Author Topic: Accused denies sex assaultSays incident was a 'sex for crack' deal gone sour  (Read 5493 times)

Carol-Lynn

January 31, 2008

Accused denies sex assaultSays incident was a 'sex for crack' deal gone sour

By TONY BLAIS, COURT BUREAU

An accused rapist claims he did not kidnap an Edmonton teen at knifepoint and sexually assault her in a secluded area and calls it a "sex for crack deal" gone bad.

However, the alleged rape victim denies the defence suggestions and says she has never used crack cocaine.

The 18-year-old has testified she was tackled by a knife-wielding stranger while walking to catch a Mill Woods bus, forced into a Jeep, taken to a remote area and raped.

The petite teen, who cannot be identified under a publication ban, told court she managed to stop the Sept. 5, 2006, attack by calling the man "useless" and ridiculing him for not being able to get women his own age.

She also testified Tuesday that after she began "lipping him off," the man threw her out of the Jeep half naked, saying she was "too much work."

Yesterday, in cross-examination, defence lawyer Graham Johnson suggested to the teen that she had run into his client, Edward Belter, 46, while he was trying to buy crack cocaine and that she proposed they drive to an isolated spot near Ellerslie Road until his dealer came home.

Johnson also suggested to the teen that she and Belter had smoked some of his crack cocaine and that she asked to get some, but said she had no money to buy it with.

Johnson then suggested Belter came up with a plan for her to perform oral sex on him instead of paying for the drugs and she agreed. But, when he couldn't get aroused, they agreed to attempt to have sex.

Johnson suggested Belter was unable to perform and told the teen "it won't work" and they stopped. He then suggested to the teen that she tried to get Belter to give her the last of his crack and, when he refused, she got mad.

Belter then told the teen to get out of the Jeep and threw her clothes after her, suggested Johnson.

"You got the raw end of a sex for crack deal," he said.

"No," replied the teen, denying all of the suggestions.

"I have never touched crack," she said.

Plumber Stephen Krock testified the "shaken and upset" teen had showed up at his acreage and said in a "crying voice" that she had been raped and he had called 911.

Krock told court the teen did not appear to have been drinking or on any drugs.

Ian Draper, the alleged victim's ex-boyfriend, confirmed the teen had been at his Mill Woods home prior to the incident and said he did not accompany her to the bus stop because he was doing laundry and had no clothes to wear.

Draper testified that he had never seen the woman use crack cocaine.

Belter has pleaded not guilty to charges of kidnapping, sexual assault with a weapon, uttering death threats, possession of a dangerous weapon and dangerous driving .

According to agreed facts, a DNA expert has concluded that DNA from sperm found inside the teen was a match for DNA in a blood sample taken from Belter.

The Court of Queen's Bench trial continues today.

kindheart

Nice try buddy!  >:( >:( >:(
Crack or no crack, rape is rape you piece of maggot crap!!!

** I signed back in just so i could use my favorite swear word of Des!!

*ALLEDGED* MAGGOT CRAP  ;D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 12:28:27 PM by kindheart »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Yeah right. If this BS does not warrent an extrememly maximum sentenece I don't know what does. Kidnapping, blaming the victim, weaopons, assult, rape.. this is as bad as it gets where murder is not involved nor kids.

Carol-Lynn

February 9, 2008
Crackhead guilty of kidnapping, raping teen
By TONY BLAIS, COURT BUREAU

An Edmonton crackhead was convicted yesterday of kidnapping a city teen at knifepoint and raping her in a secluded area after a judge rejected the man's evidence.

Edward Wayne Belter, 46, had denied abducting and sexually assaulting the 17-year-old girl and claimed she had simply been on the raw end of a sex-for-crack deal.

"I do not accept or believe that evidence," said Court of Queen's Bench Justice Robert Graesser. "His overall story is incredible and he is an incredible storyteller."

SLUMPED

As the judge went on with his decision, Belter slumped lower and lower in the prisoners' box, sometimes closing his eyes and sometimes covering his face with his hands.

Graesser also rejected the evidence of defence witness Blair Schmidt, who, like Belter, is a drug-addicted criminal.

As well as convicting Belter of kidnapping, sexual assault with a weapon, uttering death threats and possession of a dangerous weapon, he also found him guilty of dangerous driving for leading police on a chase following the rape.

The case was adjourned for a sentencing hearing and for Graesser to rule on whether Belter's charter rights were violated when a police dog chomped on his arm after he crashed the stolen Jeep he was driving and fled on foot.

The Crown prosecutor asked for Belter to be remanded in custody pending the sentencing hearing, saying she would be seeking a "significant" prison term, but the judge said no and ruled he could continue to remain free on bail.

A date for a hearing is slated to be set on March 7.

The victim, who cannot be identified under a publication ban, testified she was tackled by a knife-wielding stranger while walking to catch a Mill Woods bus, forced into a Jeep and raped in a remote area near Ellerslie Road.

The now 18 year old said the Sept. 5, 2006, attack happened after she left her then-boyfriend's home following an argument over his refusal to walk her to the bus stop.

Belter, taking the witness stand in his own defence, testified he knew the victim and had done drugs with her before and said she had agreed to have sex with him in exchange for him buying her some crack cocaine.

PERFORM

Belter told court he was unable to perform so they had to stop and said he ended up throwing her naked outside the Jeep after she tried to smoke the last of his crack.

The victim testified she had never seen Belter before and denied she had ever used crack cocaine.

The woman's former boyfriend also testified he had never seen her use crack cocaine. And a plumber who called 911 after she came to his Ellerslie-area home and told him what had happened said she didn't appear to be on drugs.

Crack or no crack, rape is rape you piece of maggot crap BA HA HA HA

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Crack or no crack, rape is rape you piece of maggot crap BA HA HA HA

Very true, his lawyer was dumb to come up with that defence.

serialbuster

• View Profile
Good evening all,

This will be my first post at this site.  I just want to thank Chris for the warm welcome
and say hello to everyone here.

I was thinking.  Since the victim is claiming she has never used crack she should
be able to prove her end of the argument with simple drug testing.  Not that it
matters and she certainly doesn't have to prove anything to anyone since she is
not the one accused, but it just makes his idiot defence even stupider when you
consider how easy that would be to prove.

My favorite part was the "dangerous driving" charge for leading police on a chase
after the crime and then crashing the STOLEN jeep.  Man, this loser cant even get
anything UP, can he.

-Buster

Carol-Lynn

Hi guys. ;D there is a test if we want to go down that road it is call the hair follicle drug test.This is one of the best ways I know of to test for any kind of drugs.
This poor girl was only walking to the bus stop when she was raped.I guess this is another case of oh oh she wanted crack so it was ok to rape her back peddling crap. >:(

Ya know what this reminds me of a question I was asked a while back,Let me go and see if I can find it,

Should rape and prostitution laws be repealed since police and the justice system basically just ignore these crimes anyway?

http://www.answerbag.co.uk/q_view/126321

I am sure glad this poor girl was not a prostitue she would have been hung out to dry by now.