of 2005 and were sold by Walmart.

thong-style panties with a small bow at the waist,"Rivage Intimate";

beige "Atsmosphere" tank top t-shirt with 1" straps and a round neck line, size 10/12;

black corduroy "Illegal Jeanswear" shorts - with two horizontal zippered front pockets, two back pockets with button down flaps, size 10.
The shorts were manufactured in Quebec and were sold in Great Tiger stores in Ontario.

DNA: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agency Case Number: 20050002
Office of the Chief Coroner number: A934-05

Contacts:

Guelph Ontario Provincial Police
(519) 822-7250

Ontario Provincial Police Communications Centre:
1-888-310-1122

Ontario Crime Stoppers
1-800-222-TIPS (8477)

Note from original poster:
Now I've checked and the websites are saying she was 5'4" - 5'6" in height but on the program Crime Files: Cold Case Edition, both the person from the coroner's office who had the bones out in front of her and the investigating officer said she was 5'3" - 5'5". In addition the investigating officer said she was around 110 lbs.

The officer also said the shorts she wore were size 10, not 9 as listed on some web sites.

The investigating officer at the time was Det. Dave Beckon of the Ontario Provincial Police.

Jessica-

• The truth will come to light; murder cannot be hid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 07:24:35 PM »
http://doenetwork.org/cases/1738dfbc.html

Elaine  IS 5'5
Unidentified is 5'4-5'6

Elaine weighed 149 (In 1989)
Unidentified weighed (130)

Elaine has plastic surgery to fix her cheek and nose
Unidentified had surgery to correct eye socket and nose

Elaine would have been 50
Unidentified is 25-45

Jessica-

• The truth will come to light; murder cannot be hid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 07:41:45 AM »
Opp is fast.

I recieved an e-mail from them since I sent her name in.

"Good morning.
I don't see that DUMBA has been compared as of yet; however, I will pass the information along to the investigating officer for follow-up.
Thank you for your email."

jobo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 07:55:37 AM »
Good going, Jessica.  I found that the OPP answered me fairly quicky too. (Kenora OPP).   Many Police will follow up as many of them want to solve these crimes/disappearances too.  I tell them I am an amatuer sleuther and they are fine with it!  One Cop even said that people like us help them more than we realize....  lol.