Author Topic: Patty-Jo Kelly- Jan 17th, 2001 Brechin ON  (Read 4831 times)

kindheart

Patty-Jo Kelly- Jan 17th, 2001 Brechin ON
« on: January 30, 2008, 02:47:53 PM »
KELLY, Patti-Jo age 38:- mother of one (a.k.a Patti- Jo Collard and Patti-Jo Leathley)
Went missing from her Gamebridge Ont, home on January 17th, 2001. Her body was discovered approximately 58 days later in Brechin Ont and police concluded she died from exposure. Anyone having any information about this case is urged to contact the Ontario Provincial Police (O.P.P ) in Durham Region or call Crime Stoppers at 222- TIPS.

Last seen in her home in this tiny town;
44?29'58.50"N  79? 9'19.15"W

Located two months later approx. here;
44?33'28.51"N  79?12'48.31"W

Death was cased by exposure but she had to get out there somehow ??? ??? It is eight kilometers from her home to the place her remains were eventually located.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 11:59:02 AM by Chris »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Patti-Jo Kelly- Jan 17th, 2001 Brechin ON
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 11:34:33 PM »
Yes I don think anyone goes out like that on porpose, someone must have left her out there on her own.

Colleen K

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 07:59:08 AM »
I am Patty-Jo's older sister, Colleen.  First of, her name is spelled Patty-Jo (with a 'y' / not an 'i').
The events leading up to and around her death have always puzzled me, as many other people.  Obviously the creator of this post feels the same!
Personally, I have put Patty-Jo's memories in a special spot and I can smile when I think her (which is everyday). However, I cry when I think of the controversy and unjustice that has been left trailing behind 7 years later!
I am going to send this link to all those in my circle and hope that somewhere/somehow someone knows the truth as to what really happened the night that Patty-Jo left her home in Brechin.
The truth always finds it way to the surface! :)
Also, please review my Facebook group http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=29463486488

debbiec

• Administrator
  • Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 10:05:54 AM »
First of all, let me say that I am sorry about you're sister. We had a similar case in our community a few years back where a girl was found laying along side a main road, deceased. They put the cause of death  down to exposure. It seemed very suspicious to me as does you're sister's. Have you ever known what went on earlier the day she went missing? Did she have any reason to be in the location she was found, and how did she get there? Sometimes I think the easiest thing to do is close the case, especially if there is no real evidence that a crime occurred. It is always my hope for every case on here that the right people will read about it and have information and come forward. I wish you the best in you're search for answers in the death of Patty-Jo.

bme

• View Profile
Re: Patty-Jo Kelly- Jan 17th, 2001 Brechin ON
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 05:07:37 PM »
This message is directed to kindheart. 

I would be interested to know if you currently or in the past resided in the area of Brechin or Gamesbrige based on your knowledge of the distance of where the body was located.   I commend you to encouraging anyone who knows about this case to contact the appropriate police dept. and provide what ever information they may have that is pertaining to this case. 

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Webmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Patty-Jo Kelly- Jan 17th, 2001 Brechin ON
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 08:25:22 PM »
Hi bme,

Kindheart left this site a new months ago. If that person does respond it will probably be thru a PM with a different account.